Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kiely on Portsmouth, Luton and his opinion on Curbs to West Ham

Comments

• can you post it Medders, i don't have a login for icons
  • Hi Medders,

Any chance of a cut and paste of the article- it requires a login.

Ta
  • was jsut going to do that for those who dont have access... headline is i've been treated like a piece of meet.

With the January transfer window coming up I find myself in the really strange situation of wanting someone to come in for me and hoping Portsmouth don't stand in the way.

It's alien for me because I've never forced a situation or looked to leave a club before. But there's never been a situation before where I've been treated the way I feel Portsmouth have treated me. And that's like I'm just a piece of meat.

At all the other clubs I have played with I have been respected and so I'm finding this all very strange. I've never been on the end of a decision like the one at Portsmouth after all the hard work I had put in.

There's never been a situation before where I've been treated the way I feel Portsmouth have treated me.

I went to Portsmouth at a tough time for the club when they were struggling around the bottom of the table because I relished the challenge. I believe I played well and helped save them £20m because they didn't get relegated. Now it's like they see me as having done a job in the short term and then I can be discarded.

Wherever I have been in the past I have tried to make a contribution and I have never been content to just sit on the bench and pick up my money. I work really hard in training all week and then there is the objective of that match at the end of it. At Charlton for instance I felt I wasn't just a name, I felt they would look after me. That isn't the case with Portsmouth.

The chance to come to Luton on loan arrived at just the right time, with the transfer window just around the corner. It's been cracking here. I need to be playing and this was a great opportunity for me to get six games under my belt.

I'm really enjoying the spell here and the atmosphere at the club is great even if the results aren't all we want. The team is struggling a bit at the moment but for me it isn't a problem to arrive at a club in that situation. If I was weak or didn't want a challenge I wouldn't have done it. But you have to stand up and be counted.

We put in a great team performance to beat Preston the other week and it would have been nice to have built on that result. Unfortunately winning or losing is simply a habit and we just haven't got into the winning habit. We lost to Sunderland last weekend in a game we probably should have won and would have won with a bit more luck.

My loan period at Luton ends on December 23. Shortly after that the transfer window opens and I will have to see if any clubs come in for me. Portsmouth are the other factor in the equation and I just hope they don't make things difficult.

On a different subject it looks like my old gaffer Alan Curbishley is in line for the West Ham manager's job. With him being a local lad and a West Ham fan he seems like the natural candidate.

I think he would be a great breath of fresh air at Upton Park and I think he would really respond to the opportunity to do something at a big club like West Ham. There have always been questions about whether he could be successful at a big club, but whenever that is said anybody who knows Curbs will have a bit of a chuckle because we know what he's all about.

The way he did things at Charlton, where there was a difficult job to undertake, I think shows he can do a job at any Premiership side. He can get players playing and he has a lot of talent in the ranks at West Ham.
  • Thanks Curb_IT.... I would have pasted it, but it wouldnt let me....
  • Deano probably emailed it privately to Curb_it ;-)
  • Curb_It probably wrote it.....