Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Croydon Today "Palace fans hit out at Charlton's Kangaroo court security"

Comments

• Options
    im astonished that someone has wrote that they are glad about the train incident last season and how it was charlton starting the trouble. groin thugs against children. just poves what a bunch of scumbags they really are.
  • Options
    Yet more bad blood between our clubs, and lets be honest CAFC fans are now just as likely to get similar treatment at Selhurst next season, if we play you.

I think this is now 100% officially a very bad tempered derby on both sides.
  • Options
    correct me if I am wrong but aren't the stewards run by a separate company? It's about time we (And I mean all clubs) had properly trained stewards with an ounce of common sense and man management. I was at the Norwich away game just before Christmas and there they were taking people out for what I could see was for nothing.
    Agreed the comment about the train was stupid and probably written by a 14 year hooligan wannabe. Maybe a year or so without this fixture may be a blessing in disguise to let things cool down a bit.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    There lies the reason my blood boils with the stripey mugs, yes there was over zealous stewarding it seems mistakes were made but 4 ot of the 30 odd ejected complain, one was fan of the year so fecking what.

i have forgotten the last time i have been to a game where you dont see such incidents, there are people getting removed from areas under section 27 before games, this is more of an issue to methan this but it is life you have to get on with it,

we have all either seen or been involved in incidents through seasons gone by this is nothing new

as for the prick who made the comment about the train he is just looking for a reaction

shit happens
  • Options
    watching these youtube clips on here just makes it even more funny at what happened outside walking back to the station when they were confronted by equal numbers and decided looking down at their shoes and walking in silence was the best option lol.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]Yet more bad blood between our clubs, and lets be honest CAFC fans are now just as likely to get similar treatment at Selhurst next season, if we play you.

I think this is now 100% officially a very bad tempered derby on both sides.[/quote]

Have to agree with you, although I think they stewarding earlier this year at Selhurst was pretty awful too, on that occasion the police did their job well but the stewards were awful getting involved where they didnt need to, telling youngsters (12-14yr olds) off for singing inoffensive songs, and generally not helping proceedings.

In both cases the actions of a few bad stewards have let both clubs down and worsened the situation for future games. Not sure what the solution is though, perhaps only taking on contracts with stewarding companies who properly vet and train their stewards but Im sure the additional cost incurred would not easily be taken on by either club.
  • Options
    All of this smacks of sour grapes IMO, what's the old song "Just because you're losing"

When I went to Smellhurst, I was subjected to a search by the stewards involving me being pushed about and being told to stand still or I won't get in, and not for one second did I think about writing to the Croydon Echo or whatever the rag is called, all of this is just the stripey nigels pushing their toys out of the pram yet again.
  • Options
    They are looking for sympathy, for christ sake, one of them on that article even mentions a wheelchair user being evicted, sorry, but being in a wheelchair, as tragic and awful as that is for that person, does not exclude you from a search or normal safety requirements IMO, hand wringing numpties.

I worked with a guy in a wheelchair many years ago, did not stop him being an obnoxious, arrogant pillock, so who knows what was said by this person when requested for a search., they only want to highlight the fact that it was a wheelchair user for sympathy.
  • Options
    Who cares if they nicked a scarf, it is very brave of them and also very mature burning said neck warmer miles from the nearest Charlton fan. Tools
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry mate, but reading what actually appeared to happen to the disabled guy, it seems he was thrown out for appearing drunk, as he was unable to raise his arms. This was due to the fact he was disabled, also no mention of a wheelchair.

As Thommo pointed out, its not the clubs that are at fault, just the stewarding. Also though the police don't come out of it very well, as they seem to have witnessed a lot of poor treament, but chose to ignore it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Sorry mate, but reading what actually appeared to happen to the disabled guy, it seems he was thrown out for appearing drunk, as he was unable to raise his arms. This was due to the fact he was disabled, also no mention of a wheelchair.

As Thommo pointed out, its not the clubs that are at fault, just the stewarding. Also though the police don't come out of it very well, as they seem to have witnessed a lot of poor treament, but chose to ignore it.

They ignored it because they also don't like you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]Sorry mate, but reading what actually appeared to happen to the disabled guy, it seems he was thrown out for appearing drunk, as he was unable to raise his arms. This was due to the fact he was disabled, also no mention of a wheelchair.

