Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey speculation

Comments

• Options
    lol maybe a tad extreme
  • Options
    his a good player but i think it is too early for him to go, he will end up like david bentley, pushed out the team.
    i think players are getting brought up to super stars to young n too quick, dont know if anyone agrees.
  • Options
    Knew there'd be some more eventually
    Tribal Football, but taken from The Daily Mail.
    Chelsea are chasing Charlton Athletic winger Jonjo Shelvey.

The Daily Mail says the Blues are among the front runners in the race to sign Charlton’s 17-year-old midfielder, who is also wanted by Tottenham.

Charlton winger? Wonder where they got that idea from.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    Charlton winger? Wonder where they got that idea from.

Parky in the Cardiff match.

Ancelotti is a massive admirer and plans to emulate him by playing central midfileders up front, at centre back and on both wings next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick27[/cite]his a good player but i think it is too early for him to go, he will end up like david bentley, pushed out the team.
    i think players are getting brought up to super stars to young n too quick, dont know if anyone agrees.

Totally agree, the odd 'wonderkid' coming through like a Rooney, Pato, Messi, Owen or Giggs who can hold their own at the top level from 17/18 has distorted a lot of people's ideas of how your average pro progresses/develops.

Shelvey has a lot of ability for a 17 year, and hopefully lots more potential - but he's got a lot to learn before he's ready for a club like Chelsea, imo. It's not unheard of for a player to peak at a very young age and slowly decline either (Ambrose perhaps?). Shelvey needs to be at a club where he's going to get plenty of football, but perhaps being seen as the main man will be too much pressure on someone so young too. If he does leave, I do hope it's to a good club who won't just see him rot in the reserves, just to make sure no-one else gets him.
  • Options
    That Chelsea rumour has more legs in it than you may all think. Can't say no more.
  • Options
    crap tom
  • Options
    Legs can't think all that you say Chelsea has no rumour.

May you all more in it.
  • Options
    Jonjo as far as i'm aware would only look at West Ham or Liverpool so geordies and chelsea rumours dont bother me!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]That Chelsea rumour has more legs in it than you may all think. Can't say no more.

really Tom come on tell us more
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For no real reason I believe he could be on his way to Chelsea.
  • Options
    Maybe he should have a quiet word with John Bostock !!!

What makes you think he hasn't?

And what makes you think John Bostock would say anything other than: I'm training with top level pro's and I earn an absolute fortune doing it?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    They were both in the Englad u-17 team recently.

And they were interviewed together for the Grauniad or Times.
    You can bet two 17 year olds that obviously get on, don't keep too many secrets from each other.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Chelsea may be forced to look down their list of targets to Aston Villa's Ashley Young and Middlesbrough's Adam Johnson.

Striker Daniel Sturridge will join from Manchester City, Middlesbrough's Ross Turnbull is expected to sign as a back-up goalkeeper and the club also lead the race for Charlton midfielder Jonjo Shelvey.
    Latest rumour in the Daily Mail.

Chelsea this time.

So since I started this thread he's been linked with Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Any guesses at who it'll be next? Could continue with the London theme with West Ham, which would be slightly more worrying.
  • Options
    All just rumours. By the way he passed his driving test first time on friday and is now off on holiday. So keep the rumours going i enjoy reading them
  • Options
    I don't Uncle. He's one of the few glimpses of hope we have and want to keep him. Congratulations to Jonjo on passing his driving test. Never did see him on the train coming in from Essex :-)
  • Options
    No you wouldn't have done he always ponced a lift of someone. These rumours wont go away. They are the same ones that appeared nearly every week last season
  • Options
    Yeah, but we've nothing else to do but be worried by them during the summer. Hopefully we'll see his Limo in the car park next season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]All just rumours. By the way he passed his driving test first time on friday and is now off on holiday. So keep the rumours going i enjoy reading them

Exactly what Uncle says...Rumours. When we spoke to him at the sponsors evening he said the only two clubs that he's be interested in signing for we're the 'ammers and Liverpool.
  • Options
    These rumours will turn into fact by August. We are a 3rd division team with a need to balance the books. He will be off, I dont care where he go's as long as we get top dollar for him and he develops into the player we all hope he has in him. He signed a contract with us so we will be compensated, he's done things the right way unlike Bostock.

Good luck to him,I for one would hate to see him waste his time playing in the 3rd tier of English football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]These rumours will turn into fact by August. We are a 3rd division team with a need to balance the books. He will be off, I dont care where he go's as long as we get top dollar for him and he develops into the player we all hope he has in him. He signed a contract with us so we will be compensated, he's done things the right way unlike Bostock.

Good luck to him,I for one would hate to see him waste his time playing in the 3rd tier of English football.

Good luck to him indeed but playing regular football at a club he feels comfortable at for another season or so would imho be miles better than him warming the bench once in a while and more likely playing reserve team football for another 4 years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]These rumours will turn into fact by August. We are a 3rd division team with a need to balance the books. He will be off, I dont care where he go's as long as we get top dollar for him and he develops into the player we all hope he has in him. He signed a contract with us so we will be compensated, he's done things the right way unlike Bostock.

why will they we do not have to sell Jon Jo, as for wasting his time in the third tier, if he got signed by a prem team he would only make fleeting appearences and then be farmed out to the third tier in all honesty not because he isnt good enough he needs games, he will get all the experience he needs to show the world what he has got in him with us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

why will they we do not have to sell Jon Jo, as for wasting his time in the third tier, if he got signed by a prem team he would only make fleeting appearences and then be farmed out to the third tier in all honesty not because he isnt good enough he needs games, he will get all the experience he needs to show the world what he has got in
    him with us

Sadly his value will increase too so clubs want to get him ok the cheap now!

I'd love him to stay but if he goes I'd hope we can get him back on a season long loan
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]why will they we do not have to sell Jon Jo, as for wasting his time in the third tier, if he got signed by a prem team he would only make fleeting appearences and then be farmed out to the third tier in all honesty not because he isnt good enough he needs games, he will get all the experience he needs to show the world what he has got in him with us

I'd imagine there would be Championship teams happy to take him on loan.
  • Options
    I think that the club owe a debt enough to us to resist any advances, Jon is happy with us and has repaid us with the contract i can not see him going unless a silly offer comes in,

Jon Jo will start next season with us and will be the corner stone of our escape from the third division
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]
    Good luck to him,I for one would hate to see him waste his time playing in the 3rd tier of English football.[/quote]

Do you self harm, too?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I think that the club owe a debt enough to us to resist any advances, Jon is happy with us and has repaid us with the contract i can not see him going unless a silly offer comes in,

Jon Jo will start next season with us and will be the corner stone of our escape from the third division
    I would be astonished if, given our financial and league position, Jonjo was allowed to sign a contract that didn't have release terms set out in it - so I reckon that the club will have little say on whether they listen to any advances.
  • Options
    if he dont want to go he doesn't have to
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]All just rumours. By the way he passed his driving test first time on friday and is now off on holiday. So keep the rumours going i enjoy reading them

Neither denying or confirming them, nicely diverted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Centenary_Shirt[/cite]

Neither denying or confirming them, nicely diverted.

you cant expect him to say any different
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!