Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"Local" Non-League.

Comments

• Nearest Team are Sittingbourne to me, the 'Brickies' are currently in the Ryman League Division One South and to say they are inconsistent is an understatement. Their First Four league games yielded three draws & a defeat this was followed by Four consecutive victories without conceding a goal. That pattern of a run of bad results followed by a run of good ones has continued all season. They currently sit in Sixth Place after Saturday's 1-0 win away to Whytleafe.
  • I had a look in at Bridon Ropes last season - saw the last 20 minutes of a league match against Kent Football United. Football wasn't great, but looked like a tidy set-up. Might have a wander back over there if I get a free Saturday.
  • BDLBDL
    edited August 2016
    Pitch at Meridian is maintained by ex Valley and Priestfield groundsman, Tony Provan. How did it look yesterday @Tutt-Tutt ?
  • Not local to me but i went to an FA cup, extra preliminary game between Whitstable and Oakwood. Whitstable won 4-0.
  • edited August 2016
    Badger said:

Not local to me but i went to an FA cup, extra preliminary game between Whitstable and Oakwood. Whitstable won 4-0.

They'd be one of my local ones along with Herne Bay and Canterbury City.

Used to play 5a side with a guy who played for Whitstable Town then Herne Bay, made you realise even that standard was a mile above my Sunday league one!
  • BDL said:

Pitch at Meridian is maintained by ex Valley and Priestfield groundsman, Tony Provan. How did it look yesterday @Tutt-Tutt ?

The pitch was first class. Football League standard.
  • My local non league team is Redhill fc we are due to move to a flat near Kiln brow there ground on Thursday we are in Horley at moment and I'm glad moving back Redhill my home town! I also trained with them twice but after playing for Dorking fc
  • Badger said:

Not local to me but i went to an FA cup, extra preliminary game between Whitstable and Oakwood. Whitstable won 4-0.

I was there too - snuck in at half time - 5 minutes walk from home - usually pop in for 5 or 6 matches a season probably a lot more this season as I've not renewed!
  • Not local for most on here, but I went to see my "local" non-league side Woking lose 1-3 at home to Lincoln yesterday.

Who should be lining up for Woking but Zak Ansah. You would have thought he would look very good at National league level but no, looked sluggish and with a dreadful first touch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was also at Bridon Ropes yesterday, pitch looked like a carpet. Good game and if only Bridon had scored in the 1st half than hitting the post it could have been a different story. Would go again.
  • Davo55 said:

Not local for most on here, but I went to see my "local" non-league side Woking lose 1-3 at home to Lincoln yesterday.

Who should be lining up for Woking but Zak Ansah. You would have thought he would look very good at National league level but no, looked sluggish and with a dreadful first touch.

Ansah was on trial with Northampton earlier in the summer
  • Davo55 said:

Not local for most on here, but I went to see my "local" non-league side Woking lose 1-3 at home to Lincoln yesterday.

Ansah was on trial with Northampton earlier in the summer
    Was at the similar game last season when woking won 3-1....we had brighton away that day...a day i will never forget.
  • edited August 2016
    Going to catch a few Greenwich Borough matches this season as they are finally back in the borough. Good set up at the old Badgers sports ground on Middle park avenue.

Will also take in a few matches at Sheppey United following their promotion (wife's family from there)
  • buckshee said:

Going to catch a few Greenwich Borough matches this season as they are finally back in the borough. Good set up at the old Badgers sports ground on Middle park avenue.

Will also take in a few matches at Sheppey United following their promotion (wife's family from there)

Are Sheppey back at Botany Road or still using Faversham's ground?
  • Bishop's Stortford for me Conf South, moved up here 10 years ago never been, looks to be a tidy newish ground. Might go with my 7 year old daughter soon, don't want her to hear the ear bashing RoJo and the board will get at the moment.
  • Bishop's Stortford for me Conf South, moved up here 10 years ago never been, looks to be a tidy newish ground. Might go with my 7 year old daughter soon, don't want her to hear the ear bashing RoJo and the board will get at the moment.

Going to see Welling play them tonight.
  • LenGlover said:

buckshee said:

They are back on the island according to Whitstable's fixture list - Holm Park nr Sheerness

Always look out for their scores too, used to live in Bexleyheath and went to all those late 90s FAC games against Reading, Gills and Blackburn

Always look out for their scores too, used to live in Bexleyheath and went to all those late 90s FAC games against Reading, Gills and Blackburn
    I've been going on and off since the early 80's (my mates brother used to play for them)

Like you, I go with my 7 year old, she loves it. It's a pity as she's ready for Charlton now but I won't be taking her whilst the current mob are in charge. I wonder how many others of her generation will be lost by the regime?
  • Sponsored links:

I've been going on and off since the early 80's (my mates brother used to play for them)

Like you, I go with my 7 year old, she loves it. It's a pity as she's ready for Charlton now but I won't be taking her whilst the current mob are in charge. I wonder how many others of her generation will be lost by the regime?
    Am with you there, will miss going with my old man too, so as he is still in B'Heath - may see you down Welling instead! :-)
  • My local non-league team is Faversham Town. Have been a few times, normally either during international break or when Charlton are playing away.

Good honest decent grassroots football. Also you can have a pint in the stands, always a winner!
  • LenGlover said:

buckshee said:

They are back on the island according to Whitstable's fixture list - Holm Park nr Sheerness
    Back at Holm Park , they get really good crowds of over 700 most of the time which in a league where most side are watched by one man and his dog is pretty amazing .
  • buckshee said:

LenGlover said:

buckshee said:

Back at Holm Park , they get really good crowds of over 700 most of the time which in a league where most side are watched by one man and his dog is pretty amazing .
    The Sheppey Chairman has done a really good job down there. Would recommend Glebe at Chislehurst also for anyone local.
  • edited August 2016

Bishop's Stortford for me Conf South, moved up here 10 years ago never been, looks to be a tidy newish ground. Might go with my 7 year old daughter soon, don't want her to hear the ear bashing RoJo and the board will get at the moment.

My son is. He has just turned ten and we both have a Welling season ticket for this year.
  • See you in the bar at half time
  • On holiday mate. 1-0 HT. Good game?
  • Nantwich Town FC - never been though!
  • On holiday mate. 1-0 HT. Good game?

Not really, very disjointed. Didn't see the goal (just before half time). Other than one or two moments, they've not been in trouble though. The bars look good.
  • Harrogate town, been a couple of times last season I lauding the first leg play off against AFC Fylde. Better quality than the Bury game. Great atmosphere and lovely little ground where fans change stands at half time. Have not checked out Harrogate Railway or Knaresboriugh yet.