Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich's red light district ?

Just how big is it, if five curbside prostitutes are missing already ?

The town's no bigger than say Maidstone or Gilllingham, yet its being portrayed like Amsterdam or Barcelona ?

Comments

• Options
    There's a nutter on the loose and I don't mean you.....
  • Options
    Rochester/Chatham has a well known red light district too, and that area is no bigger than Ipswich.....
  • Options
    I didnt know that medders, how did you?! ;-)
  • Options
    Where is it then ?
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    here's a map of the Medway Towns red light district, which is actually slightly bigger than Ipswich:

districts-medway.gif

The long-gone and not-missed Watermans Arms, which used to be opposite the Antigallican, used to be very proud that it had Peter Sutcliffe as one of its regulars.
  • Options
    Menders, I really thing you should divulge this information.

It just so happens I've got a 3 hour lunch break on my day realease at greenwich uni down in chatham this year.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Where is it then ?

Around Portman Road........ So Im told
  • Options
    The red light district is the strip (no pun) between Chatham and Rochester High Streets.... they also hang around New Road, Manor Road and the area around Sun Pier... all those are in a block of about half a mile.

Know they're there - you can spot them from a mile off when you drive or walk between Chatham and Rochester....

Red light map
  • Options
    I know where you mean now. Judging on what most of the locals look like in that area, I doubt many of the brasses are in the £1,000 an hour bracket....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I know where you mean now. Judging on what most of the locals look like in that area, I doubt many of the brasses are in the £1,000 an hour bracket....

as if you'd last an hour Ketters! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there a red-light disrict in Sidcup?.....lol
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    2 more bodies found now. poor girls and their families.
    proper nutter on the loose.
  • Options
    Is that 5 dead now?

Terrible. This guy could be as bad or worse than Sutcliffe was.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]here's a map of the Medway Towns red light district, which is actually slightly bigger than Ipswich:

districts-medway.gif

The long-gone and not-missed Watermans Arms, which used to be opposite the Antigallican, used to be very proud that it had Peter Sutcliffe as one of its regulars.

And the dirty old sea dog got caught nicking Knickers out of Macros.

Out of curiosity what's with Inspector Sands? Do you work for LUL, or install Alarms on the underground?