Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Team For Next Season

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
if we go down which I obviously hope we won't!

Randolph

Sankofa
Fortune
Gibbs
Ashton

Sam
Kishishev
Hughes
Ambrose

Lisbie
Walker

Subs:

Elliott
Basey
Thomas A
Arter
Gislasson

On the basis that we have no dosh and a certain amount of debt because of all the money Dowie had I'm assuming the "Bent money" and any other transfer receipts would go against debts.

A number of players are out of contract and I can't see us getting that much for anyone else other than Bent D.

Would this team keep us in the Championship or will we drop to league 1?

Comments

• i'm afraid that that team/squad IMO would be looking at the wrong end of the chumpionship table
  • Bloody Hell!!!

We're not even half way through the season.
  • do you think we will be able to keep hold of kish?
  • 6 of those players have considerable top flight and/or top level experience.

I think we'd be looking at the play offs IF it happened
  • you would be lucky to see 3 of those in the opening fixture, at most.

And we would be in a worse position than we are this year.
  • That team would get murdered week in week out. Where would te goals and creativity come from. Hopefully we could keep Myhre, Diawarra (who else will want him), Faye (who else will want him), Traore (who else will want him) Reid, Thomas.
    The team would then hopefully be more like

Myhre
    Sankofa
    Diawara
    Fortune
    Traore

Sam
    Walton
    Reid
    Thomas

Lisbie
    A.N. Other
  • Lisbie would not be our main striker (dunno who would be) but it wouldn't be him...
  • I only included him cos he's all we'd have left. We'd realistically have to go lower league or get people in on loan like Birmingham have done
  • Got to say that Len's team would go straight through the CC and into Div 1.
    Absolutely shocking line-up...
  • Bloody hell Len.

I think if you put that side out Welling's crowds would go up.

Bit early for this sort of thread isnt it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just trying to spark some debate and show how bad things COULD be!

I think Diawara, Traore Reid and Thomas would all find clubs even if only with the promoted teams. If Walton is as good as reported then a Premiership team would probably come in for him too although I must admit I forgot about him when coming up with my team.

I don't even know if we could keep Hughes, Kish and Fortune but we would need a blend of youth and experience and I suspect that they are all at the lower end of the wage scale.

Incredible as it might seem 7 of my side have played in the Premiership and Gibbs is a full international making 8 of the 11 with good experience.

I don't think my team is that far fetched when you bring economic realities into the equation. I'm not saying it is my team of choice in an ideal world. There is a difference!
  • it is far fetched len because we don't know the situation of anyone's contract, nor their wages, nor their character and how happy they are here, nor whether the current manager rates them, nor whether the next manager rates them.

Nor do we know if we are even bloomin going down yet !!!

But apart from that, spot on !! :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Nor do we know if we are even bloomin going down yet !!!

We're not going down AFKA, 8pts from the next 4/5 games I reckon. Two home wins & twos points from either Boro, Pool or Arsenal. You heard it here first!
  • New GoalKeeper
    New Right back
    Diawara
    Fortune
    Traore
    Sam
    Walton
    Reid
    Thomas
    Two new strikers