Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Abject"

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Mark Lawrenson just called us that on Motd, and I have to say that I'm in absolute and total agreement with him.

I can't believe that people have posted on here that "we never played that bad". Sure, you can point at the stats all you like, but when you lose 5-1 there's no doubt you've been taken into the greenhouse and shared amongst the borstal chocolate cha-cha squad.

You can't say "they took their chances and we didn't". Football is about scoring goals - we never scored any. In fact, we never even had a shot on target until after they'd got 5 - they scored our goal remember!

All of their goals were in some way down to our shocking defending. Defending is also part of the game - in case you didn't know. If you can't defend you let in goals. If you can't defend and don't get a shot on target you lose. It's quite simple really.

I was thinking of going into detail and backing up my comments about the "abject" defending for each goal we conceeded, but hopefully I wont need to. Hopefully I wont see any more comments on here from people trying to somehow defend that dreadful pile of total shit we have disgracing the red shirt these days.

Total fucking wankers - all of them.

Comments

• Options
    good post,five one is five one.
  • Options
    Last two games 1 goal scored, 1 og and 5 conceded - but we still got 3 points and we're only 2-1 down before we started changing the team.

So everything is still the same - we need home wins; goal difference doesn't matter; we're still 4 points from 17th place and 2 points behind West Ham; the board MUST splash out on central midfield and another striker.

I don't disagree that it's embarassing - I'm just pleased I didn't go!
  • Options
    No, everything is not "the same". Sure a defeat is a defeat, you still don';t get any points - but today has changed quite a bit in my view. Not least the fans take on the shambolic mess of a team we have at the moment. Too many players happy to pick up their £10-20k a week without even looking to do basic things like try to close people down or block a shot. You act like that on a Sunday morning and you (rightly) get pilloried. No excuses wash anymore. We've been patient enough.
  • Options
    Agreed it's a mess away from home and we can't hope for a low points total from everyone else so we have to hope the home form keeps improving. The thing is the players and the crowd and fans know that at the Valley.

We are managing well over 12 goes on goal every game - just need someone alongside Bent to sort it + someone in the middle of the park. I won't name names because they're all fairly average (apart from Reid) in the middle.

My one hope is that we land a good loan deal - like we did when Costa came in.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: seriously_red[/cite]
    My one hope is that we land a good loan deal - like we did when Costa came in.

You could have hit the nail on the head here (cos I'm sure we don't have much to spend) - do our new friends at Valencia have anyone we can borrow?
  • Options
    Yeah, just like the Inter Milan tie up!
  • Options
    As was said at the time of this new tie-up, the Inter deal was made under different circumstances (we were a division lower). According to the spiel (yes, I know it's spiel, but I'm starting to desperately cling to anything I can!), Valencia are "like minded" to Charlton and we share a sponsor in Llanera.
  • Options
    Llanera also sponsor London Irish....can we have a prop forward to shore up the midfield **silly smiley winky thing**
  • Options
    A division lower? Were we?

Spot on by the way Off It
  • Options
    why on another striker, just give James Walker ago, then use the money for a good midfield player who can tackle.