Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FFS - Gislason off to Valencia?!

WSSWSS
edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Good enough for Valencia but not for us?
Valencia in for Addicks youngster
By: Dan on Fri 15th December 2006
Spanish giants Valencia are the front runners to sign promising Charlton youngster Rurik Gislason.
Tipped as the "hottest thing out of Iceland" on his arrival to Charlton nearly two years ago, Gislason has only featured for the reserves and was not even been given a chance by former bosses Alan Curbishley and then Iain Dowie.

Valencia representatives have been impressed by the Icelandic's performances, especially during his countries European Championship Qualifying Group where he represents at under-19’s level.

Charlton have received a formal offer from the Spanish side, who initially want the player on a 6 month loan period. Charlton are considering the request.

The 18-year-old has become frustrated by his lack of first team opportunities.

“People come to me after every training session to tell me that I'm getting closer to be in the first team but then nothing happens," he said.

"I’ve been slightly frustrated by this during this season because I have been doing well for the reserves but the manager has opted to field the same players in the first team.

"Which I can understand from his point of view because it is hard to experiment when the team is in the kind of position it now finds itself in.

"I will continue to work hard and will try not to let this get on my nerves and hopefully my chance will come when Charlton play against Wycombe in the Cup next week.”

Clubs in Germany, Scotland, England and Scandinavia have made enquiries about the player’s availability over the past month and are looking to make a permanent move.

Gislson’s contract expires at the end of the season but the club has a clause to extend the contract by one year.

Comments

• Has he even made our first team bench yet?
  • It's nice to see the collaboration agreement working well. Maybe we'll get Morientes in exchange
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Has he even made our first team bench yet?
    Is he a carpenter?
  • The above article is credited to the fantastic Charlton website Addickted.net just to avoid any confusion
  • WSS - It can't be from Addickted.net - there are no smilies on it.
  • [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]WSS - It can't be from Addickted.net - there are no smilies on it.

What is wrong with you?
  • [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]What?

The silly comments about the site?

We run the site for the love of Charlton and for the love of all our fellow fans.

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but a bit of support wouldn't go amiss, I assume we are all Charlton?
  • Let's leave it eh guys.

We are all Charlton as NND says.
  • MCSMCS
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]Let's leave it eh guys.

Look he has come over all 'Afka Bartram' on us ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• "The silly comments about the site?"

But all my comments are silly whether I am on here netaddicks, or other. I find it hard to take these sites at all seriously. So if you are going to bite at my silly throw away comment then so be it. But now leave me a lone so I can be a bit silly elsewhere.

Cheers
  • [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]"The silly comments about the site?"

But all my comments are silly whether I am on here netaddicks, or other. I find it hard to take these sites at all seriously. So if you are going to bite at my silly throw away comment then so be it. But now leave me a lone so I can be a bit silly elsewhere.

Cheers

Sorry mate. I have now released my jaw - just replying to a few "anti-Charlton" threads on this forum at the same time and my reply has been fuelled collectively.

The "smilies" are in the standard forum software - and looking at the current state of the club and league position clicking them several times can sometimes help :):D;) :-) 8) :o ....
  • Lol

I make you right :-)