Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]The latest from Football Rumours

26 May 2010 21:36:52
    Had a chat with Charlton's boss Phil Parkinson and I asked him what players he's looking at signing. He mentioned Jay McEverley, Will Hoskins, Richard Chaplow and Richard Wright (if Darren Randolph leaves for Burnley)
    he also said he's going to fight tooth & nail to keep Nicky Bailey.

he will have a fight on his hands.

as for the whole 'had a chat with Phil Parkinson' - complete flannel! but would be happy if we managed to sign any of them
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/8186715.ORIENT__New_pair_in_so_what_now_for_Tam_/

One paper wondering whether Tamika Mkandawire will be off on a free, after Leyton Orient signed two defenders today. Mkandawire would be a great signing. Hopefully PP can start to build the team a bit earlier than last season.
  • Options
    I noticed that too , Millwall have tracked him before. If they get promoted then we may lose out.However , in the long term I still think we would be a better bet than the Lions as they are strong in that position and as a club in the long term we have more potential.

Centre Back alongside Dailly was in my opinion a weakness last year , Parky ideally said he wanted three but only got two in Llera and Sodje, both of whom could be on their way.Mkandawire was also the away player that impressed me the most last year.

If we had gone up I liked the idea of signing Elliot Ward but he has now joined Norwich so who else is available :

Gary Doherty
    Rui Marques
    Jon Fortune

All of these are 30 plus but could do a job in this league ,if Llera goes then I would like Matt Fry back on loan because a left footer gives different options.
  • Options
    People reading football rumours :-P

Someone on here create a rumour and send it in and see if it gets on there.
  • Options
    Naturally parasite pardew would be in the mix for anyone Parky fancied.
  • Options
    I know it's been posted and talked about a million times on here but with Kevin Phillips being released by Birmingham, I wonder if a player/coach role back in London might suit him this time round?
  • Options
    Why the devil not. He would still tear a new arse at this level. Sadly though I doubt very much we could afford him.
  • Options
    Phillips could be a great signing, but I think he's getting to that age now where he'd only be an impact sub most of the time. Good impact sub (better than Forster) but not a solution our on going first choice striker problem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]People reading football rumours :-P

Lloyd Sam has rejected a new contract with Charlton and is turning his back on football to pursue a career in music. Sam, who has become disillusioned with football, has been receiving tips and advice from his close friend Dizzy Rascal, who thinks he has a promising future in the up and coming UK grime scene, and is to sign a provisional contract with Dizzy's own Dirtee Stank label.
  • Options
    That's very good - has someone posted it yet? Be fun to see if it appears as FACT on the Norwich message boards
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Lloyd Sam has rejected a new contract with Charlton and is turning his back on football to pursue a career in music. Sam, who has become disillusioned with football, has been receiving tips and advice from his close friend Dizzy Rascal, who thinks he has a promising future in the up and coming UK grime scene, and is to sign a provisional contract with Dizzy's own Dirtee Stank label.

Surely it would need to be a pre-contract agreement? Don't think he's officially available on a Bosman until until the end of June?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]People reading football rumours :-P

Lloyd Sam has rejected a new contract with Charlton and is turning his back on football to pursue a career in music. Sam, who has become disillusioned with football, has been receiving tips and advice from his close friend Dizzy Rascal, who thinks he has a promising future in the up and coming UK grime scene, and is to sign a provisional contract with Dizzy's own Dirtee Stank label.

Inventor of grime, lord westwood of prapshire, was busy playing croquet, but his butler said that timothy was 'excited at the prospect of working with lloyd'.
  • Options
    The first 6 tracks of Lloyd's debut album are very good indeed, but it tails off towards the end as if Lloyd couldn't be bothered to finish the job off or simply got too tired.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]The first 6 tracks of Lloyd's debut album are very good indeed, but it tails off towards the end as if Lloyd couldn't be bothered to finish the job off or simply got too tired.

Already got his mind on that difficult second album.
  • Options
    well Parky has confirmed our interest in Chris Dagnall but says despite meeting the Board next years budget hasn't been agreed yet so he can't offer him anything at the moment.
  • Options
    He shares my birthday, I like him already.
  • Options
    sadly, think he has already decided on going to Scunthorpe.
  • Options
    Latest from football rumours:

27 May 2010 11:05:19
    – Charlton news –

I work at the Valley and this morning Will Hoskins and Richard Chaplow were being given a tour of the ground by Parky.

This person is adament that they are coming.
  • Options
    perhaps they were on a Kevin Nolan guided tour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know Chaplow as I have seen him playing for PNE a few times - I thought he was a great player and have seen him score a couple of cracking goals (he strikes me as a Bailey type player), but he seemed to fall out of favour at Deepdale and now most PNE fans want rid of him...not sure why. If there is anything to this I would be very pleased to have him!

Who is Will Hoskins though?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite] Who is Will Hoskins though?

Bob's brother.
  • Options
    I think he meant Bob Hoskins.
  • Options
    Hoskins scored a lot of goals for Rotherham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dJ0Wyfsfo0

But done little at Watford.
  • Options
    Cheers everyone.

Maybe we would be better with Bob!

...if he decides to take a break from doing voice-overs for shyte adverts, that is...
  • Options
    If Mkandawire were a free agent I'd have him in a heartbeat

Southampton keen on him too I believe

Where did you hear that we were keen on him?
  • Options
    Hoskins is the kind of player i'm expeting us to get. Someone who's done well in the past but has struggled of late and is perhaps hungry to get back into form. Mkandwire would be a great signing but don't think we'll have the money to get him. Richard Chaplow would also be decent enough but again finances may play a part.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite] Someone who's done well in the past but has struggled of late and is perhaps hungry to get back into form.

A Curbs type signing you mean? Can he play in 5 different positions? If he can, p'raps we will sign him.
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]I know Chaplow as I have seen him playing for PNE a few times - I thought he was a great player and have seen him score a couple of cracking goals (he strikes me as a Bailey type player), but he seemed to fall out of favour at Deepdale and now most PNE fans want rid of him...not sure why. If there is anything to this I would be very pleased to have him!

Think Chaplow was very highly rated as a youngster, didn't West Brom pay a decent sum for him once upon a time? Think he was originally a winger but he's never quite lived up to early career hype, whilst still having a soild career. Think he'd be a good signing in League 1 and one who could hold his own if we got promoted, plus we've an opening for a bald midfielder now Jonjo has gone. Sign him up I say.
  • Options
    It would definitely be a coup for a League 1 side to sign Chaplow.

Not convinced about Hoskins, though. Most of his goals came from route one stuff and it wouldn't bode well for our style of football if we signed the likes of him. Watford fans are citing this as the reason why he didn't do so well with them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Someone who's done well in the past but has struggled of late and is perhaps hungry to get back into form.

A Curbs type signing you mean? Can he play in 5 different positions? If he can, p'raps we will sign him.

Yeah Curbs did love a hungry player but I think Parky will focus on players who fit a particular role. Just mentioning Curbs has me all teary eyed ;0)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!