Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2,908 reasons why Parky should go

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
official site asks : 'Will you renew your season ticket?'

of 6,187 votes it's :

yes 46%
no 47%
maybe 7%

Comments

• Do you really believe those sort of polls though ?
  • if it's on the o/s it is 100% nailed on FACT.
  • I'm disappointed, I thought this was going to be another thread similar to the likes of "things you never knew about Ben Thatcher" or "reasons why Mark Hudson isn''t on holiday"
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]if it's on the o/s it is 100% nailed on FACT.

Yep, Henry says so ....

;o)
  • Wondered why you hadnt posted much this morning Large - frantically voting so you could start this thread eh?

;-)
  • edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]if it's on the o/s it is 100% nailed on FACT.

Yep, Henry says so ....

;o)

I've never said that. Ok, maybe once or twice : - 0

[cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Wondered why you hadnt posted much this morning Large - frantically voting so you could start this thread eh?

;-)

LOL
    [cite]Posted By: tricky[/cite]I'm disappointed, I thought this was going to be another thread similar to the likes of "things you never knew about Ben Thatcher" or "reasons why Mark Hudson isn''t on holiday"

Oh, it still can be : - )
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Do you really believe those sort of polls though ?

yes. My mate and his wife were at a party the other night, seven season ticket holders in attendance including them. Three said they were renewing, four not. Of those four saying not, two said they would if Parky went. I think this is generally a widely held view. So, if we had 15,000 sst's last season we can expect :

6,429 to renew with Parky at the helm
    10,714 to renew with Parky gone

extra 4,285 equates to about £1m quid.

No brainer imo.
  • Well I was round the pub with my dad and his mates, about 8 of them.

They were all renewing so if we had 15,000 sst's last season we can expect 15,000 to renew regardless.

Easy this isnt it!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Wondered why you hadnt posted much this morning Large - frantically voting so you could start this thread eh?

;-)

I've voted once and voted honestly. I've renewed already and voted likewise.
  • Don't disagree that it is a sentiment held by some although going back to the poll it just asks if people are renewing not which factors are making them reach that decision.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]6,429 to renew with Parky at the helm

Math%20teacher%20at%20blackboard%20uid%201283905.jpg

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Don't disagree that it is a sentiment held by some although going back to the poll it just asks if people are renewing not which factors are making them reach that decision.

I'm stabbing wildly in the dark here but I reckon relegation could be a major factor.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]6,429 to renew with Parky at the helm

Math%20teacher%20at%20blackboard%20uid%201283905.jpg

;-)

that isn't the correct formula adam.
    1, a. is the equation of goals per game for our strikers.
    b. is steve waggots tax return (in millions)
    and c. is our average away support.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Don't disagree that it is a sentiment held by some although going back to the poll it just asks if people are renewing not which factors are making them reach that decision.

I'm stabbing wildly in the dark here but I reckon relegation could be a major factor.

Could be, could be.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    and c. is our average away support.

543.9 is a little high isn't it?
  • good job they don't ask what influences my decision, because i would have to say the massive waste of Steve Waggotts wages as a factor....I'll get me coat, and get ready for a kicking shall I?
    Mind you, if Waggott was on a wage of £50,000 per year I might be persuaded to get another 2 season tickets.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    and c. is our (below) average away support.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Do you really believe those sort of polls though ?

yes. My mate and his wife were at a party the other night, seven season ticket holders in attendance including them. Three said they were renewing, four not. Of those four saying not, two said they would if Parky went. I think this is generally a widely held view. So, if we had 15,000 sst's last season we can expect :

6,429 to renew with Parky at the helm

No brainer imo.

I think 2 people telling you counts as "anecdotal evidence" rather than "statistically meaningful survey" ;o)
  • I'm going to renew and buy one for my son who didnt have one last year, so by that calculation we will have 30,000. Better get building!!!!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]I'm going to renew and buy one for my son who didnt have one last year, so by that calculation we will have 30,000. Better get building!!!!!!!!

And my dad is getting a disabled ticket so that will be a whole new disabled stand we'll have to build.
  • Sponsored links:

• In a few years both my kids will have one and possibly a couple of nephews and then my brother as well. Thats from 2 of us to 7. We're going to need a target 70000 at this rate!
  • edited April 2009
    well i didnt buy for the last few years but i am seriously contemplating it this year.
  • me and my better half are probably not gonna renew and go to more away games.

****taps calculator***

14,998 away fans at yeovil then.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]me and my better half are probably not gonna renew and go to more away games.

****taps calculator***

14.998 away fans at yeovil then.
  • At a guess, I reckon season ticket sales will be around 30% down on last season.....anything better than that will be a bonus IMHO.
  • My next door neighbour is buying one because it is cheap (honest).

If every neighbour buys a ticket as well as kids who never attended, just under half of party goers, 100% dads mates, some extended family members of existing ticket holders and one Dazzler get a ticket BUT a bacon sandwich doesn't then does Parky need to get sacked?

If someone can put that into an equation, can they keep it to themselves please.

Oh and we would still need a bigger disabled stand.
  • 2,909 because Stone cold says so!