Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre season friendly's....

SE9SE9
edited April 2009 in General Charlton
Will we be told of these on Sunday or have to wait? I remember when we went back to the valley, they allways published them in the last programme of the season but they dont do that all the time now.

Comments

• I reckon we'll play Welling.
  • crawley away has been muted, usual welling game, would be nice to get a big home game like the old days when we played arsenal at the valley and won.. ian wright and all wearing that nasty yellow awat shirt, now were a lower league team big clubs mike take pity on us.
  • I think we'll be the minnow and we'll get to play a "big game" against a leviathan such as Barnsley

Oh how the mighty have fallen!

We're usually the big club....we might even play a few at home this season!
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]crawley away has been muted, usual welling game, would be nice to get a big home game like the old days when we played arsenal at the valley and won.. ian wright and all wearing that nasty yellow awat shirt, now were a lower league team big clubs mike take pity on us.

yeah right, we turned down Rangers last pre-season at The Valley because we were more worried about policing costs. Best we can hope for is home to Fulham or someone equalling as boring.
  • A tour of Hull i heard.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]

yeah right, we turned down Rangers last pre-season

Don't think so
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]

yeah right, we turned down Rangers last pre-season[/cite]
    [cite]

Don't think so[/cite]

perhaps the other half of Glasgow then, sure it was one or the other.
  • who mentioned Ireland Wednesday night?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]

yeah right, we turned down Rangers last pre-season[/cite]
    [cite]

Don't think so[/cite]

perhaps the better half of Glasgow then, sure it was one or the other.

I think you may be closer there.
  • As we were only in the Premiere League a few years ago the likes of arsenal ect dont seem as intresting as they were 10 years ago. If we play someone at home it will have to be a champions league from abroad for me. Obviously Rangers would be good and draw a big crowd, quite possibly our biggest for the last few years
  • Sponsored links:

• Crawley are confirmed, saw it on Newsnow a while ago. A tuesday in July, I seem to remeber.
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I think we'll be the minnow and we'll get to play a "big game" against a leviathan such as Barnsley

Oh how the mighty have fallen!

couldn't have written it better myself , we might get lucky and a terrific footballing side like donny who might grace us with their presence
  • I do hope it's Ireland. Had a great weekend in Dublin/Bray the last time.

Would love it to be Norn Ireland though.

Celtic would've been a bloody disaster. . .
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]who mentioned Ireland Wednesday night?

KillersBeard...And he shared a table with...?
  • Do you remember the south london pre season tournaments - Charlton; Millwall and Palace ... that would be tasty ... but I'd rather not
  • Hope we get the first team at Bromley this year.
  • Well now we are a 3rd division club may be we could get one or two premiership teams interested in playing us pre season, could be more fun than playing conference and non conference teams and could also bring some money into the club.
  • [cite]Posted By: somerton[/cite]Well now we are a 3rd division club may be we could get one or two premiership teams interested in playing us pre season, could be more fun than playing conference and non conference teams and could also bring some money into the club.

We'll probably just play teams from an even lower level.
  • [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]Crawley are confirmed, saw it on Newsnow a while ago. A tuesday in July, I seem to remeber.

21st july 7.45ko
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Hope we get the first team at Bromley this year.
    Indeed, or a big team like Peterborough.
  • Sponsored links:

• insider at the training ground told me we are going on tour to hertfordshire to play;
    arsenal ladies reserves, borehamwood 5th royal scout group & murphy's mob.
    he/she also said;
    the big one at the valley a week before the season kicks off is a visit from the north-east.
    jossy blair is bringing the Glipton Grasshoppers to SE7.
  • Just in from the Bulletin:

1st Home Pre-Season Game announced.

Aug 1st, 3pm.

Charlton Athletic will be playing Jess Conrad's Celebrity XI, at Swingate Lane Playing Fields, Plumstead *

Jess's XI will include Bill Oddie, Ray Winstone, Karl Howman, Dick & Dom and Diddy David Hamilton and are expected to give Charlton a very good pre-season run out.

As a gesture of goodwill from the board, Season Tickets holders can get in for £35.80.

Half time entertainment will be from Britains Got F-all Talent Stars, local Woolwich Hip-Hop dance troupe; 'Imagination'.

* You to can play on the hallowed turf at Swingate Lane. For the meagre sum of 5 Grand, you can hire the pitch for 30 minutes, Sandwiches and a jug of Lidl's squash will be included.

Roll on Summer
  • I suspect it might be time to dust off the maps to Wimbourne, Bashley, Dorchester & Torquay (although if they go up they could be out of our league.
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Just in from the Bulletin:

Aug 1st, 3pm.

Charlton Athletic will be playing Jess Conrad's Celebrity XI, at Swingate Lane Playing Fields, Plumstead *

Jess's XI will include Bill Oddie, Ray Winstone, Karl Howman, Dick & Dom and Diddy David Hamilton and are expected to give Charlton a very good pre-season run out.

As a gesture of goodwill from the board, Season Tickets holders can get in for £35.80.

Half time entertainment will be from Britains Got F-all Talent Stars, local Woolwich Hip-Hop dance troupe; 'Imagination'.

* You to can play on the hallowed turf at Swingate Lane. For the meagre sum of 5 Grand, you can hire the pitch for 30 minutes, Sandwiches and a jug of Lidl's squash will be included.

Roll on Summer

Are they digging up Hilda to ride round the field on her motorbike??
  • edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]I suspect it might be time to dust off the maps to Wimbourne, Bashley, Dorchester & Torquay (although if they go up they could be out of our league.

That will be great if it is Bashley,Wimborne and Dorchester the same week as Crawley as i'm in the area on a cricket tour :)
    In fact we are playing Wimborne!
  • Mr. Parkes has been enquring to the cost of b&b in Dublin.
  • I have it on good authority that LookOut is arranging a pre-season tour of Bermuda.
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Just in from the Bulletin:

Aug 1st, 3pm.

Roll on Summer

Saw Karl Howman having a drink with Ray Winstone in the Ship and Shovel , Charing X before the Cardiff game recently.Around the corner were a load of pissed up Welshmen boozing being a nuiscance on Villiers St.......Winstone v Cardiff would have been an interesting confrontation.
  • Hope we have a game against a premier league side - that'd be nice for once!
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]crawley away has been muted,

I would have gone for that!

It's just up the road.