Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Liverpool Match Reaction

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
I'm scared to post this, as when you all get back from the pub tonight I'm expecting carnage!

I didn't get up early enough this morning in order not to listen to the commentary (to see if my sacrifice would bring some good luck; apparently not), and was unpleasantly unsurprised to see the 0-3 result. On the upside, I'm less depressed (marginally) through not having to listen to it blow by blow.

The question now is, is it worth commenting upon, moaning, analysing, suggesting a way to turn it all around, inspirational words to rally the troops, or should we just ignore it (we could talk about music, or have another quiz), close our eyes until the next match (even until May!) and hope it all goes away?

Comments

• Options
    Nothing has changed from last week or for that matter from just about any game this season, on the plus side I didn't expect any kind of result from this match, however on the negative side the two late goals should have been avoided, but they didn't flatter Liverpool.

Right now trying to find inspirational words or suggesting different players is like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. I suspect Reed can only change things by bringing in new blood and getting rid of several players.
  • Options
    I think we were better with Dowie in charge. We would not have lost 5-1 at spurs or 3-0 today if he was still here but I also feel the likelyhood is that we would still have been relegated even with Dowie .

I'm not happy with Reed as manager , last season stated the trouble with Curbs at times was that he didn't have a plan b but Reed looks like he hasn't even got a propper plan a.

The players need to take a good long look at themselves as well , unfortunatly when you bring in as many new faces as we have this season then if the going gets tough then they aint as bothered about the club as the ones that have been here a while .

Championship for us next season I'm afraid , I'd look at getting a good few quid for Bent in january while we still have a bit of bargaining power and using an amount to bring in a couple of strikers along the lines of Freddie Eastwood , players that may not be quite ready for the premier but will give us a good shout for promotion next season . The rest of the money should be put asside.
  • Options
    I looked at the line up today and may as well have gone back home before we started. After 15 minutes we could and should have been three or four down. It was shocking. Embarrassing. No Belief. No pride. No passion. NOT A FOOKING CLUE !

Faye PATHETIC
    Traore PATHETIC
    Jimmy Floyd Fatarse PATHETIC
    Dennis Shitmypants PATHETIC
    Borat PATHETIC

If I hadn't already got tickets for Tuesday I'd be stopping at home. Glad I'm not bothering with Arsenal, that could be major embarrassing.
  • Options
    Sadly today was even worse than Spurs.

I feel very depressed.
  • Options
    My comment - DOGSHIT!
  • Options
    In even bothering to post here I am showing more commitment than some of the players today!
    In Brief:

Myrhe: 7
    Young: 2
    El Karkouri: 2
    Hreidarsson: 0
    Traore: 0 (well maybe 3 if you discount the first two minutes)
    Diawarra: 5
    Rommedahl: 3
    Holland: 5
    Faye: 0
    Reid: 7
    Hasselbaink: 0
    Bent: 3
    Ambrose: 0
    Hughes: 6

PS If Traore hadn't been sent off at West Ham (and I blame the ref more than Traore for that) I can't help thinking that we might have won that game and got off to a decent start!)

PPS Walton to come back and then some serious wheeling and dealing required _ i DON'T MIND IF WE SELL DARREN BENT SO LONG AS IT IS USED TO FUND GOOD ACQUISITIONS AS OPPOSED TO SPENDING £10M on the likes of Faye, Marcus Bent, Traore, Diawarra
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I tell you what if I see that c+++ JFH in a charlton shirt again this season I am going to chin him. His constant bloody moaning at team mates when he doesn't even bloody try himself drives me mad.

That has to be THE most abject display by a Charlton team I have ever seen -.

That Faye was an absolute god damned joke of a supposed Professional player today. To not even be able to control the bloody ball is criminal and an absolute EMBARASSMENT.

Les Reed has got to go. It is so blatantly obvious he has not got the confidence of the players.

Our midfield is laughable. Sorry but if we are going to go down I want to go down looking like we are at least puttin up a fight. Holland was the only one for me who looked committed in that midfield and he wasn#t great.

I could have sworn I saw that Gislason warming up etc with the squad before the game well I don't care what any of you say, who say he has no experience, but it is time to blood him. If, as reported, Valencia want him then he must have something about him.

We NEED to have some young blood in the team who want to play for the shirt, want to play for thefans and most of all want to PLAY. Simon Walton , Jerome Thomas, Lloyd Sam, Gislason, James Walker,( who was top scorer in pre season), Nathan Ashton and bring back FORTUNE. I don't mean have all these players in at once but start blooding them and NOW.

