Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Takeover

edited April 2009 in Rumours
Two rumours that I heard today.
1. The Who are about to sell off their back catalogue and curbs' brother will become a very rich man and will buy the club for curbs to return.
2. Becks will buy the club.

Don't shoot the messenger.

If you were to ask me which one, I would say No. 1.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]
    2. Becks will buy the club.

Well, Becks would be a big improvement on the crap they serve up in the bars - but surely they would buy a German club?
  • Bill Gates will take over the club and inject £900 million....FACT.
  • twaddle,although some interesting faces in directors box today
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]twaddle,although some interesting faces in directors box today

Go on Steve, tell us more!
  • Lets just wait and see what happens in the next 6 weeks or so. Thats what i got told today anyway.
  • Lets just wait and see what happens in the next 6 weeks or so. Thats what i got told today anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]2. Becks will buy the club.

they got bought by inbev who then went on to buy anheuser-busch who already owned part of the o2 down the road.....hmmmm.
  • ecclestone,prince charles,bill gates, we are going to be the richest
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Lets just wait and see what happens in the next 6 weeks or so. Thats what i got told today anyway.
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Lets just wait and see what happens in the next 6 weeks or so. Thats what i got told today anyway.
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Lets just wait and see what happens in the next 6 weeks or so. Thats what i got told today anyway.

Must be 5 weeks by now!
  • so WSS do you think the next 6 weeks may be crucial at all?
  • should we wait a few weeks wss?
  • 6 weeks i have heard mentioned by quite a few today and i was not even there
  • All this talk about six weeks is nonsense. Complete speculation. Rumours and hearsay.

I'd give it about a month and a half.
  • I haven't heard the six weeks rumour, but someone did say give it 42 days.
  • Err ...... what's happening in 6 weeks then?

Anyone care to enlighten us, or do you just want to sit there all smug behind your keyboards?!
    ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• I have heard from a Nigerian banker that if I send him my financial details he will pay £50 million into my account. When that happens I intend to make a bid to buy Charlton and as I will have cash I expect this to all be completed within six weeks.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I have heard from a Nigerian banker that if I send him my financial details he will pay £50 million into my account. When that happens I intend to make a bid to buy Charlton and as I will have cash I expect this to all be completed within six weeks.
    Lol

This six week rumour is doing the rounds. I won't believe it until I have received the offer to buy my shares and the deal has gone unconditional.

What with the Zabeel deal going tits up at the time that people were talking about us in the same "league" as Man City, I ain't going to get carried away.

Manys the slip twixt cup and lip.....!!
  • No comment from Mr M, re new investors on wednesday. Maybe something in it, here's praying.
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]No comment from Mr M, re new investors on wednesday. Maybe something in it, here's praying.

Was he asked outright shirty ?
  • He was asked about new owners, and stated he could not comment at this time. Read into that what you will.
  • The Varney takeover will be done within the next 10-14 days.

I will not reveal my source (ever) but he/she has fed me 3 titbits in the past (Danny Murphy to sign - 4 days before he did, Darren Bent to Spurs - 20mins after the Liverpool game, Diawara off to Bordeaux - 20mins after the same Liverpool game, so his/her strike rate is 100%).

He/She is absolutely certain the new owners will be in before the Norwich game and that Parky will be gone immediateky after the same game.

If it doesn't happen.....don't shoot the messenger.
  • I don't think its quite as cut and dried as that yet mate i'm afraid.

Fingers crossed
  • It was mentioned today on the pink oboe list by a reliably unreliable poster that he had spoken today to a player (he named him but I wont in case it isn't true) who told him that a takeover would happen within the next 6 weeks and that the players have been told!

I don't know. I can believe that he spoke to a player, I am more sceptical that players have been given "official" information on something that is share price sensitive etc. It sounds more like the players have been given speculative information or maybe there is some aspirational chatter when nothing yet has been finalised.
  • Rumours are great!!!

I love rumours.........
  • For reasons I outlined at the time, I gave credence to this rumour from the start and am still optimistic something will happen. It may not be oil billions but hopefully the new input will bring with it enough to prevent a total fire sale this summer and to add the muscle required to get us out of tier three ...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!