Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

WHO WILL STAY AND WHO WILL GO WHEN WE'RE RELEGATED?

which players will still be at the club next season in the chumpionship? will anyone buy the likes of luke young,diawara, reid etc obviously d bent will be sought after and possibly reid if he continues his current form but as for the rest i can't see anyone being interested in them except for maybe a newly promoted side

Comments

• It depends who makes the right offers - all the above players are under contract for Charlton next year, my guess if Charlton are definitely relegated that Darren Bent will go and hopefully that money will offset the need to make too many drastic forced sales elsewhere.
  • Make no mistake, a lot of our players will be flying out the door looking for other employers quicker than you can say "signing on fee". It's what mercenaries do.
  • out of yesterdays line up.
    carson-back to liverpool or on loan for another season at a prem club.
    young- probably stay as if he did fail medical at whu this summer, word would've got round and no-one will touch him.
    herman- go, maybe to a newly promoted club or sheff utd style club (if they stay up).
    elk- go probably abroad.
    diawarra- go for less than we paid for him.
    reid- stay, seems committed to us but if someone from prem came in i don't think we could hang on.
    sam- stay
    hughes- stay
    kish- stay
    faye- stay
    bent- gone whether we stay up or not. wouldn't be surprised if he went in jan.

jesus christ. i've just realised i think our entire midfield will stay. we could be in trouble next season if thats the case as i don't see them up for the dogfight that is the championship. don't worry there is always dennis, thomas, holland and ambrose............ oh ffs.
  • everyone will be up for sale if we do go down, make no bones about it.

My worry is if we do go down, we don't seem to have any form of core which we can rebuild around to try and come straight back up.
  • Think we'll get most of the money we spent this summer back, everyone see the top line figure, but all of the deals probably had clauses for Europe, staying up, annual payments etc etc
  • Those who will go:

Carson: back to Liverpool and/or then on to another club on laon.
    Myhre: stay
    Young: stay, unless we get a good offer
    HH: stay, but I think he's coming to the end of his career
    El K: sell
    Diawara: stay, he's been injury prone and his price tag will put off potential purchasers
    Traore: stay - same reason
    Reid: will stay unless we get a good offer, after his experience at Spurs I think he'll be wary about bench warming
    Sam: stay
    Romm: out of contract, will leave on a Bosman, prolly to Holland/Denmark, I don't think a decent team in the UK would come in for him.
    Gibb/Sorondo: stay been injury prone and I can't see other clubs coming in for either.
    M Bent: go
    JFH: leaves on a Bosman
    Lisbie: will stay, injury prone
    Walton: stay
    Holland: go, probably to a CCC side
    Hughes: will stay and probably play ok at CCC level
    Thomas: will stay.
    Kish: maybe we'll get a season more out of him.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]everyone will be up for sale if we do go down, make no bones about it.

My worry is if we do go down, we don't seem to have any form of core which we can rebuild around to try and come straight back up.

Spot on AFKA, before we had a spine of loyal players that we could build around (Kinsella, Rufus, Hunt, etc) which we simply don't have now.
  • 5 Thousand Fans?
  • [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]5 Thousand Fans?

Is that going or staying???