Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=18583&headline=Charlton
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=18585&headline=Charlton%20wait%20to%20decide%20on%20loan%20players

Budget still hasn't been decided so I doubt we've been showing players around The Valley or anything like that.

while that is true; i still expect parky to be on the phone to agents of players we're interested in. and inviting players to the valley to have a chat isn't unlikely; even if we can't offer them a contract right away. otherwise we might lose out on players while waiting for the board to set the budget.
    like the Dagnall situation, Parky has confirmed that is he interested and no doubt he has spoken to the player's agent.

this rumour is probably completely false, but i wouldn't be surprised if there was any truth to it. They are two players that i'm sure we would be interested in. Hoskins is a proven goalscorer at lower league level and while he probably wasn't quite ready for the step up to the championship; i think he could do a job at this level.... plus he's free and unlikely to be commanding a big wage.

and, of course, inviting players to the valley for a chat doesn't mean they're going to be signing up. players like this on free transfers will no doubt have several offers and will probably talk to a number of teams before making their mind up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Yeah Curbs did love a hungry player

Ironic then that it was Dowie who signed Andy Reid and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.
  • Options
    More Football rumours

Adebola is another who may be on his way out. He is looking to improve his first–team chances; and although Ipswich are interested, he may move to a team where he will play more football. Interested clubs include Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton, Swindon and MK Dons.

27 May 2010 12:28:44
    LEEDS UNITED have called a press conference for 16:30 BST this afternoon where there expected to announce the signings of ROB HULSE, NICK MONTGOMERY, JASON ROBERTS, ROBERT KOREN & NICKY BAILEY.

27 May 2010 16:12:49
    *** Charlton Athletic News ****

have it on good authority that Richard Wright, Sam Togwell, Jay Mceverley, Wil Hoskins, Richard Chaplow, Darren Carter and Chris Dagnall are all targets for the addicks. no contracts have been offered yet, as Parkinson waits to be given his wage budget for next season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]27 May 2010 12:28:44
    LEEDS UNITED have called a press conference for 16:30 BST this afternoon where there expected to announce the signings of ROB HULSE, NICK MONTGOMERY, JASON ROBERTS, ROBERT KOREN & NICKY BAILEY.

And in reality they signed none of them and got Kasper Schmeichel instead.
  • Options
    were did u hear the charlton athletic news
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]More Football rumours

27 May 2010 16:12:49
    *** Charlton Athletic News ****

have it on good authority that Richard Wright, Sam Togwell, Jay Mceverley, Wil Hoskins, Richard Chaplow, Darren Carter and Chris Dagnall are all targets for the addicks. no contracts have been offered yet, as Parkinson waits to be given his wage budget for next season

Be happy if we got mckeverly, hoskins and dagnal
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]27 May 2010 12:28:44

And in reality they signed none of them and got Kasper Schmeichel instead.

That's a cracking signing. Why didn't we go in for him. Parky out ;)
  • Options
    If Mkandawire were a free agent I'd have him in a heartbeat

Southampton keen on him too I believe

Where did you hear that we were keen on him?

I played golf with one of your scouts last week and when I mentioned I thought he was a good player he agreed and said he was on their radar
  • Options
    Richard chaplow would be a good signing, he's kind of a jonjo look alike to so if you turned up late and half cut you would think the prodical son had come home...
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Had a look on Google for Mkandawire contract, seems he is out of contract - http://leytonorient2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2196&start=0

Do think we'll have to sort out the budget soon if we're going to get the better players out of contract. That said we got Llera first and Richardson in the middle of pre-season, and Dailly late on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would be hard to find a better centre back pairing than Dailly and Mkandawire for this league but he's been linked with Millwall for a while I think.
  • Options
    Harry Pell signed for Bristol Rovers, a fellow League 1 club. Said it was a bad decision to release him at the time and I think one that will come back and bite us on the bum. Good luck though Harry.
  • Options
    Beckford to Everton apparently.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Harry Pell signed for Bristol Rovers, a fellow League 1 club. Said it was a bad decision to release him at the time and I think one that will come back and bite us on the bum. Good luck though Harry.
    Will look a strange decison if 2 or 3 of Bailey, Semedo and Racon leave and we don't replace them properly.

