Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What can Teenagers do in London?

edited April 2009 in Not Sports Related
Going to have visitors staying in July - 3 sixteen year olds, 2 boys and 1 girl.

What can they do which will be cheap and not "boring"?

Comments

• Charlton pre-seaon game at Welling
    London Eye
    Imperial War Museum
    Wembley
    London Zoo
    Regents Park
    Hyde Park
  • Whatever they do they will be bored. You could try cooking disgusting food, listening to crap music, wanking or sleeping, but they will probably prefer hanging around drinking and smoking and intimidating the rest of us on street corners.

Or go to:

http://www.london.gov.uk/young-london/teens/things-to-do/index.jsp
  • Let's be honest , if you can't find things for them to do in London then you wont find anything for them to do ANYWHERE!
  • plenty of museums mate

natural history
    science museum
    imperial war

to name 3

all free to enter

everything else u have to pay for so obviously depends on budget

trocodero ten pin bowling have some reallyyy cheap deals on during the day costs about 2.50 ish a game check that out.
  • illegal rave in brixton?
  • Camden Market

Bit of royal stuff like Buck House

Shopping in the West End/Harrods

London Eye at night

Depends what they are into I guess.
  • i think if their sporty wembley tour should be good if not open top bus tour london dungeons tate modern
  • They won't get up in time for anything, so that'll keep the costs down. Cheap pizza slices whilst meandering around Soho, Picadilly and Chinatown late at night, illegal substances, trying to get laid, Brixton gigs and cinemas seemed to be the only thing that kindled my broods interests at that age. National Gallery has the portrait exhibition on which is worth a gander. Travelex season at the National Theatre - £10 a ticket. Tate Modern though is a good idea and the walk to it along the river via Horse Guards, Downing St., Big Ben, across Westminster past County Hall was surprisingly well received.
  • Walk from Leicester Square to Waterloo
  • two cans of super T.... a teenth .... and an ali of wizza ....

that'll sort them ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Kimbo

how long are they staying and where are they coming from?

not sure if i was 16 folks that i would go to a museum
  • Are they from the london/South East area?
    No point in doing the touristy London stuff if they are visiting you from Guildford.

The best thing you could do is give them a travelcard, 20 quid and let them go explore london on their own.
    Failing that take them to London Aquarium, London Dungeons or just to shout at tourists queueing for Madame Taussards telling them how crap it is.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Kimbo

not sure if i was 16 folks that i would go to a museum

tRU BUT HE DID SAY CHEAP..

Can't get cheaper than free.

Imperial War museum is the nuts.
  • [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]Going to have visitors staying in July - 3 sixteen year olds, 2 boys and 1 girl.

What can they do which will be cheap and not "boring"?

Stabbing and shooting people?

No Henner's idea is great camden Market, Portabello Road loads of stuff they'll love in both of those!
  • The 16 year old Girl. Simply to Topshop in Oxford Circus i've yet to meet any female overseas visitors who don't gawp with giddy excitement about the largest womens clothes shop in Europe especially with the Pound being as week as it is.

Tate Modern, London Eye, Aquariam, Namco arcade and then a film on the Imax would be a pretty good day on the southbank for me. I'd recommend the London Dungeon and wembley Tour as J block Joe sugguests
  • Agree with Henry here, Camden Market is always a good one, I suspect they may get a bit bored in museams. It all really depends what they're into. A Wembley tour is always interesting for anyone.
  • Have to ask some questions first.

Have they been to London before?
    Are they foreign?
    WHY HAVE YOU GOT 3 16 YEAR OLDS VISITING YOU?!

As for cheap, if the weather stays good a picnic in a park with a friendly game of football/cricket. You're spoilt for choices here, I can't think of another city that has as many parks as us!
  • JTJT
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    WHY HAVE YOU GOT 3 16 YEAR OLDS VISITING YOU?!

lol
  • yes where do you live kimbo woudl be handy. i took a group of youngers up on the Thames Clipper to the london eye at Easter. You can get a river rover nowadays and so you can get on and off where you like, starting from either woolwich or we started at the Dome. kids loved it but they are bit younger than 16 but the adults loved it too.
  • Thank you for your suggestions, answers to questions raised.
    My friends son is bringing some friends down - his first solo trip to London without mum and dad!
    They live in Dundee, Scotland and i live in Blackheath. One has been down often, but remember they are 16 the chances of getting them any where near a museum or gallery or walking anywhere is NIL.
    Camden Market and Topshop sounds good, would say wembley but being Scottish they would probably come out in a rash. Think i will dump them in Bluewater for a day and collect them later, film at O2.

They were down in Easter and we went to the Monument - has anybody been really good
  • Sponsored links:

• Kimbo

do the London Tombs not too pricey,

Camden market is a good call

if not i was going to suggest bluewater
  • what about those ducktours? the tour bus that goes in the river? not sure how much it is though
  • Boat trip Charing Cross Pier <-> Greenwich is a great day out.
  • you see, you see Cardigan man is down with the yoof ; - )
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]what about those ducktours? the tour bus that goes in the river? not sure how much it is though[/quote]

I have done that before, really expensive if i recollect about £22 each and not that good
  • well as i aid the thames clipper river roamer is great for them. they can get down to greenwich pier and jump on and go up and down and get on and off when theylike. the dome being a good place for them to end up as they can go to the cinema after.
  • the sherlock holmes museum
    the national portrait gallery
    gala bingo in tooting
  • Hornimums museum near forest gate is always good for a day out.
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]the sherlock holmes museum

Just realised, I've never been there - any good?
  • edited April 2009
    Its quite compact but it is very interesting. As are the Beatles and Elvis stores on the same street.