Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This isnt good....

I have read on a few norwich web-sites that they have tickets for everywhere on Sunday!

Then I was told we had a Norwich fan upstairs so I went up there to have a word to see what he was doing?

He said that he knows 100% that block A East and the block nearest the Jimmy Seed in the West will be full off canareys and then he produced 3 tickes for the covered end lower!!!!!!!!!! He said he wasen't alone!

I said was he the type to go bouncing around if they scored and he replyed with a grin "Of course not"!

Should be fun?

Comments

• Options
    bless em
  • Options
    better not be any near me
  • Options
    they wont score and we will send them down.

no problems that way
  • Options
    I read that on the Canaries social network site Tweeter as well.
  • Options
    good time to nick a tractor sunday
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]I have read on a few norwich web-sites that they have tickets for everywhere on Sunday!

Then I was told we had a Norwich fan upstairs so I went up there to have a word to see what he was doing?

He said that he knows 100% that block A East and the block nearest the Jimmy Seed in the West will be full off canareys and then he produced 3 tickes for the covered end lower!!!!!!!!!! He said he wasen't alone!

I said was he the type to go bouncing around if they scored and he replyed with a grin "Of course not"!

Should be fun?

I'm down in those parts i'll kill em all if they win. (note - I couldn't kill a housefly)
  • Options
    Report them, then we'll see whos laughing about their plan
  • Options
    The club must be aware of this though surely? I can't imagine there's too many games where they get a sudden rush of people buying up tickets for the east stand block A!!
  • Options
    they are fully aware chris i emailed the club last week and they know, the stupid norwich fans boasting about where there sitting will be caught, its a shame but i hope the day goes of peacefully.
  • Options
    Perhaps the club is aware and is just grabbing the money. They will probably kick them out after kick off!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The club will take their money first, and then eject the Norwich.
    That's the financially sensible way.

The Norwich will thank God for transistor radio's.

;o)
  • Options
    I think everyone needs to calm a little on this.

Its not Millwall, or Palace, its Norwich.

A decent, club, with decent support, very similar in its make up to us.

Lets not turn this into something its not. If there are a few carrot crunchers around the place, then there hardly going to be ganging up and giving it the large. They're not silly, they wouldn't go to those efforts just to be either thrown out or worse.

If the tables were reversed then i'm sure plenty of us would be doing what we could to get tickets.
  • Options
    Not quite sure why the Norwich are so anxious to be at the match this Sunday.

They'll be playing us again next season.

;o)
  • Options
    Hopefully
  • Options
    To true D but you know what football fans are like score the winner in the 85th and cant control yourselfs!

Could you imagine if there were 3 or 4 of them seating in the covered end upper and they go up when they score?

The last fans to do that were the gooners and we all know what happened to them?
  • Options
    PISH UP!!!!
  • Options
    If we had something riding on this game like they have I wouldn't be happy but I can't see a problem now. surely we can sympathise a bit they can stay up after all so you can't blame them as AFKA says we'd do the same .

But don't fancy their chances in the covered end must admit
  • Options
    AFKA i agree to a % but think on this.

We have had a bucket full of shit this year/last year/ and the year before, so Norwich stuff us (3 v0)and stay up and the guys in front of you are Narwich and start leaping about------------ sorry fella they may be a nice club (what ever that means) but that aint on.

any carrot munchers in the que when i get my tickets Thursday may find their tractors on fire later
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Not quite sure why the Norwich are so anxious to be at the match this Sunday.

;o)

I had to laugh Oggy, after reading all of the above I have been having a look at what is being said on some of the "Norwich" forums, one of them has a thread saying that "If Charlton had any sense they would throw the match and let Norwich win so we do not have to play them next season", it then goes on to say "Charlton will want to bounce straight back and will have Leeds and Southampton to deal with so they will not want Norwich added to that list"

Lol, I am cacking myself at the thought of playing Southampton & Norwich next season, not... both piss poor teams with piss poor managers and Southampton already minus 10 points!

You have to laugh, bless em.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]any carrot munchers in the que when i get my tickets Thursday may find their tractors on fire later

remeber when we played man utd in the cup got to the ticket office about 7am to que for tickets there was already 50 or so infront of me, by the time it opend the que went back up towards chalrton lane, some bright man u fan parked on floyd road with a london A-Z left open on the passenger seat and a man u car sticker, had a treat when he got back all his tyres had been let down...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Not quite sure why the Norwich are so anxious to be at the match this Sunday.

;o)

I had to laugh Oggy, after reading all of the above I have been having a look at what is being said on some of the "Norwich" forums, one of them has a thread saying that "If Charlton had any sense they would throw the match and let Norwich win so we do not have to play them next season", it then goes on to say "Charlton will want to bounce straight back and will have Leeds and Southampton to deal with so they will not want Norwich added to that list"

Lol, I am cacking myself at the thought of playing Southampton & Norwich next season, not... both piss poor teams with piss poor managers and Southampton already minus 10 points!

You have to laugh, bless em.

lol ... ES Mike. Then, of course, there's already another team going down with a piss poor team and piss poor manager ...(!)

