Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Clarke doesn't hang about

Does he.

Comments

• Options
    low blow
  • Options
    I don't frankly think we're in a position to judge it one way or the other.

It could be that he recognises that his boys need a female figure in their lives and considers that this family friend could be her. Who is to say that Heather didn't say something along the lines of you've got to get on with your life Darren for the sake of the boys? We don't know!

My only reservation is that this woman is a two legged Heather Mills and preying on him whilst he is emotionally vulnerable. Again though we have no way of knowing.
  • Options
    are we really gonna have a trisha/jeremy kyle style debate on darren clarkes love life...ffs
  • Options
    You've also got to look at the fact that he knew his wife was going to die. I'm not saying it's not upsetting or anything, just that he would've been able to prepare himself somewhat - rather than her dying "out of the blue" in a car crash etc.
  • Options
    Wish the guy all the best and hope he finds happiness. Hopefully she is not another Heather Mills as I think she is loaded already anyway.
  • Options
    you can never judge someone elses private life, even if you know them really well, because you will never know the strength of feeling between the other parties.
  • Options
    and thats wrapped up the post,thankyou and goodnight,say good night to the folks gracey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]You've also got to look at the fact that he knew his wife was going to die. I'm not saying it's not upsetting or anything, just that he would've been able to prepare himself somewhat - rather than her dying "out of the blue" in a car crash etc.

you're not saying he was plotting who his next partner would be during his wife last days? hmmm yes got to get someone in to do the washing and ironing for me and can do the school run. he has nannies for all that sort of thing.

we cant judge we dont know.. blab bla bla
    i just think its strange how you can just transfer your affection so soon. weird.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]You've also got to look at the fact that he knew his wife was going to die. I'm not saying it's not upsetting or anything, just that he would've been able to prepare himself somewhat - rather than her dying "out of the blue" in a car crash etc.

you're not saying he was plotting who his next partner would be during his wife last days? hmmm yes got to get someone in to do the washing and ironing for me and can do the school run. he has nannies for all that sort of thing.

i just think its strange how you can just transfer your affection so soon. weird.

It does seem weird looking at rationally I agree. However in an emotional state people don't always act rationally.

As I said above I hope he doesn't get badly hurt while he is vulnerable.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]you're not saying he was plotting who his next partner would be during his wife last days? hmmm yes got to get someone in to do the washing and ironing for me and can do the school run. he has nannies for all that sort of thing.

I'm not saying he was or he wasn't - I don't know. All I'm saying is that, whilst it must be a devastating blow to lose a partner - the fact he knew it was going to happen meant that there was no shock involved and the healing process could start that little bit quicker.

The fact is, he and his family have had a pretty shitty few years and deserve some happiness now. Whether or not it's too soon - I'm sure he knows deep down if it's the right thing to do or not. After all, he's the one that has to live with the guilt (if any).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    no shock involved? I wouldnt say thats strictly true but ill leave it there.
  • Options
    "no shock" is perhaps the wrong phrase - "no surprise"?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]no shock involved? I wouldnt say thats strictly true but ill leave it there.

Can see it from both ways but it's a bit like when your grandparents die at the age of 90, you've been preparing for it for years and although it's still upsetting it's not such a shock. Same as when your wife dies of cancer after a long illness, you've been preparing for it for a while and whilst still a shock it's actually a relief as much as anything. I certainly wouldn't suggest that he was seeing this other woman before his wife died but if she has provided emotional support then it's easy to see how it could have happened. If however his wife had died in a freak accident then I'm sure he'd still be getting over it six months later as it would have been a huge shock. At the end of the day if he's happy and it makes his kids happier then good luck to the man.
  • Options
    Thanks Large - that's what I was trying to say. :o)