Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VFR Before the game.... Campaign

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Now I know the Valley over the last few years has become somewhat quieter, but if any season Charlton need us its this one. The support, I think has played a part in Everton game and Blackburn game, and has made the home games more enjoyable when you got Charlton fans singing around you... well in the North anyway!

I just picked up from a point made by O4 in a pervious post about how West Ham played Forever Blowing Bubbles and then stopped the music to let the fans sing.

I think it would be great if Charlton could do this before a game. Instead of having opera music which knowone really cares about, how about we have a few songs that we recognise, us the fans. I always enjoy Into The Valley, The Clash so keep with them.

So how about we get "That Annoucer" to get everyone to join in with Valley Flloyd Road and when it hits the chorus we can turn off the music, sing it as loud as possible, get the atmosphere going just as the players are lining up in the tunnel.

If everyone is in favour of this, can we get the idea to the supporters director?

Opinions please.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a great idea! But we might need to produce a song sheet. What about using the the e-board with a bouncy ball over the words - Kareoke style! ;o)
  • Options
    We shouldnt need to do that solid, most true cafc know the VFR words, anyone who dont know will either pick it up, or not bother singin it!

Tom, you have nailed it mate, i think its a great idea.
  • Options
    Sheff U did the same with their "Anthem". Played the first line and then left the fans to it - the whole ground joined in. However they did not sing much afterward until the last few minutes grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    04 MCS - the kareoke bouncy ball bit was only a rum n coke
  • Options
    My son used to sing

'Valley Floyd Road, The Mystery is at the Thames' when he was 5/6. Used to drive me round the bend keep correcting him.
  • Options
    Great idea. But wont turning it off half way through just mean the ground goes completely silent? ;-)

Get Henry onto this one me thinks........
  • Options
    Like the idea, but drop the announcer part, shouldn't be needed.

As a traditionalist the players shd still come out to RRR, then announce the teams, then have VFR played right on top of kick off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]04 MCS - the kareoke bouncy ball bit was only a rum n coke

Sorry man, i missed it!

[cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]Like the idea, but drop the announcer part, shouldn't be needed.

As a traditionalist the players shd still come out to RRR, then announce the teams, then have VFR played right on top of kick off.

Make you right Dave storry, spot on
  • Options
    The worst player from the pevious match should start it off! That would be good.
  • Options
    never mind valley floyd road, that gets sung half a dozen times during a match anyway...stick the words and bouncey ball up for red, red robin when its played as the players come out...everybody claps along so lets see if we can get everybody singing along as well...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have to say that the red red robin is the most S**t and embarrassing song around. It should be for Swindon Fans Only.
    It should be Banned!
  • Options
    When the players are in the tunnel, yes, but we have to come out to The Red Red Robin, we always have and always will.
  • Options
    I never said anything about not coming out to the red red robin.

I think we should. I just think it would be good if we could all (the people who want to) sing VFR loud as we can because its a Charlton song and i'm Charlton.
  • Options
    I thought we hijacked this song from Notts Forest?
  • Options
    Ollie's "pervious post"! Sheesh, doood, must have missed it!

As Dave says, "the players shd still come out to RRR, then announce the teams, then have VFR played right on top of kick off."

Before RRR, London Calling and then Into the Valley. Then, as VFR is played, just before kick-off, but where to cut it? Going into the first chorus?

If we can decide an exact programme, we can send the thread to Ben or the relevant lot and see what can be done.

CharltonPark: "Valley Floyd Road, The Mystery is at the Thames", I make him right...
  • Options
    will we get royalties? ;o)
  • Options
    Al......that did cross my mind - not sure whether my contract will allow me to sing it again live!
  • Options
    I kept getting asked to sing live with that Williams bloke but there is only so much autograph signing etc I can take!
  • Options
    ....that would have been great to see a come back by Andy Williams ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]I have to say that the red red robin is the most S**t and embarrassing song around. It should be for Swindon Fans Only.
    It should be Banned!

I'd love to see you say that to the Hull Kingston Rovers supporters who sing it with gusto. When I heard them singing it during the National League Final it sent shivers down my spine.

The idea to put the words up on the screen is a good idea. Although, I know all the words, as all the Hull City supporters in the Wetherspoons next to Old Trafford on Grand Final day found out ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]I have to say that the red red robin is the most S**t and embarrassing song around. It should be for Swindon Fans Only.
    It should be Banned!

The Red, Red Robin is part of the very soul of this club and as such is sacred.

The players run out to The Red Red Robin other than that you can do what you like with the music as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Egg Chasers Singing RRR!
  • Options
    Good idea on VFR.

RRR has to stay. End of.