Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling United - Kent Senior Cup Finalists 2009

After an excellent 3-1 win last night over a unlucky Ramsgate side.

Will play Bromley or Whitstable in the final.

COME ON YOU WINGS

Comments

• Options
    over an unlucky Ramsgate side. Sorry
  • Options
    Any idea where the final will be played?
  • Options
    glad we never entered. Would have been humiliating losing to Ramsgate or Walderslade etc.
  • Options
    Bromley have an easy final then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]Any idea where the final will be played?

Have looked on several OS but none say.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Bromley have an easy final then.

Walkover
    [cite]Posted By: Afternoon Delight[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]Any idea where the final will be played?

Have looked on several OS but none say.

I think last year it was played at Bromley FC as that is where Cray Wndrs play their home games.
  • Options
    thought they played it at priestfield, failing that danson park
  • Options
    Speaking to Bromley's owner on Sunday he was less than impressed by their weekend hammering !
  • Options
    play it at Senegal Fields.
  • Options
    I heard that it was going to be played at the Valley as there's no football being played there these days.

Taxi for AA - and make it quick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Speaking to Bromley's owner on Sunday he was less than impressed by their weekend hammering !

yeah 4 - 1 at home to Braintree. Been all over the place but the team changes more often than one managed by Alan Pardew. Sure they have sold a player and bought him back in the same season.

Tell him I've been boycotting them all this season. Not going again till they start winning. Don't go to Bromley to see a team lose. I can do that at Charlton.
  • Options
    Crowd last year was 680 odd so hardly worth using a league ground although I guess it might bring some more people out especially Bromley v Welling at The Valley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Speaking to Bromley's owner on Sunday he was less than impressed by their weekend hammering !

yeah 4 - 1 at home to Braintree. Been all over the place but the team changes more often than one managed by Alan Pardew. Sure they have sold a player and bought him back in the same season.

Tell him I've been boycotting them all this season. Not going again till they start winning. Don't go to Bromley to see a team lose. I can do that at Charlton.

Jerry told me some really interesting stuff re how a number of Non League Clubs could go to the wall next season, any Financial mis-management will not incur Points deductions but outright instant relegation !
  • Options
    Saw Charlton lose the final of this very same competition at Sittingbourne FC (can't remember who we lost to) and win it against Gillingham at The Priestfield. Oh the glory of it all...............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Jerry told me some really interesting stuff re how a number of Non League Clubs could go to the wall next season, any Financial mis-management will not incur Points deductions but outright instant relegation !

How are Bromley financially. Heard they had bought the ground and were planning to spend some big money for that level then Goldberg left, then came back. All seems a bit muddled.
  • Options
    Hythe Town til' i die.....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Afternoon Delight[/cite]After an excellent 3-1 win last night over a unlucky Ramsgate side.

Will play Bromley or Whitstable in the final.

COME ON YOU WINGS[/quote]

Enjoyed the game, It was great that Welling showed respect to us and the competition by fielding a very good side and felt proud that we put up a fight and played with some passion.

Overall The Fitness, Experience and better quality came though in the second half and the pace and skill of certain players was too much to handle.

Must say congrats to The Wings for a deserved victory and wish them luck in the final. Bromley beat us in the semi final in 06 and went on to win it that season and 07 so do play well in this competition but imo Welling are in much better shape and think they will win.

Not counting Whitstable out tho they have a few ex-rams who love the challenge of being underdogs.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Hythe Town til' i die.....[/quote]

How's Mr Takaloo doing for Hythe Just Curious?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]glad we never entered. Would have been humiliating losing to Ramsgate or Walderslade etc.

Whose side would AddickRam have suported, though .......?

;o)
  • Options
    edited March 2009