Thing is this kind of stuff happens to us all the time, especially at places like Sheff Utd where the stewards like to fight you and then hide behind the coppers. At your place the stewards are just the same looking for an excuse to stop you coming in, so that is why there is no sympathy. If the stewards realised the guy was disabled I hope they would not have chucked him, if they even did.
  • Options

Budgie, apologies, just re-read the article, no mention of a wheelchair, my blind rage at my perceived pettyness of it all obviously took over. Do feel sorry for the "super fan" though, everyone has the right to support their club, but as none of us witnessed the actual exchanges between the fans and stewards first hand we'll never know. Seen many a person evicted (leave it Henry!) and the abuse they have given stewards that led to the eviction, for not allowing searches, or refusing to sit, give up beer cans etc and then claim they did nothing wrong, even friends of mine.
  • Options
    if true stripey they would have made a complaint surely, but seeing as there is a direct link on here straight to the man in charge of the stewarding and no complaint has been recieved i think you stipeys are just beatching after yet another loss to us, we may be shit at the moment but we wont winge and cry about stewarding grow up the lot of you ffs
  • Options
    Making a complaint to the company in charge of the stewarding would seem a like a fairly obvious thing to do.
  • Options
    I can assure you 100% that 'most' disabled folk are quite capable of being both abusive and in many cases violent if the need arrises.
    They are no different from the rest of us ...most are reasonable everyday citizens but just as in the able bodied community there are guys who are 'up for it' it's exactly the same in the disabled community.
    They would want and expect to be treated in much the same way as able bodied folk....if the guy was out of order in some way he had to go...simple as that.
    I didn't see the incident and nor did 99% of posters who seem to have made the extraordinary decision that because he was disabled he should have been treated differently...if mentaly disabled(or as in some cases both), then yes I agree...but being solely physicaly disabled doesn't give them a 'carte blanche' right to break the rules...if you ask any of them they'd tell you they wouldn't have it any other way.
  • Options
    The fan of the year bloke is only gutted about this cos he won't win fan of the year this season due to the fact he missed the Charlton game .
  • Options
    Am currently enjoying the comments after that article !
  • Options
    I would have thought that being a Palarse fan is a form of mental impairment .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2009
    come on, own up:

"It was a disgrace. I was ejected for nothing, then a nasty Charlton fan stood on my foot, and it weally weally hurt.

Nigel Soretoes, Croydon"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]come on, own up:

"It was a disgrace. I was ejected for nothing, then a nasty Charlton fan stood on my foot, and it weally weally hurt.

Nigel Soretoes, Croydon"
    Brilliant!
  • Options
    A steward just said to me: 'I don't like you, I'm throwing you out'.
    "I was lifted off my feet and taken out of the ground, it was totally overboard."

' A Big Valley Welcome toThe Players Directors and Supporters of Crystal Palace.'
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The only thing his comment confirms is that he regularly gets told that people "dont like the look of him" but in this case the reaction to his stripey blue n red romper suit was "way out of order"
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I can assure you 100% that 'most' disabled folk are quite capable of being both abusive and in many cases violent if the need arrises.
    They are no different from the rest of us ...most are reasonable everyday citizens but just as in the able bodied community there are guys who are 'up for it' it's exactly the same in the disabled community.
    They would want and expect to be treated in much the same way as able bodied folk....if the guy was out of order in some way he had to go...simple as that.
    I didn't see the incident and nor did 99% of posters who seem to have made the extraordinary decision that because he was disabled he should have been treated differently...if mentaly disabled(or as in some cases both), then yes I agree...but being solely physicaly disabled doesn't give them a 'carte blanche' right to break the rules...if you ask any of them they'd tell you they wouldn't have it any other way.

We're on disabled tickets, and would not wish to be treated any differently to anyone else, although being able to sit and watch the games becomes more important. But that's another argument.
  • Options
    The point of the Croydon rag would be?
  • Options
    Not sure what to say about the article above as this is all I expct from Charlton.
    I have been to eleven away games this season and not once have I been treated in this way. If this was the other way round and charlton fans were on the recieving end there would be a big song and dance about it but because its palace fans nothing will happen. Not sure if anyone remembers but there was a few charlton fans who attacked palace fans on a train (2008). All the palace fans did was defend them selfs, charlton complained to the police and now a number of palace fans are in prison for what I see as self defence.
    I think all this goes back to the ground shareing days, Charlton just aint got over it.
    DISGRACE. EAGLES EAGLES Lee CPFC, New Addington

This comment beggars belief
  • Options
    He's obviously not seen the video of "the train", cowards the lot of them in that video, there was clearly no "firm" on that train and one lad even puts his hand up to say not interested in a fight and still gets a headbutt for his trouble. Rightly or wrongly, there are rules even for hoolies, and they were universally slated by all for it when the video appeared on a hoolie site I know of.
  • Options
    Those comments are hilarious. Just added one, not sure if it will get published though...
  • Options
    It did get published.

Nearly in tears at some of them.