Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Simon Walton - Charlton's Saviour

2»

Comments

• Fumbluff said:

Fudgesake, I opened this as I assumed he’d bought the club....

It's Sam Walton we need.
  • I dont think its fair to hold Walton or Dowie against that last quote

Plenty of players have been snapped up from the Lower Leagues and abroad in recent years by Premier League clubs that are confident they'll establish themselves at the top level

You could probably lose count of those that have gone on to fail

He looked okay at Championship level.

Not forgetting the leg break just after joining QPR I think... That seemed to have a few set backs.
  • I thought it was about the bloke who got bombed on the Sir Galahad, time I visited Supersavers...or apply to the FA as a referee.

Plenty of players have been snapped up from the Lower Leagues and abroad in recent years by Premier League clubs that are confident they'll establish themselves at the top level

In this case though he wasn't plucked from the lower leagues, but rather from Leeds United!

A slightly odd transfer, as it wasn't as if he was a regular for Leeds when we signed him anyway, someone (Dowie or whoever was responsible for recruitment) saw something in him that nobody else did...

Yeah that’s fair enough, but how many bad signings did Dowie make?

In this case though he wasn't plucked from the lower leagues, but rather from Leeds United!

A slightly odd transfer, as it wasn't as if he was a regular for Leeds when we signed him anyway, someone (Dowie or whoever was responsible for recruitment) saw something in him that nobody else did...
    Could say the same about Jordan Hugill who West Ham signed in January for £10m!!

Hadnt exactly set the world alight with goals at Preston prior to his move