Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton start next season, at worst, 3rd from bottom

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
Charlton supremo Phil Parkinson announced today that after failing to get Norwich and Barnsley to go into administration this season, the club had started to work on other clubs finances early and after successfully pushing Southampton into administration, the club has pulled off a coup by pushing Stockport county into administration.

Says Richard Murray "Phil may have something to prove on the pitch, but he is a wizard at acountantcy."

Phil is waiting for confirmation that the 10 point deduction will be next season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stockport/8027353.stm

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2009
    Murray went on to say

"Kap10 may be a whizz at flogging fridges and dishwashers but he can't post a link to save his life"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stockport/8027353.stm
  • Options
    looking at the table Stockport could still go down as a 10 point deduction would leave them on 50 points 3 points of 4th bottom Carlisle.

Unlikely and would depend on who's playing who.
  • Options
    No Stockport do not go down , Bredbury Hall next year
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]looking at the table Stockport could still go down as a 10 point deduction would leave them on 50 points 3 points of 4th bottom Carlisle.

Unlikely and would depend on who's playing who.

Carlisle v Millwall
    Brighton v Stockport

Stockport have an 18 goal superior goal difference, so won't be going down unless they lose by 6 and Millwall win by 12.
  • Options
    I think we will be favourites from position, starting in the top 4, at least, due to our place in the alphapet.
  • Options
    I don't understand why Stockport got the points deducted this season as they effectively cannot be relegated.
  • Options
    how exactly is this deduction a penalty? It isn't. Surely the -10 pts should be for next season.
  • Options
    Exactly Large.
  • Options
    Just found this, it seems you only get it next season if you are in danger of getting relegated which is so backwards:

The Football League acted immediately by imposing a ten-point penalty that drops Jim Gannon’s team four places to seventeenth in the third tier. The penalty would have been carried over to next season if Stockport were relegated to League Two, but their healthy goal difference means that they are effectively safe from relegation even with their revised tally of 50 points. Only extraordinary wins by the four clubs immediately below them can send them down after this weekend’s final round of matches.

Stockport may appear to have escaped lightly, but there is a danger that more points could be deducted during the summer if the club fail to comply with the Football League’s insolvency policy.
  • Options
    Maybe it's me being thick this morning, but I can't quite see exactly how they have been punished ... dropping 4 places in the league with no relegation does not sound as bad as most clubs get hit!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think it only effects those in relegation / promotion battles. If they was in with a chance of the playoffs or automatic promotion it would have hurt. Seems there's a lot more to be said for "mid table mediocraty" (sp) than we were led to believe. Who'd have thought it!
  • Options
    I thought if the deduction didnt change anything this season, then it was carried over to next season, as they have missed the deadline to announce administration, weird.