Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Local" Non-League.

Comments

• Options
    Welling for me, but apart from Charlton friendly haven't managed to make it down there yet this season.

Good memories of the Blackburn FA Cup game a few years ago, when I bumped into a couple of Blackburn fans who had been at the Charlton Blackburn Full Members final at Wembley.
  • Options
    Norwich United are my local non-league team. They are in Tier 9 in the Ridgeon's Premier i.e 4 below Blue Square premier. They have a number of ex Norwich City youngsters who didn't make it
  • Options
    Lordswood or Chatham town for me, Lordswood is just a walk across a road and has a great clubhouse.

I've played at both grounds and my fat mate Chelsea Luke streaked during a charity game at Lordswood years ago.
  • Options
    Hampton & Richmond for me, only been the once - when Welling lost (badly)
    last season. I watch out for them in the press.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]I am in the middle at Beckenham v Greenwich today. Becks by all accounts have had an awful season, their last game was a 7-2 home reverse against Faversham. Greenwich Borough are faring a little better currently in 9th place out of 17. Also Lordswood were mentioned I am reffing them next week at Sevenoaks.[/quote]

Dont tell me that they still have the little white haired old boy running the line in the Kent leg have they??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Hamlet kick-off at 2pm Sunday ?

Yes
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Pilchard[/cite]We have probably passed in the street Ledge! We are the Surrey exiles!!! !

LOL - I have seen a couple of motors round carshalton with charlton stickers on - is one yours.

As for the chelsea boys round that way - hundreds of them with their shirts on at 3pm on a saturday makes me laugh. Go to the social club even ore of them esp when it;s live on TV.

As for the teams Carshalton and Sutton both in play off places doing opk. Not been to a game though will do one day.

I wholeheartedly agree regarding the Chelsea "fans" who troll about Sutton and Carshalton in their Chelsea finery whilst matches are in progress, these are the kind of people who look at you disdainfully or make a derisory comment for wearing anything with a hint of Charlton on it. I believe that for them Chelsea is nothing more than an extension of the shellsuit, brand name trainers and blingy label nonsense rather than a football club they have an emotional investment in, the very kind of folks who were lavishing praise on Cantona and Giggs 12 years ago whilst trying to keep up Manchester United's weekly kit changes!
    I have seen the cars you mention with stickers in the windows celebrating our fine club (sadly not mine as I don't drive!) I have also seen the occasional person braving the Chavsea hordes in their Charlton shirts but this is generally rarer than Halleys comet!! Never been to Sutton but have taken in the odd game at Tooting and one at Carshalton Athletic (against our youth team back in 2001).

Love meeting the local Chelsea plastics , always rub their noses in it about us beating them 5 times on the trot a few years back , they never believe me....more Addicks than Palace out here - FACT.
  • Options
    Nice one! It really is amazing how little these people know about Chelsea as well. I have to say that I barely ever see any Palace fans out this way (which is a blessing!)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]I am in the middle at Beckenham v Greenwich today. Becks by all accounts have had an awful season, their last game was a 7-2 home reverse against Faversham. Greenwich Borough are faring a little better currently in 9th place out of 17. Also Lordswood were mentioned I am reffing them next week at Sevenoaks.[/quote]

Dont tell me that they still have the little white haired old boy running the line in the Kent leg have they??[/quote]

Not sure who you mean. I had two competent assistants yesterday. I awarded Becks a pen in the first minute which was missed. Greenwich Borough had their skipper sent off in the 71st for his second yellow and still Becks managed to lose 2-0 to two goals in the last two mins.
  • Options
    Bit of an outpost but i'm a couple of minutes from Rushden and Diamonds, take my lad(7) every now and then, but always find it strange watching a game when you don't really care who wins and loses.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welling for me, I used to go with pals quite a lot during the terry robins trevor booker era, people used to say robins could have played at a decent level.
  • Options
    Welling for me too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Welling for me, I used to go with pals quite a lot during the terry robins trevor booker era, people used to say robins could have played at a decent level.

Robins had a spell at Barnet in the league. Not sure what his record was like.

Welling for me also. Was at the game mentioned by Riscardo (Grays Athletic away) 4-2 victory I believe. I have to disagree with you Risky - Crawley away was a better day. 3-0 win and an 80 year old bloke standing behind us singing the poo,bum,wee song for 20mins solid!!!!
  • Options
    greenwich borough for me, though haven't watched them since the clubhouse ceased to be greenwich council social club.
    as well as ian wright, also saw david whyte play for them.
  • Options
    Wonder where David Whyte is these days.
  • Options
    Bromley won 2-0 ;-)
    Cray won 3-0 ;-)
    Hamlet lost 1-2 ;-(
  • Options
    Biggleswade Town . Come on you waders!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Bromley won 2-0 ;-)
    We are top of the league, say we are top of the league! Bring on the likes of Luton next season
  • Options
    Nearest to me is Aveley - about 5 mins walk from the house. Went along to watch them against Maidstone last season - Maidstone had a decent following as it goes (probably around the 150 mark).

When I lived 'oop north' I used to pop along and watch the village team, Worsbrough Bridge, until I bought a house in the town centre. On one occasion they almost made it into the FA Cup first round but lost a replay at home to Goole - it was a bit lively after that game.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]
    We are top of the league, say we are top of the league! Bring on the likes of Luton next season

I am sure Bromley will slide away (yes, I am a supporter). As for bringing on Luton - they might be at The Valley soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know why Thamesmead Town play in the Rymans North Division ?
    Think they're the only "Southern" team to do so.
  • Options
    MOG - Ryman League covers the South of England and apparently Thamesmead is in the northern part of the South of England - that is probably the only explanation...
  • Options
    I'm the other side of the roundabout to Crawley Town
    We go there 4 or 5 times a season
    Next Friday week should be good, they got Swindon town in the cup and I reckon they've got a very good chance of an upset!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Anyone know why Thamesmead Town play in the Rymans North Division ?
    Think they're the only "Southern" team to do so.
    Some clubs possibly have to move between the North and South divisions each season depending on who is relegated from the divisions above and promoted from the divisions below.
  • Options
    Dartford were promoted from Ryman north to Ryman premier a few years back MOG
  • Options
    Then again, Chelsea are North of the Thames but have a SW Postcode..............
  • Options
    My local side crawley are 2nd but couldve gone top if they had managed a win.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]

I am sure Bromley will slide away (yes, I am a supporter). As for bringing on Luton - they might be at The Valley soon.
    Thought so too at first. But approaching the halfway point of the season, they're still at it. Early doubters said they hadn't proved themselves against the better sides in the division, but disposed of Braintree on Saturday when it mattered and made short work of Welling earlier this season. Too many draws this season but only one loss. Don't think they'll finish top but confident in a play-off spot. Christmas time will be the real test with two games against Dover in quick succession.
  • Options
    My local non-league club is Rushall Olympic in Walsall. They're currently in the Pitchero/Evo-Stick competition to win £10,000 for ground facilities upgrades.

The link is http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/rushallolympic/news/your-free-vote-will-help-local-195703.html

Please vote, the videos are quite funny.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Dulwich Hamlet are my nearest team. I've not yet been to see them but keep meaning to.

Used to watch Dartford a lot at Watling Street when I was a kid and would like to get to Princes Park one of these days.