Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The film that Simon Jordan funded ....

is called Telstar - and is the story of Joe Meek and was written by Jordan's palace numpty mate Nick Moran.

Well, I've just watched it - and what a waste of the Orange one's money ..... I was wanting to like the film from a work point of view - but nothing makes me happier than knowing Jordan will never get his money back on it!

Comments

• Worst thing is, my actor mate Alex lent Nick Moran the book about Joe Meek's life with a suggestion about writing a play, which Nick did, then turned it into a film, and Alex didn't get a part in either...
  • Now that's shite
  • straight to DVD, then?
  • I did wonder why Jordan would want to make a film about Meek. A Paranoid, drug abusing closet case who ended up shooting himself.

Meek that is. Who did you think I was talking about?
  • edited February 2009
    Unfortunately I suspect that he didn't lose a penny investing in the film - in fact he probably actually made money thanks to the tax breaks afforded to film investors.

I heard he was looking to invest, direct and star in another film soon. It's a remake of "James and the Giant Peach". His fat face is playing the part of the peach - although obviously the make up girls will have their work cut out so the film doesn't become known as "James and The Giant Obnoxious Orange".
  • Off It - he'll get SOME tax breaks - but only 20% via EIS .... but I can't say anymore as I'm linked to the film in certain ways .... he'll still lose 20% .... and I couldn't believe it when he's named FIRST in the "Produced By" credits ...
  • I suspect that losing money on this film is nothing compared with the money he's losing as the Spanish property market tanks.
  • Did it star Marcus Bent and a tube of vaseline ?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I suspect that losing money on this film is nothing compared with the money he's losing as the Spanish property market tanks.[/quote]
    BFR;
    I suspect he's also losing money on Selhurst Park.

D'oh, I forgot, he DOESN'T own it does he !!
    ;-)