Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gray out for the season !!!

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
Been playing with the injury for weeks. They have just found out. Must be using the NHS then not private !!! More cost cutting. More back slapping though ;-)

Comments

• Options
    Thank god for that.

Dicko and Burton surely up top for Burnley.
  • Options
    My first reaction is, "bloody hell, wot next"
  • Options
    We are doing well with injuries at the moment, like Parky says, one bad thing after another at the moment.
  • Options
    Gray will never play for Charlton again! End of! Good luck to him though as he seems like a decent guy!
  • Options
    Thank god FLEETWOOD IS BACK!

Goal machine that bloke is.
  • Options
    Its bad lucks fault !!!
  • Options
    Burton will start v Burnley in a 4-5-1, with Shelvey or Ambrose pushing on behind him. Dicko on the bench - and possibly Fleetwood, too ?
  • Options
    We really are having some trouble with injuries aren't we

To be honest I wasn't feeling it with Gray any way so thats life
  • Options
    Lady Luck is determined to do her best to send us down and even to stop us cashing in on any assets.
    SHe had better be nice to us next season!
  • Options
    recall McLeod NOW.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]recall McLeod NOW.

Not a bad shout tbh.

I hope we put a recall option in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Thank god for that.

Dicko and Burton surely up top for Burnley.

you are joking. He'll play one up, Burton, so he can swamp midfield to protect the two playing at CH.
  • Options
    4-5-1 should be banned from any football pitch.
  • Options
    I'm only worried about Brighton (whoops wrong thread sorry!)
  • Options
    Wait and see what comes out today.

I reckone a couple of new bodies will be in the squad for tomorrow
  • Options
    Spill the beans AFKA.
  • Options
    Yep. 4-5-1 is nailed on for tomorrow.

Burton up top with Dicko on the bench.

Away from home maybe fair enough but with Burnley running on empty we should go for the jugular and play Dickson alongside Burton.

Agree, McLeod should be recalled - to p*ss the scum off as much as anything else and put him on the bench tomorrow.
  • Options
    let's be honest. Would we miss him?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Spill the beans AFKA.

well it didn't take long !!

Ward and Kandol
  • Options
    I hope Andy takes this time to be with his family and just take a break from Footie

Good luck Andy and god bless with your issues your family need you more tahn us as it is only a game after all
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]4-5-1 should be banned from any football pitch.

It's not 4-5-1 that's necessarily the problem.

It's how you play it - 4-5-1 can easily become 4-3-3 on the counter, the way Chelsea play it - and Curbs, too with Bent, Rommedahl, Murphy, Kish & Smertin.
  • Options
    It's fantastic that he can now spend time with his family, which is obviously the most important thing, but on a selfish note, it's going to be a bit hard to sell him now.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Good luck to Andy Gray, because I doubt we will see him in a Charlton shirt again and he will be sold in the summer (probably for around 450-500k).

Which means, a club career record of :

8/9 goals (almost half of them penalties) in 30 something starts and a dozen sub appearances after a fee of £1.5m.

I really do wish him luck wherever he goes, but he is not going to go down as a Charlton legend, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    I feel a bit mean as I had critiscised him for not jumping etc. Apologies to Andy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]I feel a bit mean as I had critiscised him for not jumping etc. Apologies to Andy.

Ditto, but more importantly , why the f*ck was he playing and how did our medical team not notice it sooner?!!
  • Options
    Will Gray mis- Fortune damage our run in?

:)
  • Options
    Gray was guaranteed to score tomorrow as well :-(
  • Options
    ''Gray was guaranteed to score tomorrow as well ''

You forgot to put FACT at the end, BRE!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: robroy[/cite]Gray will never play for Charlton again! End of! Good luck to him though as he seems like a decent guy!

When's his contract run out then?

There is no way we are ever going to be able to sell him.

And so the wage bill continues to spiral out of control.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]I feel a bit mean as I had critiscised him for not jumping etc. Apologies to Andy.

Ditto, but more importantly , why the f*ck was he playing and how did our medical team not notice it sooner?!!

Presumably, at the time of X-Ray the stress fracture didn't show, and medically this isn't a wrong diagnsosis. Repeated pounding would have worsened and opened the fracture and it's only when it's X-rayed again that the fracture is visible. But I would also ask why he was played as there was obviously a problem. I'd thought it was due to his mind being elsewhere which seemed feasible, perhaps he downplayed the symptoms himself, who knows.