Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sat Nav advice please

Missus had the car broken into and Sat nav stolen (please dont say 'why do you leave it in the car', havent heard that honest!!)

Anyway, anybody know any decent cheap ones on the market or anybody selling one?

Cheers all.

Comments

• I've got a Navman which was the cheapest in Halfords, and it works OK.
  • A-Z, most book stores, about £4.99 last time I looked, here to help.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]A-Z, most book stores, about £4.99 last time I looked, here to help.[/quote]

£4.99! When was the last time you looked?
  • edited February 2009
    try ebuyer.comI bought one for £54 good little sat nav

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/125129

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/146672
    this is the one I bought -
  • http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131342/show_product_reviews

I bought this one- although it is now discontinued it was £50 6 months or so ago- a little slow to picck up the GPS but very handy and tbh- it's not worth spending anymore

BTW- the A-Z is a handy thing to leave on the passenger seat as then the scrote who is wondering if there is a sat nav in there will think not!
  • great mind ledge! :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]A-Z, most book stores, about £4.99 last time I looked, here to help.

Our honourable friend presumably means a road atlas - and I fully agree.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]A-Z, most book stores, about £4.99 last time I looked, here to help.[/quote]

£4.99! When was the last time you looked?[/quote]Our honourable friend presumably means a road atlas - and I fully agree.[/quote]

I know but for £4.99! They would be "here be dragons" type of maps.
  • Over priced crap, never go for a TomTom.
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree with DA9 in a sense (although £4.99 for an A-Z?!?!) map is always best

However a mate of mine has been yattering on about a satnav he picked up for about £50, think it might be one of those navmans but don't hold me.
  • You might find a few TomToms on sale from last year's stock - TomTom released a new version for the Christmas market and were selling off the old stock cheaply to clear the shelves.

Alternatively, look on E-Bay and buy one cheapish on there.
  • I swear by Garmin over here.....
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]A-Z, most book stores, about £4.99 last time I looked, here to help.

Our honourable friend presumably means a road atlas - and I fully agree.

Do you know what, I had to drive to Guildford the other day, took one look in a map book, M25, J10, A3, then right on the A320, there in an hour, simple, I think sat navs make people lazy, sorry, I work in Transport, and some people want it to get to Crayford from Dartford, ridiculous.
  • i only use mine for the last 5 mins of a journey to find a actual address, you don't need a sat nav to get to a city that's just commom sense.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i only use mine for the last 5 mins of a journey to find a actual address, you don't need a sat nav to get to a city that's just commom sense.

Our vehicles are all non smoking, they do have cigarette lighters in them, but they are still non smoking as they are deemed as work places, so we tell our customers if the lighter works and you plug your equipment in, you do so at your own risk (they can run on different voltages) and if it blows, down to them, and we will not replace or repair broken lighters due to the smoking law, as it costs us and is timely. I had a guy once, almost crying as he had to go to Portsmouth from Dartford and thought he would get lost, I mean, how simple is Portsmouth to get to, point your car down the A3/M3 and keep going, some of the things people do astound me.

I have had customers ring me and ask me what bus goes past THEIR house to get to us, and what train and what times do they leave their local station to get to us, astonishing, some people are just lazy and expect you to do everything for them, sat navs only breed that sort of attitude IMO.
  • What bus do I need;
    75 or 202 ?
  • [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]What bus do I need;
    75 or 202 ?

A blue one, with lickable windows
  • Not the White one with seatbelts ?
  • Over the past 12 months I have had Navman a Garmin and Tomtom. I can recomend all of them but the Tomtom with real-time traffic, safety alerts and IQ routes for me is the best and you can update the maps.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do the Knowledge like me it will only take you 4 years.
  • have a look at the great deals here ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Colin in Thailand.[/cite]Do the Knowledge like me it will only take you 4 years.

you doing the knowledge from Thailand - that will take some doing :-)
  • No Ledge I did it 25 years ago in London. now retired..
  • oh right - i see pop over every now and again and earn a few quid and go back I take it.
  • I used to do that but now I don't bother I stay in Thailand all the time , been here 5 years..
  • edited February 2009
    We collect/deliver cars for servicing/repair and most of the newer ones have satnav fitted as standard. I often enter The Valley, Floyd Road etc. then head for Redhill : she gets very upset because I'm pointing the wrong way! I get ordered to do all sorts to get back on (her) track. It passes the time.(Hope this is helpful).
  • Am Thinking of buying a sat nav, have they changed much price wise, Any Recommendations much appreciated.
  • Decent smart phone and google maps will do the job nowadays
  • Do your homework first. Tom Tom and Garmin still lead the way. It really depends what you need in terms of maps, uk and Ireland are standard with Europe at a small premium and world at some cost.