Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Noodle bars in Greenwich

Advice needed please!

About 10-12 of us are looking to fill-up a bit at lunch before we get hammered at the work Christmas party tomorrow evening. So...can anyone recommend anywhere?

Ta very muchly!

Comments

• Options
    Can't remember the name- we ate at one in the centre of the roundabout where the Cutty Sark can be seen to the right as you come out of it- Plastic (menu containing) table cloth type but food was excellent!
  • Options
    Original and best noodle house in Greenwich is on the corner couple of doors along from the pie 'n mash which just shut down
  • Options
    Noodle Time, opposite bar de musee (sp?) is the best....back across the road, next door or so to bar du musee, is another 'buffet' place - can't remember it's name, but pay a set price (about six quid for lunch I think) and then eat all you can...probably better value...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Original and best noodle house in Greenwich is on the corner couple of doors along from the pie 'n mash which just shut down

i think thats called tai wan mein or something, isn't that the yellow one on the corner by the traffic lights.

stanmore. where is the round about in greenwich? or do you mean the actual market/one way system?
  • Options
    Tai wan mein (sp) is the original one, but it's also the worst (IMHO) - always smells of burnt grease in there...
  • Options
    only ever been in noodle time myself. which is fine. certainly not luxurious, but does the job for cheap and quick food.

personally would rather go to one of the many mexican restaurants in greenwich, but then chances are may stink of onion/pepper/garlic so prob not a good idea for an xmas party!
  • Options
    when is wagamamas coming to greenwich suzi?
  • Options
    when there is an available space that is big enough for a wagamama. had the plans for the coach and horses in the market, but it's too small.
  • Options
    Bring on Wagamamas in Greenwich please!!
    Never been in that noodle place opposite BdM - because I thought it was such a shame that the excellent Treasure of China was downgraded so much.
  • Options
    i'll be sure to let you know when it does.
    I do mention greenwich weekly in the property meetings
    anyone that lives/works in windsor/bournemouth let me know and i'll put you on the list for a preview invite. both restaurants opening soon!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thai won mein, for portion size..
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice - I'll pass it round the team!