Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stone Roses to tour again

Comments

• got 2 standing through ticketmaster and 2 seating through gigs and tours ( got the seating as a back up incase i couldnt get standing), will wack them on via go go nearer the time.
  • quality taking my 15 year old get in cant feckin wait

Mate, we're getting old. You with your kid, me hoping for a corporate box. Back in the day, the only thing we'd have worried about was how many pills we we're going to take.
  • Got 2, can't wait.
  • Didn't even get a sniff so if anyone has bought over and wants to get rid of 2 tickets (Doesn't matter where) Let me know and I will have them off you.
  • edited September 2016
    @Terry Naylor i possibly may have 2 spares as i bought over and no longer need, block 508 so its upper tier were £49.50 each fv just waiting on a mate getting back to me should know the availability after the weekend your more than welcome to them.
  • still selling on seetickets

Mate, we're getting old. You with your kid, me hoping for a corporate box. Back in the day, the only thing we'd have worried about was how many pills we we're going to take.
    I know mate going with the missus as well plus Denham his missus and his son. Can't wait

• Got 6 standing from Gigs & Tours after Ticketmaster, AXS & Eventim, all blew me out. Got them about 10.15
  • Sponsored links:

• fuck standing aint interested in being covered in piss paid £94 each for level 2
  • anyone know if these tickets are print at home or paper tickets sent out?,. paid a delivery fee and just got an email saying there print at home??..
  • Gigs and Tours are Special Delivery, you have to sign for, probably the week before the gig.

Ticketmaster, I think you had the option to print or to be posted.
  • anyone heading on saturday.
  • anyone heading on saturday.

Yeah. The Mrs started getting ready a couple of hours ago.

I kid you not, trying to decide what to wear etc.
  • Yep I'm going

Few drinkies round Liv St first, maybe a pit stop at Great Portland St
  • Yep, got level 2 seats.
  • Was going but once I saw the shit support acts (as usual with the Roses) we sold our tickets. Would rather spend the money elsewhere.
  • Yep. Looking forward to this, having seen the Dublin gig last year. Better support this time too. Quite like Blossoms. Seen Sleaford Mods a few times & just had a listen to G-O-D who open.

If anyone is interested in timings

6pm G-O-D
    6.35 Sleaford Mods
    7.30 Blossoms
    8.45 Stone Roses
    10.45 Close
  • Sponsored links:

• I know the Sleaford Mods have a few fans on here, but I thought they were awful at the O2 last year.
  • Likewise. Haven't been overly impressed any time I have seen them as support.
  • cheers @TelMc32 regarding timings.
  • I would have gone to this, but sadly I feel like the Stone Roses have mugged off their fans. Not one interview since their press conference in 2011. I suspect that these gigs will be their swansong, a last chance to grab a fist full of dollars.
  • I've seen them about 15 times, 3 since they reformed. They are by far and away my favourite band and I'm ashamed to say my eldest daughters first two proper words were 'Stone Roses'.

Sadly as a live act, predominantly due to browns singing, they aren't great!

Undoubtedly it's all been about the money, but then first time around they made almost none, no royalties on CD's wasn't it!!
  • cheers @TelMc32 regarding timings.

No worries mate. Got it from a colleague who is going on a corporate day. They were amazed when I turned it down...but I'd prefer to go, pay and enjoy myself!! :wink:
  • Anyone going to the pre or post parties? Pre on a boat and post at 229 the venue (near great Portland st)
  • Rob7Lee said:

I've seen them about 15 times, 3 since they reformed. They are by far and away my favourite band and I'm ashamed to say my eldest daughters first two proper words were 'Stone Roses'.

Undoubtedly it's all been about the money, but then first time around they made almost none, no royalties on CD's wasn't it!!

That is not entirely true, while they did get shafted for their first record. They got a huge advance from Geffen for The Second Coming.
    I have seen Stone Roses three times since they reformed, Heaton Park, Finsbury Park and Maddison Sq Gardens. No doubt people will have a good time, but it's nailed on the wall that they are just going through the motions.
  • PopIcon said:

Rob7Lee said:

I've seen them about 15 times, 3 since they reformed. They are by far and away my favourite band and I'm ashamed to say my eldest daughters first two proper words were 'Stone Roses'.

That is not entirely true, while they did get shafted for their first record. They got a huge advance from Geffen for The Second Coming.
    I have seen Stone Roses three times since they reformed, Heaton Park, Finsbury Park and Maddison Sq Gardens. No doubt people will have a good time, but it's nailed on the wall that they are just going through the motions.
    Yes their first record deal with Silvertone, 8 album one! not with Geffen, think the advance as £1m according to Squire, but the money was in their self titled album. 4 years between albums didn't help. I'm sure they made a few quid, but not much.

Went to the first two nights at Heaton park and then Finsbury Park, good memories.
  • Saw them at the city of Manchester for the first time. They were absolutely terrible, Ian Brown is a awful front man