Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Old April Fools wind up) GLASGOW RANGERS TO BUY CONTROLLING STAKE IN CHARLTON

12346»

Comments

• Options
    I thought it was a good one AFKA. I certainly believed it at the start, but decided by mid way that it seemed a wind up.

I thought it more plausible than Dowie being Assistant Manager at The Toon :-)
  • Options
    I was in on it Olls you missed later posts me and Weegie were gonna have a proper heated head to head but that was dashed at the last minute due to some finding it offensive

, I even told a fib to Oggster and i dont know if he will ever trust my whispers again.
  • Options
    My local paper published a story yesterday about how the historic old railway hotel on main street was going to close down after 120 years due to the recession. It's a great bar, genuinely like something from the wild west & it puts on bands most nights - with plenty of big names playing there each year. The story explained how they were laying people off, selling the furniture to creditors & cancelling all bookings.Even the mayor was quoted as being sad & that it was a sign of the times.

It was an April Fools joke - but nothing in the story lacked credibility due to the economic tough times we are going through & the fact that the place nearly did close down 2 years ago.

It fooled me but it was not funny. Too close to the bone & I know people working there who would have lost their jobs if it were true.

As soon as i saw Smudge's headlines on Rangers i knew it was a joke.
  • Options
    Fell fall it. Wasn't funny. But giood april fools. What you expect got me.

Long may it continue

Personnly believed this and not crown jewels
  • Options
    Nice wind up as far as I'm concerned. What's wrong with it? Nothing in my eyes. With all the doom and gloom around, it's brought a smile to my face.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I was in on it Olls you missed later posts me and Weegie were gonna have a proper heated head to head but that was dashed at the last minute due to some finding it offensive

, I even told a fib to Oggster and i dont know if he will ever trust my whispers again.

You did try, NLA - but I wasn't having it as my earlier posts in this thread prove.

;o)
  • Options
    makes me feel a little better oggs
  • Options
    edited January 2018
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

As Henry would say, it's not true until it appears on the OS.

Funny how it wasn't mentioned late last night or leaked this afternoon .........

At least Steve Brown won't be playing rugby at The Valley.

;o)

Christ, he’s been churning this line out for nearly 9 years now (probably more) time for some new material! :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oggy Red said:

As Henry would say, it's not true until it appears on the OS.

Funny how it wasn't mentioned late last night or leaked this afternoon .........

At least Steve Brown won't be playing rugby at The Valley.

;o)

Christ, he’s been churning this line out for nearly 9 years now (probably more) time for some new material! :wink:
    never
  • Options
    I notice that even in a spoof, Teflon Murray got to remain on the board !!!
  • Options
    I had a complete sense of humour failure on this one. I
  • Options

I notice that even in a spoof, Teflon Murray got to remain on the board !!!

Not the only scary coincidence

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Simpsons predict Trump, Bart predict Rangers.
  • Options
    Be careful what you wish for - or in this instance - what you spoof.

The world is a funny old place. For the benefit of the likes of Katrien, that's funny peculiar, not funny ha ha.
  • Options
    Too soon to rake all this up again.