Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Wright, Harry Arter, Grant Brasey Get Ready

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Get ready kids (even though they are 18) you should be put in the team in Jan if there is no improvement in the league.

Comments

• Options
    until any of them have been loaned out getting professional league experience, we will not have a clue if any of them will be good enough.

We desperately need a good crop of youngsters to come through in the next 18 months. I fear we have not got that.
  • Options
    We desperately need a good crop of youngsters to come through in the next 18 months. I fear we have not got that.

I don't think we've had that for some time. The last players to come through and make a real impact were Konchesky and Parker and that was some time ago. Fortune, Sam, Lisbie are the only players who've come through the youth system and are still here, but none are stars. You could add Gislason and Tanski to the above list, maybe if we drop down a level for a season or two it'll be easier to bring these kids through.
  • Options
    Did anyone read that apparently Newcastle want to buy this Wright kid for 2m in Jnauary. Anyone seen him play? What position?