Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where's Pouso?

It was with great anticipiation that I read about the latest addition to the charlton midfield back in august. Just what we needed, a combatative, lively, creative player with leadership qualities and international credentials. Surely the captain of Penarol, a major club in Uraguay would show the leadership qualities deserately needed. Well, apart from one first team game when he played the first half and was then withdrawn we've seen nothing of him. Is he really so out of sorts and off the pace? Does anybody know more about this situation?

Comments

• there must surely be more too it. in that game he played completely exposed, yet didn't do too bad, he was coming into it pretty well before he got taken off.

quite a coincidence that the two most 'exotic' signings, him and bagheri never played a full game for us.
  • I fear below is as close as we, the addicted will get to seeing Pouso play.

Oh wouldn't something like this at thevalley be nice!!
  • mmmm, I don't suppose that there are many others with Spanish as there first language at Sparrows Lane; it is diifcult to adjust form South America to the UK without that kind of support. He semed OK in his only appearence so far, how has he been doing in the reserves? I used to go a bit when at the Valley but not now.

I think reserve form does not necessarily represent Prem form anyway, if he is fit, then he might as well be given a go, after all it's not like the midfield are pulling up trees; Kish, Faye, Pouso - dogs of war stuff.
  • I don't suppose that there are many others with Spanish as there first language at Sparrows Lane

Sorondo...
  • according to the KentMessenger last week Pouso will be off back to South America in January whilst the Board are going to back Les in the transfer market. By then it may be a case of why bother !
  • Why are we all obsessed with "language barriers" - Xabi Alonso, Luis Garcia, Fabregas, didn't seem to affect them. I know they are a top level club but surely the ONUS is on the player to learn the bloody language and quickly.
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again. He is useless in the reserves let alone the Premiership.