Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal Tickets Allocation

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
I know that some of you feel that 2,912 tickets is going to be more than sufficient for the trip to the Emirates but it's the principal I'm more concerned with. Why should someone with the ability to pay a tenner a month and not go to a single away game have the ability to purchase a ticket for this particular game ahead of someone who has attended every away game. Whichever way you look at it it is just not right. I can argue this from a position of strength as because although I am VG I will not get my ticket until after the VGolders have had their turn as a number of those I go with are not VG and we want tickets together. I am in it to support the Club and hopefully win a prize and not to guarantee ticket priority. I can understand why the Club offer this as a VG incintive but it is totally unfair. Why can we not offer priority to VG but also ask them to produce stubs as well. At least the tickets would be going to people who attend away games regularly. Why not :

1) ANY season ticket holder with the maximum possible away stubs (currently 10)
2) Valley Gold Season Ticket holders with 4 away stubs
3) Other Season Ticket holders with 4 away stubs
4) Valley Gold Season ticket holders with 2 away stubs
5) Other season ticket holders with 2 away stubs
6) Valley Gold season ticket holders
7) Other season ticket holders

any objections ? Especially interested in the views of Valley Golders.

Comments

• Options
    restrictions mean empty seats like spurs saturday,we need packed away ends now more than ever not 2000 voiceless plastics who come to look at a new stadium.
  • Options
    I ain't bothered to be honest. Not going, switching on the TV, Radio or computer coz you just know we're gonna get slaughtered. I can't face another humiliation
  • Options
    Get a proper loyality point system, people know where they stand and you know what a games value is.

Henry, over to you
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2006
    If people want to go to the games then they should go.

People know the set-up prior to the season.

Pay £10 a month if you want to guarantee going to the more high profile games.

If you pick and choose that seems fair enough system. You can get tickets for most other away games with no trouble at all
  • Options
    if you are travelling around the country every week actually supporting the team then that tenner may not be affordable. The Club really needs to reward the 'supporters' first.
  • Options
    have we sold out any away end this year???
  • Options
    yes reading.
    what a non event that was.
  • Options
    general sale general sale general sale
  • Options
    Reading we did and West Ham.

Go for a loyality system, Valley Gold buys you a certain amount of points, but not enough to carry ourself through a season without going.

For example Newcastle away on a Monday night would be worth 75 points, compared to 20 for a London away game. Reward the people who go, but also gives people a reason to join Valley Gold
  • Options
    we did not sellout at westham we sent back tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    as I said at the start, this is a point of principal and probably won't matter for any away game this season (Salisbury away perhaps, around 600 only I believe). Long-term something fairer needs to be sorted out
  • Options
    Large said - " I am in it to support the Club and hopefully win a prize and not to guarantee ticket priority. I can understand why the Club offer this as a VG incintive but it is totally unfair."

I am in it solely for ticket priority. If that carrot is taken away then I will cancel my VG. I have been VG for years and having never won a bean, I can only believe that they dont even bother putting my number in the drum!
  • Options
    A lot of clubs have a point system, and smartcard ticketing, if we could get that sorted, then we might get fairer ticketing
  • Options
    Agree with Rothko, loyalty points is the way forward although there would have to be a system in place to show who the tickets were bought for (my uncle always buys my away ticket and I give him the money later)

I am VG purely for the unlikely event that we draw say, Salisbury in the cup and only get 500 tickets, I rarely spend in the club shop.

I think its a myth about Valley Gold anyway. Even at Reading only 400 out of 2200 tickets were sold to the Valley Golders before they went on general sale.

Its not just the fact that we are playing badly but I would be amazed if we sell out at Arsenal this season. Ive done every away game other than Newcastle this season and ive had enough, if it wasnt for the fact that there is a day on the beers with mates beforehand I would sack it off.

I want to get a couple of extra tickets for Arsenal and will have to wait for general sale, surely the fact that im in VG and have done 8 away games should mean I have some priority??

Defo one for Henry.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2006
    Why should the club spend time and money on this kind of system when for 17 out of 19 (estimate) games during the season our away support is so poor?
  • Options
    We won't need it next season anyway will we?

Forget the league game at Arsenal anyway, we'll get them in the Carling Semi's. Locked on.
  • Options
    "Why should the club spend time and money on this kind of system when for 17 out of 19 (estimate) games during the season are away support is so poor? "

Exactly!!
  • Options
    I actually thought that this was what the new Platinum cards were for ie recording your spending on tickets, mercahndise etc etc and then rewarding loyalty likewise. Also If this were recorded on the system then the need for stubs would be lost.
  • Options
    and the other two games will only sell out the first year, once the ground collectors have had their passport stamped they won't go again for years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]"Why should the club spend time and money on this kind of system when for 17 out of 19 (estimate) games during the season are away support is so poor? "

Exactly!!

double exactly!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    im not even worrying about it now...

their souless sparkly new ground will always be there so im in no rush to go... even if it wont be next season.

i've got 4 or 5 away stubs that i've kept too.
  • Options
    i haven't kept stubs, as i don't remember reading anywhere the need to have kept them.

it really isn't hard to get a working, fair system in place, yet we always seem to go about it arse about face.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i haven't kept stubs, as i don't remember reading anywhere the need to have kept them.

There was something about keeping your Aston Villa stub, but that was all.

Why are we consistently so bad at these things? HENRY!
  • Options
    i remember it being mentioned a while back about how they will start using a system like that. Ever since the gillingham debacle i've saved my stubs all through the season.
  • Options
    I'm in VG and joined when we went up to the Prem so I could be guaranteed away tickets. Due to the pathetic away performances I no longer go to many away matches. Not bothered whether I go to the Emirates - and probably wont bother as Curb it says: ...."there is no rush to go there".

Solidgone

BTW - I've only won once on the Valley Gold draw and very nice is was too!
  • Options
    here comes the same old Valley Gold = Plastics fanny again.

anyone actually got any evidence of this? no, didn;t think so.

I was in VAlley Gold from the start but cancelled three years ago when my son was born - decided to put the money into a savings account for him instead. So, does that mean that I was a Plastic but aren't anymore? Oh yeah, and I sit in the West Stand too - anyone want to have a pop at that or question my loyalty???
  • Options
    let's be honest we have the poorest (in numbers) away support in the premiership and it's a rarity for us to sell out any away allocation unless free travel is provided or it's a new ground...i don't think the people who couldn't get a ticket for boro in the cup last year will have any problem getting one for our game there on the 23rd dec.... what is the lowest away following in the premiership, i think we could challenge it with this fixture
  • Options
    but the fans who travel to boro may not bea able to get a ticket to the emirates.
  • Options
    all 3 of them
  • Options
    fulham took 150 to i think to blackburn the same day we took 900 to sheffield united,we are not the worst away supported ,boro ,fulham,and blackburn are below us.