Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

best player in the world

Comments

• Options
    Messi for me too.
    Ronaldo has scored 92 goals in 93 appearances for Real Madrid. Think it's fair to say he's very close to Messi.
  • Options
    Ronaldo must be pissed that he is in the same generation as Messi.....Ronaldo is pure class and is way ahead of every other player on the planet, bar Messi....

Although i don't think some lifers would have Messi in our team, he is way too short...
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Messi is good but solly would have him in his pocket and he would give up switch sides and then wiggy would be to quick for him,

Wiggy Would lay it to Holland, who would chip one up to yann who lays in a divine slide pass to Bwp who slots it home for the 3rd and final goal of cafc 3 barca 1
  • Options
    Messi best player in the world and will be for at least a good few years. Funny how Torres was suggested best player in the world at the start of this thread. 2009, he has really let himself go...
  • Options
    would go so far as to say Messi is the greatest to have ever lived. Or at least will be. Say what you like about legends of the past, but Messi has to play against world class defenders who are also world class athletes now. Different gravy.
  • Options
    And he never will unless we go to la liga
  • Options
    Iniesta

He's got everything in a defensive and attacking sense.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Yann Kermorgant
  • Options
    I've noticed that no one seems to have noticed Ronaldo's goal have dried up a bit this year, only 4 in 14 games, whilst Messi has 17 or 18 in 19 games.

It's taken him until he's 32 for the goals to dry up a bit.

There's still no player coming close to him or Messi, they both are in their 30's and don't need to play for too much longer!
    The question from me, who are the next best in the world players? Reeco and KAG are still some way off :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ronaldo > Messi
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

He is not as fast and dominant as he used to be, I gather he adapted his game to be more of a poacher but that's not working out!

I've always thought that Messi is the most gifted natural footballer of the two, but Ronaldo's incredible hard work and physique elevated him to just about the same level. As they get older, I am even more convinced that's true.

100% agree, Messi talent is all natural as Ronaldo put a lot of hard work in
  • Options
    Real Madrid being shit this year isn’t helping. The fella can’t carry them year after year.
  • Options
    Who are coming in to replace Ronaldo and Messi?

Suarez and Neymar are the obvious ones.

Hazard, Lukaku, Sanchez, Lemar, Mbappe, Griezmann, Coutinho? Cavani? Or has he had his day?
  • Options
    Ross said:

Hazard, Lukaku, Sanchez, Lemar, Mbappe, Griezmann, Coutinho? Cavani? Or has he had his day?

I'd not put any of those near either Messi or Ronaldo personally.
  • Options
    If you're talking about goals scored, surely Harry Kane must be rivalling these two. Overall player I would say Ronaldo.
  • Options
    Ross said:

Alex Willis
  • Options
    Red_James said:

JiMMy 85 said:

He is not as fast and dominant as he used to be, I gather he adapted his game to be more of a poacher but that's not working out!

I've always thought that Messi is the most gifted natural footballer of the two, but Ronaldo's incredible hard work and physique elevated him to just about the same level. As they get older, I am even more convinced that's true.

100% agree, Messi talent is all natural as Ronaldo put a lot of hard work in
    Which makes Ronaldo's carrer all the more impressive.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I've noticed that no one seems to have noticed Ronaldo's goal have dried up a bit this year, only 4 in 14 games, whilst Messi has 17 or 18 in 19 games.

It's taken him until he's 32 for the goals to dry up a bit.

There's still no player coming close to him or Messi, they both are in their 30's and don't need to play for too much longer!
    The question from me, who are the next best in the world players? Reeco and KAG are still some way off :wink:

Neymar and de Bruyne are probably the two that are standing out this season.

If he continues how he's going though then Mbappe will be unstoppable in 2-3 years time. Incredible to think that he's only just turned 19. The pace, power and close control he has reminds me of the Brazilian Ronaldo.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

:

And all of a sudden it seems Ronaldo has turned it around!

Ronaldo 39 in 36 appearances vs 36 goals in 44 for Messi.

*Edit*
    Both are all comps.
  • Options
    Ronaldo is the more complete player in my opinion. Both are amazing footballers though.
  • Options

Ronaldo is the more complete player in my opinion. Both are amazing footballers though.

I'd love to see an all stars team akin to PES.

Ronaldo on the right and Messi on the left of Ibrahimovic would dominate.
  • Options
    Am axing goal from Ronaldo last, genuinely said "oh my God" out loud when it hit the net. I think he's the second best player in the history of football, Messi still the greatest of all time for me.

I wonder if, in a few years, we'll look back and realise how lucky we were to be alive when these two were playing?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

:

*Edit*
    Both are all comps.
    Just the 445 goals in 430 games for Madrid now!!

When i was a kid i used to see stats of players like Pele, Puskas and Gerd Muller and wonder how they could be so prolific. But now i'm living in an era where 2 players who will comfortably both go down in history as amongst the top 5 ever, consistently set new goalscoring records.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

:

*Edit*
    Both are all comps.

When i was a kid i used to see stats of players like Pele, Puskas and Gerd Muller and wonder how they could be so prolific. But now i'm living in an era where 2 players who will comfortably both go down in history as amongst the top 5 ever, consistently set new goalscoring records.
    Having never seen Messi play in the flesh Ronaldo slightly edges it for me, his goalscoring is insane. As a footballer he has everything, strength, pace, brilliant in the air, an awesome ball striking technique

Messi is a joy to watch, there is a bees dick between them though and the sheer volume of times both have hit the back of the net is mind bending.

It still makes me chuckle thinking about him playing against us as a very young man and Kishishev and Stuart who were not dirty players having to kick him because he was too quick! Yes, he dived a lot but he also got kicked shitless week after week. Messi avoided the nastier stuff earlier on in his career in Spain, he would have torn every defender in the premier league a new arsehole if he had ever played here
  • Options
    Messi is a clear mountain stream flowing ethereally and unerringly to its destination.
    Ronaldo is one of those 'tic-tic-tic' sprinkler systems you see on garden lawns.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

:

*Edit*
    Both are all comps.

Having never seen Messi play in the flesh Ronaldo slightly edges it for me, his goalscoring is insane. As a footballer he has everything, strength, pace, brilliant in the air, an awesome ball striking technique

Messi is a joy to watch, there is a bees dick between them though and the sheer volume of times both have hit the back of the net is mind bending.

It still makes me chuckle thinking about him playing against us as a very young man and Kishishev and Stuart who were not dirty players having to kick him because he was too quick! Yes, he dived a lot but he also got kicked shitless week after week. Messi avoided the nastier stuff earlier on in his career in Spain, he would have torn every defender in the premier league a new arsehole if he had ever played here
    Nah, Messi would've been in Jonathan Spector's pocket
  • Options

Ronaldo is the supreme athlete, who at 33 is now a number 9 who conserves his energy and can score every type of goal including being a great header of the ball.
    Was it really 14 years ago that he tormented Kish and Stuart.
    The winking Adonis scored a goal of beauty last night that even had the Notts county look alikes applauding.

Messi is the little kid who asked to join in the kick about with the big lads and then runs rings around them for 15 minutes scores 10 goals and goes home for tea.
    Messimeric is a freak of nature,
    No henge body, has had sand kicked in his face on the beaches of Mar del Plata but is a genius and at 30 has years left to terrorise defenses.
    Ronaldo or Messi ?
    Waggy or Green ?
    Lennon or McCartney ?

Age old questions which will be asked till the ice caps melt and homo sapiens die out.

We are blessed to have seen the above perform.

Dunno... Harry Lennon isn't that bad yet George McCartney played Premier League Football...