Going to be interesting to see what he does there. Yussuff ended up in League One last season and didn't do much, while Arter went non-league and is now a League One player.
  • Options
    we really should have held on to Arter. instead of releasing him, we should have send him out on loan to non-league team for a season.
    Doubt he'll be a first team regular for Bournemouth just yet, but I expect he'll see some action.

Harry Pell might also have been a mistake, but i think it might be a while until he's pushing for a first team place. he'll also need to go backwards before moving forwards.
  • Options
    I too was surprised at the release of Pell. Admittedly I never saw him play but he always got rave reviews
  • Options
    I will be chuffed if we sign Jackson, would prefer to see him left midfield, would be easeier to take if Reid does not come on board.
  • Options
    Great signing if true.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]I will be chuffed if we sign Jackson, would prefer to see him left midfield, would be easeier to take if Reid does not come on board.

Me too. Fingers crossed. CAn play in the middle too I think and he can take a free kick.

Jackson and Youga would be fun to watch. Jackson, Reid and Youga and Semedo would be great.

OK, back to reality :- (
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Jackson and Youga would be fun to watch.

I have a gut feeling we won't be seeing Youga again
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Jackson and Youga would be fun to watch.

I have a gut feeling we won't be seeing Youga again

is that from the injury being more serious or you feel he will move on?
  • Options
    Cos he's awol.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Me too. Fingers crossed. CAn play in the middle too I think and he can take a free kick.
    He is actually a central midfielder.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Me too. Fingers crossed. CAn play in the middle too I think and he can take a free kick.
    He is actually a central midfielder.

I thought as much. Semedo and Jackson would be nice but ££££££££ as ever.
  • Options
    Jackson and Youga would make a great combo down the left, it'd be like the Bailey/Youga combo only Jackson would be more naturally at home out wide. We do need a decent set piece taker as well.

I'm inclined to agree with AFKA though, I just get a feeling Youga's going to be added to the list of promising defenders we've seen retire through injury, whcih we can ill afford - both because he's a useful player and we could do with out writing off one of our assets. Anyone any idea what sort of insurance settlement the club might be entitled to if he did quit?

If we end up with Basey at left back next year (which wouldn't be so bad) we might need a more out and out winger infront of him because he can't overlap in the same way Youga did.

Perhaps play Jackson left back and Basey in front of him?

Of course, the Jackson signing may well be a non starter because of the old finances chesnut. I doubt he's on low wages having been at Notts County and is probably good enough to attract interest from better/richer teams than ours.
  • Options
    Jackson wants to come back to London doesn't he? Can't imagine any of the Championship London sides will be after him, I think we have a good chance as long as he doesn't want a big wage.

Is Youga's injury so bad he might retire? Has anyone actually heard anything?
  • Options
    from what i heard Youga got used to sitting about doing nothing and refused to play again for the season and peed off to france. dont think we'll be seeing him again.
  • Options
    Parky knows Jackson from his time at colchester doesn't he? so that and the fact he wants to come back to london must make us favourites to sign him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]from what i heard Youga got used to sitting about doing nothing and refused to play again for the season and peed off to france. dont think we'll be seeing him again.

Don't know which is right but I heard it differently.

Youga wasn't fully fit and didn't want to risk making his injury worse.

So while the Club wanted him to play (players are rarely 100% fit - see Burton and his hernia or Bailey and his neck) Youga, and his doctor, wanted to wait until he was 100% again.

Selfish in not thinking about what the Club who pay his wages needed or sensible for not putting a long term career at risk for a few games? Who's to say?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!