Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Contracts

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
Probably a thread already exists so apologies. But who are the 11 players out of contract:-

Burton
Weaver
Ambrose
ZZ
Holland
Fortune?

Comments

• Randolph i think?
    toddy
  • NOT Burton.

Weaver
    Randolph
    Ambrose
    ZZ
    Holland
    Fortune
    Toddy
  • edited April 2009
    I thought I had read on here or in the press that we had only signed Burton till the Summer. can't see anything in the News section of the OS about his signing so maybe he didn't!
  • The following 11 definitely are-

Ambrose, Arter, Fortune, Holland, Randolph, Aswad Thomas, Todorov, Weaver, Wright, Yussuff and Zheng.

I thought I saw that Burton was an 18 month contract, but I can't find anything (might have been in one of the programmes though).

Then obviously we have 3 loans that are expiring in Butterfield, Ward and Kandol.
  • Kinsella is also out of contract.
  • can't find anywhere on the OS, trawled all news re Burton, as to how long his contract is. Maybe it is only till the end of the season although I'd doubt it. Spring has a year left on his.
  • Ambrose, Arter, Fortune, Holland, Randolph, Aswad Thomas, Todorov, Weaver, Wright, Yussuff and Zheng.

I thought I saw that Burton was an 18 month contract, but I can't find anything (might have been in one of the programmes though).

With the exception of Holland I will not miss this lot........
  • [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Ambrose, Arter, Fortune, Holland, Randolph, Aswad Thomas, Todorov, Weaver, Wright, Yussuff and Zheng.

With the exception of Holland I will not miss this lot........

Fortune's also proved his worth over the years, and if funds allowed us to keep ZZ - he'd give us that quality in the Third Division.

Arter, Wright and Yussuf have all got decent ability ..... they've never had a run in the side to prove their worth,
    That's called lack of opportunity, rather than lack of ability.

And in the Third Division, they could be well good enough once they've got games under their belt.

As for the rest, they've never proved their hunger to play, let alone win .........
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Arter, Wright and Yussuf have all got decent ability ..... they've never had a run in the side to prove their worth,

And in the Third Division, they could be well good enough once they've got games under their belt.

I expect we'll keep at least one of them.

Don't need Weaver now with Elliot and maybe Randolph, cheaper and really not that much difference in ability.

I agree about Fortune and ZZ, think he'll go but we might keep Fortune.

Thomas isn't good enough, and Ambrose has to go. Had plenty of chances now and still doesn't do enough.
  • Fortune's also proved his worth over the years, and if funds allowed us to keep ZZ - he'd give us that quality in the Third Division.

Arter, Wright and Yussuf have all got decent ability ..... they've never had a run in the side to prove their worth,

As for the rest, they've never proved their hunger to play, let alone win .........

Just do not rate ZZ.... never have, he is a legend in his agents mind.....

Fortune! had his chances and at times a decent player , at feel he needs to move on, every time I see him I am reminded of the back heel Henry did against him a few seasons ago, never been the same player since, I bet he has nightmares with that one!
    Had all the angles covered, except whoops! goal...... mind you not to many players like that in the 3rd.

The others, nah!........