Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

IF curbs does go will anyone be annoyed

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
That he is going to West Ham, a club that are two points above Charlton. We still have to play West Ham this year which will be a massive game and if curbs is the manager then I am going to feel slightly pi$$ed off by it.

I want to wish Curbs all possible success but to take over a club two points above Charlton and possibily ruin our chance of survival is hard to take.

Comments

• Options
    Curbs is in the past now GET OVER IT.
  • Options
    not really, its business. It will hurt if he keeps them up and we go down but good luck to him.
    im starting to want him back myself...
  • Options
    why?

He left by mutual consent, West Ham is his club. In his shoes I'd dive at the job. If he gets West Ham out of the shite then his CV will look pretty damn good.
  • Options
    I am over it, but an ex manager going to a club two points above you and keeping them up instead of us is not something we really want to see is it?
  • Options
    Curbs was prepared to see out his existing contract Charlton didn't want that so they mutually agreed to go their separate ways.

West Ham is probably Curbs' dream job which, out of loyalty to us, he turned down once. Now he is a free agent he has every right to take it. He didn't do a Murphy or Parker when he left us he left in a totally above board way.

It's sods law West Ham are also in the relegation zone with us but I certainly won't be bearing any grudges against Curbs when he masterminds their 1-0 victory at The Valley later in the season. It's just one of those bizarre coincidences you get in life.
  • Options
    "I am over it, but an ex manager going to a club two points above you and keeping them up instead of us is not something we really want to see is it?"

No Charlton fan wants to see it. But managering football clubs is curbs job - he is not emotionally tied to us like we the supporters. We just need to concentrate on keeping US up.
  • Options
    In my opinion he would be better taking over if they went down and got them back up rather than the added pressure of keeping them up.

Not sure if he could handle the abuse that the WHAM fans are likley to give him. He used to flip at little things us fans used to do!
  • Options
    At least when he gets a new job he may stop hovering around the commentators box at the Valley.
  • Options
    Agreed 1905. He's been standing in the wings like the Grim Reaper this season - in the nicest possible way of course.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]That he is going to West Ham, a club that are two points above Charlton. We still have to play West Ham this year which will be a massive game and if curbs is the manager then I am going to feel slightly pi$$ed off by it.

I want to wish Curbs all possible success but to take over a club two points above Charlton and possibily ruin our chance of survival is hard to take.

My personal view is that Curbs probably stayed a season too long but I think that most fans would accept that the time was right for him to go. He was always likely to go somewhere in the premiership and so we were always likely to play against a Curbs side.

If west ham stay up and we go down, I won't be thinking "if only Curbs had stayed" because I don't think we would be any better off if he had stayed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If his going turns out to be the end of our top-flight status, then I will be saddened that we couldn't carry on mixing it with the bog-boys, but happy that we did. Everything was so reliable for years that all this change all of a sudden immediately sets my mind off to hark back to "better" days and he helped provide many of them. However, Curbs cannot do anything for our club now and I won't ask anything more of him than a quick wave to acknowledge my round of applause when he returns with whatever team he comes to run.
  • Options
    If he doesn't go to WHU then it'll be Newcastle or a similar team struggling for points and he could by an irony be manager of a team that beats us to send us down.