Norwich have got win on Sunday, and Barmsley have got to lose at Argyle ..... and make up -3 goal difference.
    They might do it, of course - but it's a long shot.
  • Options
    We'll draw, of course.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]AFKA i agree to a % but think on this.

We have had a bucket full of shit this year/last year/ and the year before, so Norwich stuff us (3 v0)and stay up and the guys in front of you are Narwich and start leaping about
    sorry fella they may be a nice club (what ever that means) but that aint on.

any carrot munchers in the que when i get my tickets Thursday may find their tractors on fire later

but we're already down, and according to some, people will have left by the 85th minute, some won't leave the pub at 1pm, could it really bother us that much if they come down with us or stay up?

if there are any near me, i'll have banter and pat them on the back for supporting their club when they need them and congratulating them on staying up, if they manage it.
  • Options
    plymouth are safe but a strange team can be good can be frankly piss poor, think Barnsley will have just enough to do them, hopefully couple of early goals so the norwich hear the news on there radios and give up, like we did against sheff weds all those years ago..
  • Options
    Good luck to them as long as they behave themselves, nice to see such support, I believe they've sold 17,00 season tickets for next year already...if that's true that's amazing support.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]AFKA i agree to a % but think on this.

We have had a bucket full of shit this year/last year/ and the year before, so Norwich stuff us (3 v0)and stay up and the guys in front of you are Narwich and start leaping about
    sorry fella they may be a nice club (what ever that means) but that aint on.

but we're already down, and according to some, people will have left by the 85th minute, some won't leave the pub at 1pm, could it really bother us that much if they come down with us or stay up?

if there are any near me, i'll have banter and pat them on the back for supporting their club when they need them and congratulating them on staying up, if they manage it.

Blimey, you might as well stick a Norwich shirt on and go and sit in east stand block A!!
    If they beat us and stay up, i for one shall be thoroughly peed off. I hope we stuff them and their 4/5/6k fans who are allegedly going to take over our ground go home depressed cos that's how i've felt leaving the Valley on most occasions this season.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I think everyone needs to calm a little on this.

Lets not turn this into something its not. If there are a few carrot crunchers around the place, then there hardly going to be ganging up and giving it the large. They're not silly, they wouldn't go to those efforts just to be either thrown out or worse.

If the tables were reversed then i'm sure plenty of us would be doing what we could to get tickets.

AFKA, I totally understand where you are coming from on this. I have said though on another thread that I don't particularly want to be surrounded by a bunch of neurotic Canaries but I guess I'd put up with it provided they behave themselves. I'll leave it to the club and the authorities to "police". What I wouldn't like is continuous agro and ejections going on around me because that will just spoil the game.

It seems to me that if the club either needs to deal with interlopers at the entrance to the Ground, or deal with incidents that occur if things kick off. If they are going to do the former, maybe what they should do is ask fans to have their Red Cards available for inspection at the turnstyles. If somebody has bought them tickets, then then that person needs to be there to "vouch" for them, otherwise, unless they can prove their Charlton credentials, they wont be admitted.

I hate all this, I wish we could sit together. The sad thing is that clubs have to decide either to control the perimeter or monitor and deal with incidents as they occur.
  • Options
    I haven't got a problem with Norwich fans in the home areas per see

The Exec box behind me is bound to have a few and as long as they behave that's OK

However if we go ahead and the Covered End is giving it verbally to them some of the Norwich fans might react.

Equally if the Jimmy Seed stand are giving it to us ie "your supporting is flipping shoddy" then someone is going to turn round to a Norwich fan and suggest that they go away.

One or two fans dotted around would be no problem. A large group congregating in one part of the ground would. Imagine you have a ST in A block of the East and find yourself surrounded by them singing and shouting. Would you go up when we score or join in Charlton songs?

Sure the Stewards are aware of it and will deal with it on the day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I think everyone needs to calm a little on this.

AFKA, I totally understand where you are coming from on this. I have said though on another thread that I don't particularly want to be surrounded by a bunch of neurotic Canaries but I guess I'd put up with it provided they behave themselves. I'll leave it to the club and the authorities to "police". What I wouldn't like is continuous agro and ejections going on around me because that will just spoil the game.

It seems to me that if the club either needs to deal with interlopers at the entrance to the Ground, or deal with incidents that occur if things kick off. If they are going to do the former, maybe what they should do is ask fans to have their Red Cards available for inspection at the turnstyles. If somebody has bought them tickets, then then that person needs to be there to "vouch" for them, otherwise, unless they can prove their Charlton credentials, they wont be admitted.

I hate all this, I wish we could sit together. The sad thing is that clubs have to decide either to control the perimeter or monitor and deal with incidents as they occur.

You raise a good point Bing re the red card being checked however I think it would be a nightmare.

What i am about to say is not meant as a racist comment, just an observation, however although I am a season ticket holder in the East stand I have sat in all three of the home stands this year for one reason or another and I cannot remember the last time I was delat with by a turnstile operator that could speak good english.

If they had to ask questions re the red card and more importantly understand the answers we could find ourselves kicking off at 17.00 on Sunday!
  • Options
    There are a number of very frustrated fans in the ground. Some of these will no doubt object to any away fans in home seats. I will be happy to be proved wrong, but this sounds like trouble brewing