I think STONE'S list of players says it all for me ALL FOREIGNERS and crap ones at that. I have always been a staunch supporter of Rommy but that was unforgiveable today's performance.

SOS ALAN PARDEW AND NOW
  • Options
    Totally agree Stone,what the f*** was that today,total and utter disgrace,not 1 player wore that shirt with pride or passion(maybe with the exception of Mhyre),the rest were an utter embarassment and don't warrant the thousands of pounds they're on per week.The blame can't always be put on the manager,he picks,what he thinks is the best and fittest 11 players and it's then down to them to show the commitment that their wages warrent.
    Absoloutly f***ing guteed!!
  • Options
    Arfur-

You pretty well sum up my feelings- I too thought i saw Gislason warming up- shows how desperate we are when that gets you excited.

Not good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    iIt's not so much a case of being excited about him because I have only seen him play once and I was a linesman at the game at the time but if a club of the stature of Valencia are interested he must have be half decent and half decent, after today, is a better than Faye
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fair point Arf-and you've seen him play once more than me-

To be honest- the being better than Faye bit doesn't amount to much after his performance today- Shocking!

Was he a named sub?
  • Options
    Faye's getting some flak.

From the Official Site:

While Reed also revealed that Amady Faye, who was substituted during the second half, had been suffering with a virus in the run-up to the game.

"Amady's has been a bit off-colour with a virus,” said the gaffer.

"It was starting to show and he started to give the ball away so it was time to make a change as we also wanted a different style of player in there. Bryan Hughes came on and did a very good job.
  • Options
    Arf

Was saying the same to some friends after, we have always up to the last couple of years had a Charlton core, players who had come through or had come for a good few seasons and wore the shirt with pride, I think the first promotion side would have beaten that shower today. This lot are just rubbish, with the possible exception today of Myrhe and Reid. The rest pretty much without exception can do one.
  • Options
    Len, I have a real respect for your views, knowledge and passion for our club.

But, that quote is Kak- Faye was attrocious today- so if he's not well enough to play- he doesn't! It's like- if he's fit enough to be on the bench et al.

And as for the last sentance-
  • Options
    SMA - agree there don't play him start with Hughes though how a virus stops you being able to have a first touch....
  • Options
    Len - gotta say mate I am with Stanmore normally enjoy your posts but Faye was undefendable today sorry. If he had a virus don't play him.
  • Options
    Tell you what tho Arf, at least Kim Grant isn't the last home player to be booed whilst still playing at the Valley anymore. I bet he's gonna sleep easier tonight now.
  • Options
    I'm not defending his performance I'm defending his commitment. Big difference.
  • Options
    Len, give it up mate. You can't defend the indefensible. If he was ill then that's one thing - I actually siad to my old man that something must be up as nobody could be that bad - but that was probably one of the worst performances you're (hopefully) ever likley to see in the shirt. Even Peter Shaw would've done better than that I reckon!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Len, give it up mate. You can't defend the indefensible. If he was ill then that's one thing - I actually siad to my old man that something must be up as nobody could be that bad - but that was probably one of the worst performances you're (hopefully) ever likley to see in the shirt. Even Peter Shaw would've done better than that I reckon![/quote]

I think we are now realising why he wasn't a regular at Newcastle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We thought we knew better though, eh? Just like when the Evertonians came on to tell us how bad M Bent was. Ah well.
  • Options
    Rubbish
  • Options
    I watched the whole game on Sky over here - fookin attrocious and if we need to drop a level to out the uncommitted shite and blood youngsters (well done Arf) who want to play for the shirt then so be it. Reed - back to head coach, do that which your good at, it's so blatently obvious that the players aren't with you.
  • Options
    I can take losing 3-0 by a better team but what I cant take is the lack of committment by our own players. Its not as though we are asking for much here and its only for 90 minutes. How much are they payed each week?
  • Options
    So many mistakes been made this season from board level to pitch level.

Probably the most gutless Charlton performances I have seen in 20 odd years, still getting visions of Traore trundling back at half pace whilst Liverpool had 5 against 2.

We have players who have the heart but not the ability
    We have players who have the ability but not the heart
    We have players with no ability and no heart

The combination of those three will possibly be the lowest Premiership points tally bar Sunderland last season.

Borat, Holland, Faye, Traore, HH. JFH, M Bent, Ambrose, Hughes should not be anywhere near our first team yet some of those are getting picked week after week after week.

There have been some dark days at The Valley over the years, this is right up there.

We have the best chance ever of getting to the league cup semi finals and you couldnt pay me to turn up on Tuesday.