Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where was Jon Jo today?

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
Sorry if I missed a post explaining where our most talented attacking players was today - not even on the bench?

Comments

• Options
    that will encourage him to sign wont it ;-(
  • Options
    Not sure, but with nothing going our way this season I wouldn't be surprised if he's snapped up by another club before he turns 17...
  • Options
    I fear that Parkinson's decision not to even put him on the bench today will be the final nail in the coffin. How must a talented player like that feel when he is passed up for second raters?
  • Options
    Get real fellas, the boy will stay till the end of the season but then he's off.
  • Options
    Surely not being selected in the squad for one game won't be decisive?

He's had a bit of a run lately, get's good mature advice and has an old head on young shoulders.
    Wait and see.
  • Options
    Ok, let me spell it out: If we survive, he WILL stay with us (unless Man U or Liverpool come in) If we go down, he's off, and right too.
    If we do survive and he goes to one of the only two clubs he wants to, then maybe he'll stay as a loanee.

However, we WILL not survive so thanks JoJo for the hope you gave us and I wish you all the best.
  • Options
    We're not down yet, Chirps. But maybe we'll save that one for another thread.....?

;o)
  • Options
    Not yet.
  • Options
    Parkie this kid is a awesome talent need to be on the bench at least FFS
  • Options
    There's a paradox here.

Shelvey is a great prospect and playing in a winning team, you just know he would mature fast into a great player. In a losing team, however, his confidence could shatter and he might never fulfil his potential.

Maybe that's why Parky is reluctant to play him every week...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he'd been played, he'd have been kicked up in the air. I wouldn't have risked him in that game.
  • Options
    Nothing surprises me in football but I think that Jonjo is a sensible lad and seems to have very good advisors. I think he will sign for us and remain for next season also. That could be it though. I hope I am right.
  • Options
    but he will most likely go through his whole career being kicked, so we can't keep protecting him. It's not as if we're a team in mid table safety, we're in the shit and if a talented player like him can at least come off the bench to try and do something special, we might have got a result
  • Options
    It's because he is so young and doesn't yet have a lot of muscle which helps to protect joints and bones, so the injuries that result from being kicked tend to be a lot more serious.
  • Options
    doesn't yet have alot of muscle? have you seen the size of this lad??? Christ knows how big he'll be when he's filled out!!!!:-)
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Not yet.

do you enjoy being a charlton fan? have you ever enjoyed being a charlton fan? i honestly don't understand how people continue to take an interest when they seem to have such apathy and pessimism.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Why wasn't he on the bench at least yesterday?

Bye bye to Josh Wright and Jonjo. Nice one parky.
  • Options
    injured