Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We say we are a team, but we are not...

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
I went yesterday and even stayed until the end, although I have no idea why. I wish the players had to walk with me through a mass of pee taking Yids.

I can agree when other people say that we didn't play badly for the first 30 mins but can't agree when they say it wasn't a 5-1 game. And that is very worrying.

We knocked the ball around quite well for the first 30 mins and won some knock downs. But that is it. We never really threatened Spurs once. Creative play, good defending and good attacking play was no where to be seen. Basically, the redeeming feature which people seem to be clinging to is that we looked average in the middle of the park. Spurs, on the other hand, looked dangerous every time they attacked. They took their goals well and had the bits of luck that their effort deserved. I really did think it was going to be much worse than 5.

My biggest concern is that we did not look like a team. None of the players seemed to know where their team mates would be or what they may (or more likely may not) do. There was absolutely no team spirit. There was no leadership, either on or off the field

I wish Les Reed all the best but he does not appear to be a motivator and is not going to be our saviour. Luke Young is having a poor season (admittedly he is certainly not alone!) and is no captain.

I always try to be an optimist and still will. We should have more 3.00pm games on a Saturday next season and will probably lose a lot of the current squad as they will not be required in the Championship.

Comments

• Options
    Spot on mate, spot on. Fair play to you for staying. Wasn't for me though - I'd made it to the West End by 5pm.
  • Options
    can't disagree with any of that Oscar, you've summed it up well.

We're in a complete and utter mess, and its very hard to window dress it any other way.
  • Options
    I stayed to ten minutes left and then bolted.. I though we just huffed and puffed in that first twenty mins... exactly right, there was No Chances created and that has a lot to do with the 4-5-1 that we play... we donr have any options .... its rubbish and there was a couple of occasions when we atarted pushing and Kish and Hughes would not push up , dur to fear, and so the option was not there to create the chances.... absoiluterubbish......

RUBBISH!
  • Options
    Good post Oscar.

Maybe I was using the fact that we didnt concede in the first half hour as playing well, certainly the last half hour was as depressing as it got.

Certainly the Championship does have its attractions - Colchester, Ipswich, Norwich, Forest, Leicester, QPR, Palace, Southampton, Coventry, Luton, Plymouth are all good away days and for a lot less money but I do fear that when we are relegated we will become just like some of the sides mentioned.

Les is sadly becoming a bit of a joke which is sad because he is probably a good coach and if we go down with a similar number of points to Sunderland last season then we will struggle to attract top calibre players to try to come back up.