Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

LATEST POLL: You're current views on the managerial situation - vote now

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
In light of performances since the appointment of Reed, and the recent sacking of Alan Pardew, what is your current view of our managerial situation

Comments

• To be honest I think it's some of 2 and some of 3. Reed is a decent bloke and a good coach but he's not a manager and imo doesn't have what it takes to get us out of trouble. I see little point in waiting till January. Get Pardew in now so that he has time to look at the squad before the window opens. Hopefully Reed will want to stay on as coach and can work with AP.
  • I'd give him 10 games in the job, which should take him just into the new year and the start of the transfer window.

I know it sounds incredibly harsh only 10 games. But this is exceptional circumstances, we're effectively giving a fella a job he has never done before. If after 10 games everyone is happy, and we are seeing signs of a pick up, and importantly he looks suited to the job, then stay with it. If its not, then get rid sharp, because a new man then be given a good few months in the job to either work a miracle, or plan effectively for next season.

At the moment, although early days, he just doesn't look suited to the job though
  • I don't know, somehow I can't see Murray doing a u-turn on his support for Reed, especially after all the stuff about stability and continuity after Dowie's departure.
  • Not sure how likely Pardew is to want the job, but i would prefer him to come in over Reed- im not convinced by any of our performances under him or some of his decisions, not turning up at sheffield was a disgrace. I doubt Murray would ever swallow his pride and go for Pardew anyway though, so we may be stuck either way.

Having said that has Reed signed a contract yet? I';ve been told he hasn't.
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]I don't know, somehow I can't see Murray doing a u-turn on his support for Reed, especially after all the stuff about stability and continuity after Dowie's departure.

As said last week, its been suggested by a many of inside people that our first choice wasn't available this summer. Now if that wasn't Pardew then, then nothing has changed. If it was however....
  • decent backing for Pardew so far.

Interestng a few snippets coming out overnight that he may of lost the dressing room....

Keep voting guys.
  • He lost that petulant son of a bitch reo coker, and he must have sway in that dressing room! I had a little look on KUMB dot com, and 99% of em are gutted and shocked they got rid of Pards so soon after the new regime! They all seem to be blaming the players bar ashton tevez and mullins!
  • from the bit i have heard, Mullins played a part as well, along with Reo Cocker.
  • I might be wrong re mullins, was just repeating what a kumb member was sayin! Maybe it was tevez ashton and anton ferdi! I will look later, but its one other!

They mostly hate konch too! They sussed him out! lol
  • Just can't see the board, changing again so soon

Then again, I couldn't see Dowie going as quick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pardew - F**k Off. He couldn't do a Job with Better Players than we Have.
  • Reed does nothing for me, a good coach does not always a great manager make - i would love Pardew as the new boss - unfurtunately i doubt it will happen, we've had our managerial excitement for this decade
  • Interesting to see from the results so far that the one thing people think shouldn't happen is replace Les at the start of the transfer window.

Either strike now, or give him the whole season are neck and neck if you haven't voted yet.
  • I voted to keep him till the start of the window but I don't really mean it. I just felt guilty as that was the one that started Reed is a nice enough bloke!