Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where have my St Paddy Day Jokes Gone??

Did I offend someone????

Comments

• Options
    probably- might have led to some outrage.

i thought they were quite funny myself.
  • Options
    ????
  • Options
    Can't upset the PC Brigade!
  • Options
    been sunk too. hope you got an explanatation mike.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Can't upset the PC Brigade!

hang on....

I didn't see the jokes, but surely if certain things can't be implied about certain nationalities, how can other nationalities be treated any differently? someone might have been offended, and with the recent debates in other threads, how can you pick and choose which are ok and which are not?

they were probably deleted because they could cause an argument between people on this website, and bearing in mind this is a football forum, it was probably best that it wasn't the main focus of the day's discussion. that said, it was paddy's day 2 days ago so you missed the boat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]been sunk too. hope you got an explanatation mike.

Yes, he did.
  • Options
    big sigh.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Can't upset the PC Brigade!

hang on....

I didn't see the jokes, but surely if certain things can't be implied about certain nationalities, how can other nationalities be treated any differently? someone might have been offended, and with the recent debates in other threads, how can you pick and choose which are ok and which are not?

they were probably deleted because they could cause an argument between people on this website, and bearing in mind this is a football forum, it was probably best that it wasn't the main focus of the day's discussion. that said, it was paddy's day 2 days ago so you missed the boat.

Hi Suzi/all,

I can confirm AFKA has explained to me his reasons and although I do not totally agree with it he moderates the site, I don't so it is out of my hands.
    However Suzi, two things you state do not make sense and they are "This is a Football Forum" and it was "Paddy's Day two days ago so I missed the boat"
    If this is a football forum why does the front page of the threads contain titles like: Fixing a washing machine, Antiques, Teaching methods, Grand National 2009, Kent County Cricket Club etc.

Also I accept that St Patricks Day was two days ago however I only received the joke this morning in my personal email and I thought by posting them on here in the desiginated "Joke Section" (Not Football related) it would lighten the mood, cheer a few people up and give us all a laugh however I apologise if it did offend anybody.
  • Options
    Hello, I meant that because the paddy/irish/british thing on this site, creates a certain amount of interest, and that it would probably stay up the top of the forum for a long time and descend into a row.

I agree, that any DIY related threads are also a waste of time (for me personally), but I don't choose to read them and i'm sure others do find them helpful, they usually sink naturally within an hour or so cos there's no great debate, just fellow fans asking for advice.
    The reason i say it was 2 days late and how that is an issue (I understand you only got it today and i'm sure everyone appreciates you cheering them up - it was probably more funny than another wouldya thread which have become completely unfunny), was because perhaps it would have been kept on there for a bit as it was the day, which is unfortunate for you, but as i don't know what was said, i can't comment!

I think because there was a racism thread a week or so ago there is heightened sensitivity, plus with the later thread about the mouriniho allegeldy punching a fan and the blatent racism, that wasn't even picked up on, it seems you can pick and choose individually what is right and wrong sadly. I think it was probably sunk to avoid another debate, and I'm sure it wasn't personal to you either!
  • Options
    I didn't see the jokes but I am offended and have contacted the Daily Mail.....