Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Some good news - our club is more than just a football team

Comments

• Actually, this is bloody good news and recognition of all the work that goes on behind the scenes in the Community trust.

Well done to all involved, thoroughly deserved.
  • Brilliant news.

When the slide started a lot of people had a pop at the club for concentrating on its community work. This is one in the eye for them, well done to the Community Trust.
  • edited March 2009
    Well done Charlton and especially Jason Morgan and Steve Waggott and all the other people like Matt Parish and Cathy who do so much but don't always get the recognition they deserve.

Good to see people like Paul Eliiot and Peter Varney heavily involved in the Trust as well these days.

It's separate funding that the Trust generates itself, not money coming out of the Club's coffers. It helps to raise our profile and builds relationships with lots of important partners and ultimately brings in extra income and helps defers some costs.

And ultimately it does a lot of good work for example with the knife crime initiative that I know Steve Sutherland was very involved in.

Well done all.
  • More than just a football team? I'm not sure we can say it is even a football team at the moment...;-)

Well done the Community Trust, and all involved.
  • edited March 2010
    Just noted this state visit of President Zuma from S A - he is off to visit Sainsburys in Greenwich today but also i have just seen this:

Later in the afternoon the President and Mrs Zuma will visit Wembley Stadium where they will be given presentations on the 2018 Team Bid, the work of Charlton Athletic Community Trust in South Africa, and the 1Goal Commitment. The President will also give a short press conference on the 2010 World Cup, and take a penalty on the pitch.
  • I thought the title of this thread was something about us setting up a sychronised diving outfit with the Ginger one on the high board !