Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football Manager 2010

Will it be out on xbox360/ps3?

Any one heard anything?

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: CAFCTilliDie[/cite]Will it be out on xbox360/ps3?

Any one heard anything?
    At the start of next season, towards the end of the calender year.
  • I believe Scoham whould be the best guy to ask about this. :)

2009 is pretty much still alive and till pre-season of the 2009/2010 season the game will be kept on the low i thinks release for the PC whould be around October Roughly.

Hopeing for just as good X-Box360/PS3 Release.
  • I read an article somewhere which said that it is not. I will try to dig it out.
  • Wondered if there was a thread on this, FM 2010 is out 30th October, so expect the demo sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Videos on the SI Youtube page

Blogs on the new features and improvements

Screenshots and the original annoucement on the SI website
  • Full version out today.

I've got it downloading.

The crappy free Sport magazine had a small piece of it this morning, saying "the title has been cited in around 35 divorce cases". With that much commitment to the game someone out there must've beaten my epic journey taking Kettering Town from the conference north to the Premiership.
  • Good effort Dabos, thats phenomonal.

If you're not already a FM fan then don't become one. Its so good that it can literally eat up every moment of spare time.
  • [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]Good effort Dabos, thats phenomonal.

If you're not already a FM fan then don't become one. Its so good that it can literally eat up every moment of spare time.

What I failed to mention was that in that Kettering game, I was sacked midway through my second season in the Premiership (about my 15th season overall) after a poor start. After everything I'd done for them... :'(
  • Had the last 2 versions on the PSP.
    I once threw the last game by picking 4 goalies to let Charlton beat me so they could stay up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is FM still compatible with Macs? Haven't bought the last couple as needed to get my life back, but could be tempted by FM2010.
  • yep fully compatible with macs.

completely incompatible with having a life.
  • If anyone is interested someone has used to editor to allow you to manage down to the 10th tier in English football. That's two tiers of County League football. There should also be a few people working on individual counties, it would be possible to add more Kent leagues to allow you to manage Charlton Athletic Community FC.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]Good effort Dabos, thats phenomonal.

What I failed to mention was that in that Kettering game, I was sacked midway through my second season in the Premiership (about my 15th season overall) after a poor start. After everything I'd done for them... :'(
    Should have done them for constructive dismissal...
  • The Mrs wants to go sleep and i have to turn it off :( But we are top of the league and McKenzie is a goal machine!
  • I saw it at Bromley FC on sale for £15. Tempting, I hope it's easier to play as Charlton than it was in last year!
    Charlton.jpg

?action=view&current=JonjoRangers.jpg
    Jonjo appears to be a smart kid. ;-)
  • Can you transfer your FM 2009 games to FM 2010, - I would hate to ahve to start all over again!
  • Kap10 - No you can't, what with it being different databases and whats not.

I'm finding this edition easier than the last few. Or it may just be because the tactics are now more accessible....it appears to be. Not sure of the new presentation either, still have to get used 2 finding where everything is.

Anyone want to put any good signings they've made so far? I got a kid called Hewson from Man United in on loan for 0% wages, he's doing well so far, 8 goals in 10 games. :)
  • First season as Charlton, pretty realistic - started well (kept it going longer than we have in real life though...) then struggled to score goals. With around 10 games to go starting to play a bit better but still need a good goalscorer up front. Never found one in the transfer window as we have no money to spend, and after the window couldn't even get anyone on loan because the board won't let us pay enough wages. Only got Tresor Kandol on loan from Leeds, just to have an alternative to Burton, someone up front who's decent in the air.

Takeover talks have started again, first rumoured and now it says Murray is in talks. Apparently a consortium led by businessman Yani Dimitrov - hopefully they have big money. Doesn't say anything about it being a tycoon though, so not sure how much hope there is.
  • Just posted that and the takeover has gone through. Charlton are now completely owned by Bulgarians and have been delisted from the stock exchange. First priority is to get the club back on a sound financial footing.

Apparently they want to replace me with former Barnsley and Huddersfield manager Andy Ritchie. Next up is Millwall away, maybe a win here is what I need to keep the job.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Just posted that and the takeover has gone through. Charlton are now completely owned by Bulgarians and have been delisted from the stock exchange. First priority is to get the club back on a sound financial footing.

Apparently they want to replace me with former Barnsley and Huddersfield manager Andy Ritchie. Next up is Millwall away, maybe a win here is what I need to keep the job.

wierd just shut down for the night on the saem game millwall away, bloody bizare, also got new chairmen but alas no money and still fuck loadsa debt, is jonjo awsume on your game?? he's very hot and cold on mine, made some good signings though, and am top clear by 7 points!! noticed that if i offered everyone in the squad new deals they asked for a hell of a lot less than they were currently being paid, help sort out a bit of a transfrew and excess wage budget to spend
  • He's doing well for me, 11 league goals and 11 league assists. Hasn't always played well but most of the team haven't. Who have you signed? I have literally only got Kandol on loan in January as back up.

