Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(Old April Fools wind up) GLASGOW RANGERS TO BUY CONTROLLING STAKE IN CHARLTON

Comments

• wss its april fools day mate. ANyone who believes this is really more stupid than something really really stupid!!

Its not happening!! Rubbish wind up!
  • edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: All_Thaid_Up[/cite]
    Is it a ploy to get Rangers into the EPL? not sure how that would happen.

Effectively, yes from what i've been told. Was compared to HSBC having its main legal entity in Hong Kong, but its main operations in the UK. Nothing will change with Rangers in Scotland, other than they will devote lesser resources to it. Different footballing authorities so ownership rules can be got around, and on paper it will be just a name change to Charlton Athletic. But that's not what this is really about is it, its replacing a club in all but name.

Afka, completely agree with you, it is not the same as Zahbeel buying the club, they do not have another club.

It would start out as being Charlton but withing a couple of years the name would be changed - you can guarantee that!

Looks like we will have to set up AFC Charlton!!!!
  • Franchise FC mark 2.......

Sold us out.
  • edited April 2009
    Great news!

There is no team like the Glasgow Rangers!

Follow Follow!!
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]wss its april fools day mate. ANyone who believes this is really more stupid than something really really stupid!!

Its not happening!! Rubbish wind up!

Rumours being going around and even mentioned on here for months.
  • where, show me??
  • LOL!!

I guess this means i'll have to disown my mum's Irish side of the family!
  • I must admit that this sounds downright odd, and I am still looking to see if and when this is reported someone, anywhere, else...not that I don't trust Charlton Life, but one would think that this would cause significantly broader ripples than just on these pages...
  • charlton rangers...two words...f££k off
  • Right now i am well and truely fecked off, I have had enough of our club chasing the pound note, it summs up everything that i have been getting caned for, The club is rotten to the core, i have been intouch with a few Rangers fans down here and they were under the impression taht the only way to get into the EPL is to follow this mandate.

How much more before we start getting answers from the club, how many more times will the rug be sold out from under our feet.

I think anyone who thinks this is good idea seriously needs to consider the implications.

What will it take the blue kit taht i amire in Scotland is not the one that keeps me awake after poor performances it is the Red of Charlton and you can bet that the Kit will change colour over time and by the time we are re established in the prem we will be virtually Blue.

Now who will join my direct action request

Money grabbing Bstds
  • Sponsored links:

• April 1st
    Rangers are skint
    Excites the many Charlton bears (the gullible ones that is)
    It's still April 1st and Rangers are still skint!
  • edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]where, show me??
    [url[http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=24463&page=2#Item_39[/url]

See posts 70 and 72 on the above thread
  • im in north
  • APRIL FOOLS!
  • "I heard there were lots of Scottish people in the Directors Lounge on Saturday. Not sure why."

This was posted on the rumours thread on 3 March 2009
  • Well, one way to drum up more traffic for this site, on a quiet week.
  • It's obvious, isn't it? They were so impressed with Amdy Faye that they decided they wanted more where that came from...
  • if this is an April Fools, then very well done, but in the current climate perhaps a little too far.
  • HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 40 registered users, 4 phanton users and 18 guests!

this is hilarious!
  • Sponsored links:

• AFKA i seriously hope this isn't a wind up its not funny
  • BRE

gone down that line myself this morning, and i couldnt believe it myself however there are some people on here to be trusted with the info that is shared you should know that with the stuff that gets on here before any where else.

I have been in touch with some of those and they are people that i have known and trusted for an age,

I have also been in touch with people within the club and a member of the playing staff,

all have been briefed that they will be in a meeting later today about an issue that is about to break later today, The player is fuming i will add
  • As Henry would say, it's not true until it appears on the OS.

Funny how it wasn't mentioned late last night or leaked this afternoon .........

At least Steve Brown won't be playing rugby at The Valley.

;o)
  • still being on speaking terms with Andy Townsend I heard this a while back as Ally McCoist informed him of it. Apparently David and Richard Murray are also distantly related.
  • Any ideas how long it will take for an official comment to be made?

Apparently people from Sentana and Sky are outside the valley already.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite] Apparently David and Richard Murray are also distantly related.

I wondered about that but apparently not according to one of them when I last spoke to him. Can't say which one ; -)
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Any ideas how long it will take for an official comment to be made?

Apparently people from Sentana and Sky are outside the valley already.

When it is on the OS then it will be true. until then anything could go wrong and maybe even this leak will scare them off.

OS have to wait until the Club give the nod to release all the details on 3 April as AFKA says in the article.
  • Oggster

it is as true as the Zabeel rumour and i hope that it goes the same fecking way

the implications for Us as a club and English football are huge
  • edited April 2009
    In normal circumstances I like a joke as much as the next man.

However when the livelihoods of 25 people are hanging by thread this kind of wind up is in poor taste in my humble opinion.

If by some 1 in a million chance it is true then so much for the board members being "fans."

Filthy lucre has the loudest voice.
  • brilliant we could play alternate homes games at Ibrox.

FOLLOW FOLLOW :-))