Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Keeping Semedo is more important than keeping Bailey IMO

Goalscoring midfielders are easier to replace than Hardworking, versatile and improving players.
  • I see that Sam Sodje, Deon Burton & Lloyd Sam are being advertised as new additions to the free agents section on the Pfa Transfer list website.
  • blackpool release hameur bouazza. if blackpool could afford his wages surley we could
  • We need to get Mooney at least until we play Man United (eg in the cup) because I've written a brilliant chant for him. "You've got Wayne Rooney, We've got Dave Mooney."
  • [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]We need to get Mooney at least until we play Man United (eg in the cup) because I've written a brilliant chant for him. "You've got Wayne Rooney, We've got Dave Mooney."

jeez how did you think of that ? ;0)
  • [cite]Posted By: oldbloke[/cite]I see that Sam Sodje, Deon Burton & Lloyd Sam are being advertised as new additions to the free agents section on the Pfa Transfer list website.

Does anyone else remember when Dicko asked to be transfer listed? Parkinson said a number of times that no such list actually existed, ad yet thee one with, and you can even make online enquiries.
  • Just checked the fans views on CAFC.co.uk and someone recommends we go for Robert Pires as he has just been released by Villareal

Really .......where do these people come from?

Can I have some of whatever they are drinking
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Just checked the fans views on CAFC.co.uk and someone recommends we go for Robert Pires as he has just been released by Villareal

Really .......where do these people come from?

Can I have some of whatever they are drinking

Football Manager.
  • [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]Charlton get a few mentions in relation to Michael Bostwick, Stevenage Borough

Stevenage.

(Thought I'd get in before some other pedant does.)
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Keeping Semedo is more important than keeping Bailey IMO

Goalscoring midfielders are easier to replace than Hardworking, versatile and improving players.

Yeah, ten-a-penny goalscoring mids. Maybe Lampard would come and have a game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Phil chappel and our crack team of scouts will be hard at work in south africa during the world cup.... selling boo boo zala's..
  • Parky Interview:
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=18351&headline=Phil
  • Latest from Football Rumours :

26 May 2010 11:12:22
    'Have 2 BIG BIG sources within Charlton Athletic and can confirm the addicks have agreed a fee of 300k for Southend Captain and centre half Simon Francis. Tamika Mkandawire (spelling) will also come in at the back further to his release from Orient despite an impressive season namely his mom performance in a 1–0 victory at the Valley. Also Joe Anyinsah will join on a free. The Carlisle left winger has stated his desire to come back south and Charlton will fill that position further to Kyel Reid's loan expiry. Stuart Fleetwood will join Gillingham for a minimal fee and Miguel LLera is touted as a 200k target for newcomers Bournemouth. Nicky Bailey is not going anywhere and will captain the side next season .'

'Albert Adomah will leave Barnet and heard to either Blackpool, or more likely Norwich City or Charlton Athletic on a free transfer'
  • Would be very impressed with those 2 centre backs if it came off.
  • we wont be paying anything near 300k for anyone
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: dmjn[/cite]blackpool release hameur bouazza. if blackpool could afford his wages surley we could[/quote]
    Given that he activated a clause in his loan that allowed him to leave us for Birmingham when he was supposed to be with us for a season; I'd not see him as being a desireable character. I'd understand why he might want to leave a sinking ship to join a team in the ascendancy, but the manner of it leaves a bitter taste. As the kind of player who was very much in and out of games, he's maybe the kind of luxury we'd not want.
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]
    Does anyone else remember when Dicko asked to be transfer listed? Parkinson said a number of times that no such list actually existed, ad yet thee one with, and you can even make online enquiries.
    WAT?
    A list of out of contract players isn't really a transfer list because they're not "available for transfer". They're free agets
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]we wont be paying anything near 300k for anyone

Well, certainly can't see how we'd be paying that sort of money AND keep Bailey. The free transfers all sound more than plausible though. Also, where are Bournemouth getting money from? I thought they were even more broke than us?

[cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dmjn[/cite]blackpool release hameur bouazza. if blackpool could afford his wages surley we could
    Given that he activated a clause in his loan that allowed him to leave us for Birmingham when he was supposed to be with us for a season; I'd not see him as being a desireable character. I'd understand why he might want to leave a sinking ship to join a team in the ascendancy, but the manner of it leaves a bitter taste. As the kind of player who was very much in and out of games, he's maybe the kind of luxury we'd not want.

Bouazza is about as far away from a Parky's type of player as it's possible to be. Plus he was rubbish most of the time, no way we'll be looking to get him back even if we can afford him.
  • if you look oin that free agent site Ben Burgess is available as is Lee Carsley both would add to the team
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Mullins would surely be so far out of our budgetary constraints.
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Mullins was playing pretty reguarly in the Prem last year - he'd get a deal at a Championship club without too much trouble I would think. Anyway, I'd rather we spent money on hanging onto Semedo who is improving and in his mid 20s, Mullins will only go down hill from here in even if he's still a decent player.

As for the Bailey rumours, I'd be very happy with 900k. At £1.5m he'd be overpriced by quite an amount imo - in todays market (and from our bargaining position) £750K would represent fairly decent business especially if a few add ons or a loan in return were thrown in.

Whilst it's a crappy situation to be talking about departures more thn incomings, I do find a small amount of solace in the fact that (with 2 notable exceptions) anyone that leaves will go with my best wishes having all tried hard for the club this year.

Whoooosh, it was a joke...
    we've been linked with him every window for the last i don't know how many years
  • Sponsored links:

• bailey to liecester
    sam to sheff utd
    llera to san roque de lepe

don't shoot the messenger (chinese whisperer)
  • If Mkandawire were a free agent I'd have him in a heartbeat

Southampton keen on him too I believe
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]llera to san roque de lepe

that's a very interesting and very left-field rumour! Fits in with being a club from Andalucía (Llera is from Seville) but is a very very small third tier (which in Spain is regionalised) club Llera's level? Be interested to know the source of your whisper and don't say china!
  • Rocky Leper? Bit harsh.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]

that's a very interesting and very left-field rumour! Fits in with being a club from Andalucía (Llera is from Seville) but is a very small third tier (which in Spain is regionalised) club Llera's level? Be interested to know the source of your whisper and don't say china!

Isn't Lepe used as the town where everybody is slightly "unusual" in spanish comedy. e.g. there was this bloke from Lepe......
  • The latest from Football Rumours

26 May 2010 21:36:52
    Had a chat with Charlton's boss Phil Parkinson and I asked him what players he's looking at signing. He mentioned Jay McEverley, Will Hoskins, Richard Chaplow and Richard Wright (if Darren Randolph leaves for Burnley)
    he also said he's going to fight tooth & nail to keep Nicky Bailey.
  • [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]llera to san roque de lepe

that's a very interesting and very left-field rumour! Fits in with being a club from Andalucía (Llera is from Seville) but is a very small third tier (which in Spain is regionalised) club Llera's level? Be interested to know the source of your whisper and don't say china!

Isn't Lepe used as the town where everybody is slightly "unusual" in spanish comedy. e.g. there was this bloke from Lepe......

So its a bit like millwall then ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]

indeed it is, chistes de Lepe and all that... Llera would fit in well!
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]The latest from Football Rumours

Had a chat with Charlton's boss Phil Parkinson and I asked him what players he's looking at signing. He mentioned Jay McEverley, Will Hoskins, Richard Chaplow and Richard Wright (if Darren Randolph leaves for Burnley)

Dont fancy his chances of having teeth next season then or nails come to think of it.
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]The latest from Football Rumours

Dont fancy his chances of having teeth next season then or nails come to think of it.

LOL. No the comparison with Millwall aint quite right, there is almost an anti hero status with Lepe. One of the jokes I manaaged to understand was about a Lepe guy whose todger was so big, that several birds could perch on it!!! I don't think the 'Wall are renowned for keeping birds are they?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!