The new board put about £5m into the club, but the bank loans and other debts are still there. They've just announced they want to keep me, have lifted the transfer embargo (the day after the loan and free windows closed...) but there's no money to spend at the moment. The new chairman 'intends on being around for a long time'. Hope they invest some money in the summer. Badly need a few decent strikers.
  • I signed Christian Vieri, Andy Van der Meyde, Ebi Smolarek, Djamel Belmadi and Mark Viduka. Safe to say it solved the Charlton problem of lack of firepower up front quite well :)

I think I know whos going to win league 1 this season :D
  • Probably the best version of the game I've played yet, presentation-wise but it seems too easy. Perhaps its because I'm playing as Spurs. Sitting pretty in 3rd place behind Man Utd and Chelsea only on goal difference with 7 games to play. Havent moved away from my customary 4-1-3-2 formation with a general attacking mentality and have won all but three times all season, losing twice and 1 draw.
  • Did you lose to Arsenal twice?
  • The new tactics editor is brilliant. I always found it very difficult to know what to do with the sliders in the individual player instructions, but all the player default options you can choose (eg. anchor man, deep lying playmaker, defensive midfielder etc) make it much simpler.

For my first game I started as Sunderland manager and Benty scored a hat-trick within 25 minutes of the first friendly. Awesome.

Anyone found any player gems?
  • dabos u cud do that on the last one, but dont think it had anchorman. so sounds like they added a couple more.

I still dunno whether to get it as it does get a bit addictive, last night i played 09 version first time in a while and was on it till 1am oops! i was charlton won the league in championship 1st time and was in october in second season and decided to give them ultimatum as really wanted to sign one player and didnt have enough funds, hence they sacked me and only job vacant after few weeks were oldham or rotherham(who were in blue square north), so just started for oldham who are 21st. drew my first game and won second although got some decent loanees :-)

so in a nutshell ppl is it worth getting please? if yes think my social life may be screwed on week nights lol
  • As you can see from my picture I'm managing Leeds on the 2009 version. I'm not very good at these games and got fed up with Charlton sacking me in October so took the easy option! Won league 1 in my first season, missed the playoffs the following season then a takeover came through which restricted me from buying anyone and they also considered replacing me with Steve McMahon! They upgraded the training & youth academies to become the best in the world. I won the championship, and therefore kept my job, in a season where the top 3 all had over 85 points! Stayed up in my first season, partly due to being given a £20m transfer fee kitty, sealing my safety at the end of April and I also took the vacant Paraguay job that season! I currently sitting 8th in the premiership in March and looking to reach my aim of mid table, the board expanded Eland Road to 55k over the summer. Hopefully I can break in to Europe next season as I fully expect to be given a war chest to blow on new players.

Charlton avoided getting relegated to div 4 on the last day of the season and look set to go down this season where they should face the current conference table toppers Bromley, with £650k record signing Scott Wagstaff, who I sold them after Charlton released him on a free!
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]dabos u cud do that on the last one, but dont think it had anchorman. so sounds like they added a couple more.

Loads more options in the new one mate, and for every position on the pitch. For your strikers there are 6/7 different options: poacher, target man, complete forward, defensive forward and a couple more I can't remember. And in each of those roles you can also drill down and choose even more in-depth options, eg. a target man who leads the line and uses brute force a la Heskey/Carew or one who just looks for flick-ons a la Crouchy I guess.
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    I still dunno whether to get it as it does get a bit addictive, last night i played 09 version first time in a while and was on it till 1am oops! i was charlton won the league in championship 1st time and was in october in second season and decided to give them ultimatum as really wanted to sign one player and didnt have enough funds, hence they sacked me and only job vacant after few weeks were oldham or rotherham(who were in blue square north), so just started for oldham who are 21st. drew my first game and won second although got some decent loanees :-)

so in a nutshell ppl is it worth getting please? if yes think my social life may be screwed on week nights lol

Has anyone ever made a successful ultimatum? I've always been sacked when I make one.
  • Finished 1st season. Promoted as Champions. Mckenzie is a goal machine. Played 4-4-1-1 all season Jonjo scored 22 goals. Got Lauren, Van De Meyde and Henry Camara on frees. Lauren good. VDM hot and cold and gets the hump doesn't turn up to training alot. Camara 17 goals and signed in Jan. If JJ gets injured play Racon in the hole and tell him to shoot on sight. Scores almost every game. Got some Chinese striker on loan from Man city at the end of the season because everyone got injured in the same game. Scored 8 in 5 games.