Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Local" Non-League.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I was over there for Bromley, Maidstone, Millwall friendlies
    Thought they played better the more games they played.
    How's the No4 getting on Corne? Bloke with the ponytail.
    He stood out against Millwall.
  • Options
    FFS, last minute pen for Bishops Storford. Welling losing 2 1
  • Options
    Worth following Kentish football on Twitter or kentishfootball.co.uk very good coverage of non league football at all levels.
  • Options
    Up here in Northamptonshire Kettering have a nice little display in the shopping centre, pride of place is a programme playing at Charlton in the cup in 89, pat of the back if you was there and can remember the score, (without looking)
  • Options

Up here in Northamptonshire Kettering have a nice little display in the shopping centre, pride of place is a programme playing at Charlton in the cup in 89, pat of the back if you was there and can remember the score, (without looking)

Think we beat them 2-1 at selhurst.
  • Options
    Gordon Watson scored.
  • Options
    I went to this. The crowd was given as 16,001 and they said that Kettering brought 8,000.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Gordon Watson scored.

Incorrect
  • Options
    I think Robert Lee got both.
  • Options
    Halifax top of National league North. Come on you Shaymen!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good work gents, despite going to games throughout this period I would have been fairly young, and always feel online checking is cheating.
  • Options
    Over Welling today, and as I suggested, Corne has moved on to Braintree (Jamie Day as manager).
    Real coup for him as I see him as being more than capable of a league position.
  • Options

Over Welling today, and as I suggested, Corne has moved on to Braintree (Jamie Day as manager).
    Real coup for him as I see him as being more than capable of a league position.

Read that they were awful again, how bad were they?
  • Options
    Not that bad to be fair. Hit the crossbar at the start with a great save by their keeper.
    Give away a pointless penalty, which seems to be the norm.
    Hit the bar again in the second half.
    Two centre backs look solid, but a team in progression would be my conclusion.
    A draw would have been a fair result.
    A few proper idiots who sit in the home seats though. Think they are paying to watch premiership league quality.
    Onwards and upwards
  • Options
    Dulwich had a stinker, lost 4-2 at home to Leiston in an awful match.
  • Options

Not that bad to be fair. Hit the crossbar at the start with a great save by their keeper.
    Give away a pointless penalty, which seems to be the norm.
    Hit the bar again in the second half.
    Two centre backs look solid, but a team in progression would be my conclusion.
    A draw would have been a fair result.
    A few proper idiots who sit in the home seats though. Think they are paying to watch premiership league quality.
    Onwards and upwards

Cheers, you do get some proper helmets in the seats there.
  • Options
    FA Cup Preliminary Round today. Went along to Greenwich Borough v Walton & Hersham, who have a great cup pedigree including a 4-0 win at Brighton in the 70's, when none other than Brian Clough was the Seagulls manager.

Greenwich have moved back to a ground close to their former home at Sutcliffe Park, with a 30 year lease and become the senior club in a ground share with Cray Valley PM at Badgers Sports Ground in Middle Park Avenue. A nice little ground and Good to see them back.

A strong wind spoilt the game, in which the overall quality was below average and a replay is required after a 1-1 draw. Ex football league pros Gary Alexander (Player Manager) & Peter Sweeney (Millwall, Stoke City, AFC Wimbledon) dominated the game from Central Midfield, but Greenwich wasted a number good opportunities through poor finishing or a poor final pass. Walton got lucky with their equaliser when a free kick from the edge of the box went in off the back of their own player ducking at the end of the wall.

• Options
    Went to South Park (Reigate) to see Phoenix lose 2-0 in FA Cup, wind was howling and a proper shit game.
  • Options
    Greenwich Borough owner passed away at weekend not sure how this will affect them, he was pumping a lot of bucks in.
  • Options
    Went to Tonbridge Angels vs Harrow Borough last night. One nil home win. Bitten by midges. Otherwise a good game. New tea hut this season which, sadly, no longer does halloumi burgers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016

Went to Tonbridge Angels vs Harrow Borough last night. One nil home win. Bitten by midges. Otherwise a good game. New tea hut this season which, sadly, no longer does halloumi burgers.

Hollands and Blair have a decent tea hut. Shall I superimpose your head on my shoulders to add to the collection?!
  • Options

Hollands and Blair have a decent tea hut. Shall I superimpose your head on my shoulders to add to the collection?!
    Its ok with your pic if you don't mind being in the 'non league tea huts calendar 2017'. It's only going to a few relatives and friends as Xmas gifts.
  • Options

Its ok with your pic if you don't mind being in the 'non league tea huts calendar 2017'. It's only going to a few relatives and friends as Xmas gifts.
    Bearing in ming I'm no page 7 fella.
  • Options
    Great goal from Thamesmead... Reminds of our match at Yeovil a few years ago (Just with rain missing)

https://t.co/TQkosmunmu
  • Options

It's good to have a different 'model' rather than just various combinations of me, Dn and Kathryn!
  • Options
    Got along to Greenwich Borough v Sittingbourne for the Bank Holiday fixture today. No namby-pamby "we can't possibly play two league games in three days" in the non-leagues.

Sittingbourne hit Greenwich with a three goal blitz in the opening twenty minutes and were comfortable winners. Greenwich got one back midway through the second half and had the better of the play after half-time, but left themselves too much to do.
  • Options
    Went to Barnehurst Derby, VCD 0 v Phoenix Sports 2, Phoenix are top four from four.
  • Options

It's good to have a different 'model' rather than just various combinations of me, Dn and Kathryn!
    And I came up trumps today!
  • Options
    Saturday is non league day, Phoenix Sports are doing a pay what you like day (you must pay something min £1).Also all programme sales are going to charity, if any of you are looking for a game please come down and support a really good local club , all the committee down there are good chaps and really work hard.
  • Options
    Do @Kap10 or @InspectorSands know why Dulwich don't have a fixture listed for this weekend ?