Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who is having pancakes tonight?

edited February 2009 in Not Sports Related
I am out so our Pancake day is Thursday, so what are your favourite fillings?

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]I am out so our Pancake day is Thursday, so what are your favourite fillings?

When I was a kid I loved pancakes with treacle (golden syrup).
  • Oh yes

Love plain old lemon and sugar

Kids love all that chocolate & Strwaberry flavoured Syrup
  • Had two tonight already.

One with peanut butter.............yummee

And one with sugar and lemon............... scrummee
  • only in america:

pancakeonstick.jpg
  • Kids are in the middle of their second helping - Doubt me and the Mrs will get a look in! Still given my weight, that's probably good.
  • Banana for me.

Will be making the most of it too as we're having 6 weeks without any cake, biscuits, chocolate or crisps in the house from tonight.
  • tonight ?

some of us started at lunch !! though the restaurant's cold, rubbery and overpriced offerings will hopefully be topped by Mrs AFKA tonight !

One with sugar and lemon, one with maple syrup, and one rolled up with ice cream in the middle.

diet ? what diet ???
  • Just had three with sugar and lemon juice...yum!
  • Had 'em for breakfast, five with maple syrup on.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]only in america:

pancakeonstick.jpg

What no bacon and jam flavour....oh its america so that'll be bacon and jelly flavor
  • Sponsored links:

• anyone who is having pancakes without sugar and lemon are not having pancakers they are having crepes and should not pretend any diffrent you are just too posh to eat pancakes
  • Had them last night as I'm on late shift tonight.... cherry jam and sugar went down a treat!
  • no you never medders you had crepes
  • I had the crepes this morning mate
  • Indeed, always celebrated in my house. Banana and choc and Cherry filling plus good old lemon and sugar.
  • i like your thinking there medders

but i will not allow our patront st pancake have his day ruined my the posh types who eat crepes
  • just made the kids theirs none 4 me
  • No

I think they are rank, one of the only things I won't eat.
  • golden syrup was the clear winner.

twice
  • Honey with Jameson whiskey.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lemon and sugar, very, very, very nice. Walk to the office from the station tomorrow!
  • Maple syrup and icecream
  • Mrs BA produced some fine ones tonight with lemon and sugar. The kids tried to nick 'em of my plate!!
  • Hate all the sweet stuff, so tonight was round a mates house, and he suggested ham and grated mature chedder for me, and i tell ya what, they were rocking!! Had about 4, when normally they make me feel sick after one!! Oh and Bryan giggs is pony!
  • oh yes lemon and sugar YUM YUM
  • edited February 2009
    Take four ounces of plain flour, sieve it into a large mixing bowl. Make a hole in the middle and drop in a lightly beaten egg.
    Slowly add 10floz of full cream milk whilst stirring all the time. Keep mixing or whisking with a hand device (no electrics please) until there are no lumps. Leave to stand for a few minutes.
    Add another 10floz of milk and stir with hand whisk until mixture has consistantcy of single cream. Add a pinch of salt if required.
    Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan, heat it up on a high setting. Add enough mixture to just cover the pan. Fry on high setting, toss after 1 min. Pancake done after 1 min each side if you have made them thin enough.
    Put on plate, squeeze lemon wedge (no Jif please, fresh only) and sprinkle sugar on pancake. Roll up and serve.
    Repeat a further 7 times.
  • Left it late to get my bits for pancakes went to Morrisons last night and teh shelf's were almost empty of bits

Good to see a tradition is still strong
  • for starters we had mushroom, creme freche, garlic, spinach, onion and cheese x 2 each
    then had a rest
    then did butter, sugar, lemon and maple syrup for Dec x2
    and I had chocolate, banana, maple syrup x1

also made shortbread last night, so munching on that this morning.
  • Syrup on Pancakes last night for me.

Anyone been to My Old Dutch recently. Used to be a great place for pancakes and used to go there a lot in the 80s when there wasn't much in the way of cheap, quick decent food around.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]for starters we had mushroom, creme freche, garlic, spinach, onion and cheese x 2 each
    then had a rest
    then did butter, sugar, lemon and maple syrup for Dec x2
    and I had chocolate, banana, maple syrup x1

also made shortbread last night, so munching on that this morning.[/quote]

Suzi am i right in thinking you are on the bus to Derby? If so are you baking??? We are not having pancakes until Thursday but going to copy your savoury idea, sounds yummy