Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snow

Comments

• Options
    We've only had a couple of inches of snow over this side, but the lack of buses and disruption on the tube meant there was no point me even trying to get into work. We've had so many people working from home today that our remote access software has run out of licences, and management have been appealing to people that haven't got urgent work to do to take the day as flexi instead.
  • Options
    QPR called off so why is ours still on?
  • Options
    Arsenal's cup game tomorrow is also off...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]QPR called off so why is ours still on?

Because it's not in London....?
    Only slight dusting of snow in some parts of Bristol.

Down here in the proper West Country, it's bright and sunny and kin cold.
    But no snow.
  • Options
    Somehow managed to get to work, in less than an hour too!! Hope the return is kind!! Fecking treacherous conditions tho!
  • Options
    Great news, but how d'ye get there? Can't even get out of my road.
  • Options
    just been told my trainer can't get out of her road either

buga.............no workout for me tonight

:-D
  • Options
    Luckily, its my day off today, a very snowy Greenhithe this morning

Greenhithe
  • Options
    Call this snow!!! Back in France we had about 50cm's just before Christams and the postie still managed to deliver my junk mail. Today, back in Bournemouth, it took me 95mins to make a journey of 30 minutes all becuase we had about 3 cm's. Pah, that's just a heavy frost...
  • Options
    Palace match called off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another big flurry starting here in Dartford
  • Options
    Can't see it improving for tomorrow. Oh well, another day off, what a shame.............
  • Options
    Well our snowman complained he was hungry so.....

Fatter Snowman
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Well our snowman complained he was hungry so.....

Fatter Snowman

Where's that, looks like riverview park

[Edit], In fact I can see that it is, Winfell Way right?
  • Options
    Shhhh........ Just been to Bala's for a paper and some goodies for the kids!
  • Options
    Client in Aberdeen has just emailed me her requirements and wrote .......

"PS – We hear there is a national disaster today – a bit of snow in England!"
  • Options
    Seems to have turned to rain here on the Norfolk riviere!!!
  • Options
    North Essex is getting more snow - not really settling though.

Sadly - I am able to work from home so have no excuse now I have my laptop with me

But I do have tomorrow booked off anyway so I feel a gargantuan snowman coming on!!!
  • Options
    Slush
  • Options
    still coming down in eltham, I wonder if things will be any better tomorrow?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roads never been so quiet on a monday am- drove to client in maida vale- 20 mins instead ofthe normal 45.

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]Roads never been so quiet on a monday am- drove to client in maida vale- 20 mins instead ofthe normal 45.

I had the weirdest journey times ever today - record longest getting to work and was dreading the return trip, but tonight...home in record time! What's that all about?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]Roads never been so quiet on a monday am- drove to client in maida vale- 20 mins instead ofthe normal 45.

I had the weirdest journey times ever today - record longest getting to work and was dreading the return trip, but tonight...home in record time! What's that all about?

Everyone had already gone home :-)
  • Options
    Well done all those who managed to get into work.

Meddders if you still lived in the town of your birth you would be ballsed so think yourself lucky you live with the gypsies now

Tomorrow will be a day off too, where i live holds snow brilliantly. Great if your a kiddie but not so good if your my boss. Come pick me up boss is what I say and then honk about me turning down the drive (read sit in sludge) in
  • Options
    Lordswood and Walderslade always got hit hardest in the area mate so no surprises there...

Anyway, it's been fun snowballing the gypo's!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    Meddders .......

Your teeth chattering with the cold, Carts ..... ?

;o)
  • Options
    All snow gone here, p*ssed down from about 4.00pm onwards...kids v v v unhappy!!
  • Options
    Normal day for me, did my deliveries and all went well,will be taking a day of on tuesday as my daughter will not be going to school.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    Meddders.......

Your teeth chattering with the cold, Carts ..... ?

;o)

Aha something like that, had to walk to the bloody chinese earlier too. Heres food for thought. I had one of my pet hates pop something through my letterbox earlier. A pizza leaflet. Now those people annoy me because I don't ask for their shit to be put through my door nor do I ask for phonecalls from glaziers however I thought earlier 'hah, those pizza people were up and about and delivering leaflets in the snow earlier so I will call them and get them to deliver my dinner'.

No. No, no, no silly carter things evidently don't work like that as one would think. I phones them up and says hello peeps, any chance of delivering me some dinner?

'Where do you live?' They say

'Lordswood' I say

'We don't deliver to Lordswood' the divvy dumb slag on the phone says.

Go work that out, go on. And tell me I'm the stoopid one
  • Options
    LOL, mate!

Logic of delivering a leaflet where they won't deliver a takeaway.
    You couldn't make it up!