Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Disappointed

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
with the Murphy chants, no need to ... er ... slag off a player's family.

Would have hoped for something more imaginative, eg to the "1-0 to the Arsenal" tune ...

"You wank at film premieres, you wank at film premieres"

Comments

• were you in the upper or lower then as didnt hear that downstairs... the one i liked was:

oh andy reid, he plays on the left, he plays on the right...
    oh andy reid he makes murphy look like shite

it was comptely tuneless but effective.
  • I don't often go away but, given the flak regularly dished out to early leavers at The Valley, was astonished how many supposed proper fans left after the third goal in the Upper Tier where I was. There were probably only a quarter of us still there at the end!

Every cloud has a silver lining though. Two chavvy types were sat behind us and slagged Kish off the entire first half to the extent that I cast aside my flask and rug and remonstrated with them since he was by no means the worst and indeed tracked back to get a challenge in on Berbatov for the first goal! When Kish went off I said to my wife and daughter watch our midfield part like the Red Sea now to which one of them said bollocks.

Spurs got the third after a couple of minutes and I turned round to see that they had already gone!
  • I left after the fifth Len, which was fairly soon after the third!
  • ha ha yes off it.. i keep saying i left on the 5th but actually we are half way down the steps on the 4th and i was kind of grateful as the spurs went up celebrating their 5th by that time so didnt get any abuse from them.

terrible sick feeling... when we got outside tavern overhead the copper on his radio going "large number of charlton exiting the ground, back up urgently needed" did he not realise we were 5 one down and whats why charlton were leaving instead of for some pre arranged tear up!
  • i agree families should be left out of it, but only when the family stay out of it themselves. The fact his missus gave us repeated digs in the press made he 'fair game' in my book.

Football humour / abuse will always be on the cusp of what is acceptable, sometimes it crosses it in the heat of the moment.