Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Forum meeting Thursday 2nd April 2009

TELTEL
edited March 2009 in General Charlton
Guys, we have a lot on the agenda for this meeting already, but if you have anything you want "voiced" (within reason ;-) then post here or drop one of the FF members an email...they can be found at

www.charltonfansforum.co.uk

Or drop one of us a whisper....

Use us or lose us.....this is your chance to have a voice.

Comments

• what's already on the agenda Tel?
  • In no particular order.....Season ticket prices/sales including feedback from Dave Rudd's thread about what it will take to get Lifers to renew, Catering standards (had some really poor showings of late) promotion of the Fans Forum as too many people think its another supporters club group, Junior Reds, Shadowing key employees on match days ( to better understand on why things are done in a certain manner), disabled facilities in the South Stand, the possibility of offering fans a chance to relocate to the East (singers), retailing in the club shop, policy on how often we change the home and away kits, the format of the programme (it needs to be slimmer/cheaper or its demise will be quicker than we thought).
  • edited March 2009
    Can you add getting the names of the stands right so that significant people from the club's history aren't forgotten : - )

Otherwise all sounds good.
  • knew that would wind you up ....Im a tradionalist mate...I still think of us the valiants too ;-)
  • edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]knew that would wind you up ....Im a tradionalist mate...I still think of us the valiants too ;-)

Been its name since 1981 - that's traditional enough!
  • Catering

Teach the people on the till how to add up or be a little more pro active with teh type of people you hire a good understanding of English would also help

2 pints really does not come to £9.00 or £12.45
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Catering

Teach the people on the till how to add up or be a little more pro active with teh type of people you hire a good understanding of English would also help

2 pints really does not come to £9.00 or £12.45

the smell of the catering in the north lower is enough to make sure i never eat anything they sell!
  • Decent agenda there, and plenty of things to get your teeth into.

my view would be to take on 2-3 items that you see as key, and see them through with as professional and noticeable a job as you can. In the 'early days' you'll have more impact and recognition by making a difference on a couple of issues, rather than dipping a toe into 5-10 different things.

good luck
  • Tel,

Can you find out what's happening with McLeod's loan and who are paying his wages at the mo?
  • I can but ask, thanks for the input fellas....we are playing catch up on the agenda front unfortunately as people at the club have not been available in person, its a bone of contention with me personally and something which I will also address. I hasten to add that SW/SK always make themselves available....hence the slightly larger agenda.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's a clique i tell ya!

lol ;o)
  • edited March 2009
    I think the season ticket issue is the main one, as there will be decreasing opportunity for influence at this relatively late stage of the season. We do want the Club to consider some of the creative pricing and incentive suggestions that are coming in from all angles (including this site).
  • Good luck with it all.

I have to say the catering always interests me, because I havent eaten/ or would eat at football in years. It's a 2 hr window !!!!

However I feel the kit should be red and white and the dug outs shoul d be swaped around
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Can you add getting the names of the stands right so that significant people from the club's history aren't forgotten : - )

Otherwise all sounds good.

And dont get me started on the North West Quadrant (or the Curva Curbishley as it should be known). Bought the odd sausage roll pre game but have not eaten or gotten a drink at half time in at least 10 years. Too much hassle.
  • bump
  • I know most people will laugh, but what really does make me feel ill is the smell of meat (been veg for 29 years).
    How come we have to put up with the smell of dead animals, but can't find a little area so as we can have a cigarette.
    At the last home game (Preston) the smell even got to the meat-eaters around me.
    Block J, Row AA, Northstand upper.
  • I'm going to mention this :

[quote][cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]I know most people will laugh, but what really does make me feel ill is the smell of meat (been veg for 29 years).
    How come we have to put up with the smell of dead animals, but can't find a little area so as we can have a cigarette.
    At the last home game (Preston) the smell even got to the meat-eaters around me.
    Block J, Row AA, Northstand upper.[/quote]

At todays press conference !!
  • Check out todays date mate.....
  • Tel, thats why there the "!!".
    ;-)
  • :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Can I suggest a question about the "selling the crown jewels" thread?

I'm assuming that thread is genuine.
  • minor issue...bring up as an afterthought if you wish...but please get rid of that bloody fish, it haunts me!and quit playin that nonsense music before the game too...it is unnecessary
  • edited April 2009
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/default.ink
  • Terry

I'm not sure yet what to make of the 'crown jewels', but we are told that the properties will be leased back to the club at 'market rates". Well if, as it looks like, the directors have acquired the properties at below market price, then surely its only fair that the lease back to the club should be at a similar discount to the market rate. This matters, because the rental on the training ground will be a significant new expense, which arguably has been "paid for" by some of the recently announced redundancies.
  • Terry,

The agenda points look fine. I would like to know if there are any plans to introduce a VIP scheme again. Given that we seem to be back where we were in the late eighties/early 90's albeit with a relatively shiny new stadium and state of the art training facilities, compared to those days. Surely, despite the doom and gloom around the club at the moment, there is scope for re-energising the fan base in something positive for getting the club back on track? Given the Training Ground sale is going to raise £1M on it's own, and the original VIP scheme raised over £1M, wouldn't something like this be preferrable to selling off the crown jewels.? If there really is no option at this stage, then a scheme to help the club buy it back, might be in order.

I seem to remember that the old VIP scheme raised it's money in the depths of a recession.
  • I'd be up for another VIP type scheme on some basis or another.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]albeit with a relatively shiny new stadium and state of the art training facilities

not 'ours' for long though !!
  • ask about the glasgow charlton idea? :0
  • Points duly noted....thanks for your input, I'll ask the questions....
  • You can take the season ticket pricing off the agenda mow... ;-)