Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans playing for the first team

Rob Elliots recent run in the first team got me thinking about other players that were also fans.
Here's a few that I know of : Brian Kinsey, Keith Peacock, Gordon Watson
Anyone know of anymore?

Comments

• Options
    is chris powell a spurs fan? I reckon he was a Charlton fan by the time he finished..!
  • Options
    Peter Reeves.
  • Options
    I played for the youth team a couple of times.

Proudest games of my career
  • Options
    Derek Ufton.
  • Options
    Jimmy Muir
  • Options
    Paolo Di Canio
    ;o)
  • Options
    Billy Bonds was a fan I was told.
  • Options
    Barry Little
    Mark Penfold
    Kevin Smith
  • Options
    Paul Elliott? born in Lewisham - trustee of CACT? I dont know, but perhaps?
  • Options
    What about Basey?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scott Wagstaff said none of the other young players are fans but I'd guess Basey is very much a "Charlton boy" if not a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    Graham Tutt, Paul Walsh (abbey Wood lad)
  • Options
    powelly is still a Spud
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]Graham Tutt, Paul Walsh (abbey Wood lad)

Can't believe Paul Walsh is, from what he says about us on the telly.
  • Options
    Christiano Ronaldo gave up not giving a flying fork about Man U, as did Eric Cantona. I can't believe that Marradona's thought's often turned to Napoli as a boy, or Dalglish's to Liverpool or Henry's to Arsenal. Fans of big rivals such as McGrain, Scholes, Gerrard and Fowler have managed to become genuine legends at the clubs that they play for. My conclusion is that being a former fan has no bearing on footballer performance.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]Graham Tutt, Paul Walsh (abbey Wood lad)[/quote]

Can't believe Paul Walsh is, from what he says about us on the telly.[/quote]

Paul Walsh is a gooner.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Scott Wagstaff said none of the other young players are fans but I'd guess Basey is very much a "Charlton boy" if not a Charlton fan.

None of the others apart from himself, or did you mean Basey?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Scott Wagstaff said none of the other young players are fans but I'd guess Basey is very much a "Charlton boy" if not a Charlton fan.

None of the others apart from himself, or did you mean Basey?

None of the others apart from Robbie "I'm proud to be sponsored by Bromley Addicks; it was their backing that made it all possible" Elliot.

Should have made it clearer in the first post
  • Options
    Mr Bartram, can we sponsor Mr Elliot next year, along with Mr Shelvey? thats of course if its being done next year.
  • Options
    Charlie MacDonald is a Charlton fan. And so was his father, Charlie and his grand-father, Charlie. I suspect his son, Charlie, is likely to grow up a Charlton fan, too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's the name again .... ?
  • Options
    and his sister Charlie.........
  • Options
    paul walsh is a wanka the only time i will ever say FACT and mean it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]paul walsh is a wanka the only time i will ever say FACT and mean it

Paul Walsh certainly aint no Addick...in fact I've always been very dissapointed in his lack of interest or empathy towards us the club since the moment he left...I've no idea why but it's certainly been very apparent over the years.
  • Options
    John Salako. Know him quite well (live near Reading). Boyhood fan.
  • Options
    Sam Sodje is cause he was brought up in Greenwich and has told me so.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SteveR[/cite]John Salako. Know him quite well (live near Reading). Boyhood fan.

One fan you don't want. I always thought Salako was the Amdy Faye/Ralf Milne of his day.
  • Options
    To be fair, after being slowed by career threatening injuries, Salako was way past his prime when he came to us.
  • Options
    What Oggy said.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SteveR[/cite]John Salako. Know him quite well (live near Reading). Boyhood fan.

Does that also mean his brother Andy was a fan as well