Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gunter CB from Spurs?

edited January 2009 in Rumours
http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/13512/Gunter_set_for_loan_spell.aspx

Comments

• Options
    except he's a full back isn't he ?
  • Options
    He is a right back no?
  • Options
    That would be a good signing if true..go get him parky!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]except he's a full back isn't he ?[/quote]

Right sided definately, but has turned out at CB for Wales U21s and Cardiff
  • Options
    would be good signing if happens
  • Options
    but he's in their "cup" squad can't see someone sacrificing that to move to us
  • Options
    Heard its good as done. Can play RB or CB (like Murty)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Heard its good as done. Can play RB or CB (like Murty)

Pleased if he does come, until the end of the season would give us cover finally for CB.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Heard its good as done. Can play RB or CB (like Murty)

Pleased if he does come, until the end of the season would give us cover finally for CB.

if he does come and can cover at CH and RB I'd expect that we have seen the last of Murty.
  • Options
    Replacing Murty if he doesn't stay? He's struggling a bit with his shin injury.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Murty has picked up an injury nearly every game he has played for us.
  • Options
    Would love this to be true as he's a very good player and could really help our defence.
  • Options
    Sounds like a Charlton loan player. A full back who's smallish if pushed inside to center half. Very young, lacking in experience. Looks inexperienced in a Spurs team.

He may turn out to be a very good player. I can't tell from his Uefa cup matches, but when I have seen him Spurs let in a lot of goals. We really need a fit, mature player with presence. Signing immature and unproven players is what got us here in the first place. Especially when his fellow full back is erratic Youga, you have to have at least three defenders who can work together - two center halves without a full back tucking in when we're under duress is a recipe for another 18 game losing streak.

I liked Chris Coyne of Colchester but I really don't know enough players that are cheap at this part of the season. At least Darren Ward is ready to go and played with Hudson before.
  • Options

Like Cranie, lol
  • Options
    Yeah I don't think Murty's ever played centre back. At least not very often if he has.